Skull & Bones Trophy Thoughts

NetoStyle

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

This made me laugh. Who is “they” and what is “quadruple A” so I can laugh at someone specific?

Yves Guillemot said that yesterday at an investors conference when they asked what justifies the 70$ price tag for a live service game. He said it has the biggest open world ever created by Ubisoft and therefore it is a AAAA game.

Heard they implement live service bullshit even though the game is a full price title. Greedysoft strikes back again ^^

I avoided their games for years, my latest exceptions were Mirage and PoP which both were good to great. 

Now they try to pull off their usual crap and I do, what i usually do with their games, leave them in the store and buy good indies instead.

Just wonder how long it will take until this game drops below 20 bucks. Even then i won`t support live service in any way.

Edited by DavySuicide

They don't realize that we already have "AAAA" games, normal triple A games with an amazing quality, that focus on a lot of details and a deep story, which the game is built around and not viceversa. Games like Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last of Us 2, Uncharted 4, etc.

A game which was created with the sole purpose of exploiting the naval mechanics of an (already) 11 year old game is not destined to success.

Also I already tried the Alpha for the Gameboy Advance and it was pretty bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

other games as quadruple A, as if it’s an actual thing

They're hilariously trying to continue the "trend" that Microsoft started back in 2020.

It lost steam quickly back then, and it'll do so again now.

Nice to see them still paying homage to Black Flag after its wonky dev cycle with another "Sharing is Caring" trophy. At least this one is much simpler.

Edited by Apollo