Rumor - New Sony Handheld

DEI2EK

"The report states the machine is in a "high level design phase", meaning it's in a very early state — apparently "at least two years out" and "technically not greenlit for launch yet"."

I'm sure Playstation is ALWAYS considering a portable, but I'm not getting any hopes up until we start hearing more substantiated claims.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I feel this may end up being a digital only portable ps5 with the option to remote play ps6 games. Thats probably the only feasible way a modern PlayStation handheld could possibly be successful as a portable ps6 out of the gate would probably not be feasible but in a few years after the ps5 tech is cheap enough i can see a portable ps5 being possible.

• Like 1

What I have read, which is just rumors, is that it would play PS4 and PS5 digital games. There is no way I want to still be playing PS4 games in 2027 or whenever, but this would solve the problem of actually supporting the device. 

I believe Sony has more iterations of PS5 hardware than PS5 first party games 😂

They have said they want "more ways to interact with PS5" even as recently as the last State of Play, so I don't find this totally unbelievable.

Sounds like Sony's continuing to look to the past and relying on the subpar games of that generation. If it's primarily for PS4 games this is just a waste of resources.

Sony needs something worth  playing, before worrying about a glorified gameboy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The videos on the internet are really ramping up regarding the PS Vita 2 and I’m all for it! With the success of other handhelds recently, I think the market is there for premium on the go gaming experience that cell phones just aren’t equipped for. Hopefully it also brings back the existing market to be more viable with sales etc.  LETS GOOO VITA 2!!

• Like 2

I'm not ready to believe this, but never say never.

13 hours ago, majob said:

I can already hear the Nintendo fanboys claiming Sony is copying the Switch

Fuck 'em. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope this comes someday and that they learn from their mistakes from the past, and support the console/product, with a clear vision of what kind of market/games there will be at the console, i doubt it will come in some years because the portal exists, they are going to go with that even if its a "controller" 

• Like 1