What was your first Console and game you 100%/Fully complete?

AJ Maciejewski

My first ever console was the N64 (First game I ever played was Spiderman game on N64), & the first game I ever 100% was probably Battle for Bikini Bottom on the Gamecube. I remember trying to 100% Majora's Mask as a kid but I couldn't figure out how to get a majority of the masks because man, that game was convoluted.

• Like 2

First console I full remember was the Amiga 500, although I know I had some sort of commodore before that as I remember the game 'Fiendish Freddie's Big Top O' Fun'

First game I remember properly committing to 100% is Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 on PS1. Writing down all the names of the gaps and figuring out where they were, to end up with a little certificate on screen saying congrats. Good times.

• Like 3

First completed games I remember were from the Commodore 64 and would have either been the Last Ninja or Wizball. Wizball was quite an achievement as I had a black and white TV

First console game would probably be The Secret of Mana on the SNES

First playstation game could have been Resident Evil on the PS1.

• Like 4

My 1st console was a FamiClone (a red/grey Terminator VII to be precise) that I got when I was 6 years old in 1996. The console came with a multicart. One of the games on that multicart was The Legend of Kage. That was the 1st game I've ever beaten. It's a platformer/hack n slash, where the main goal is to rescue a princess. There are 12 stages across 3 seasons (4 stages per season). It's not a hard game (you only need to dodge projectiles) & it lasts 15-20 mins.

Longplay video:

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 4

This question is kinda hard to answer.

- I was born in 1994

So, our first Family console was probably the SNES, after that we had almost every console.

The first game I remember *actively* playing was Ocanina of Time on N64 - which I never played past Queen Ghoma bc I was scared of her. (I knew the whole Deku Tree inside out up until the Boss room, my brother needed to fight her and I left the room lol)

The first game I remember finishing alone was most likely windwaker.

Its hard to say which game I fully finished first because back then you never knew what you might have missed and without trophies, how do you determine 100%? (e.g. FF Games having x99 of every Item in the game?)

I think the first game I've 100%ed was my first Platinum in Heavy Rain, which got me into trophy hunting.

• Like 1

My first was Playstation 1, I loved that console, equally cause my first game was MGS1, I was just blown away with the story, the graphics, the crazy little Easter eggs (anyone remember the code-on-the-box? Took way too long on this one 😅)

My first fully committed 100% was AC1 on the ps3, was collecting feathers for many nights waaaay before it was even a trophy thing... 

• Like 1

First console for me was the NES, cuz I'm old n shit.

First game I completed 100% was Super Mario World. When I saw that levels had multiple endings, I had to find every one. And then connecting all the Star Road levels... and then the Special Circuits... it was such a thrill.

• Like 4

Super Mario Bros. 1 / Duck Hunt

First game to 100% I don't know. There are too many retro games I played and surely I 100% some of them.

Edit: one I remember surely is Super Metroid, I got the official guide and wanted every upgrade and hidden room.

Edited by petrus_hendrikus
  • Like 2

First console was a NES clone, the market here was flooded with them back in the day with all those "999 in 1" type of cartridges included. 

First fully completed game... I don't even remember honestly. It was on the Playstation 1, of that I'm certain since that was when I really got into gaming. Might have been the first Suikoden game? With getting all the different characters and whatnot. Or Final Fantasy 7 maybe, I remember maxing out all the materias, characters, defeating Weapons, etc. 

• Like 2

My first console was the original Nintendo, and my first 100%'d game was Fatal Frame 2 on the PS2. I rented that game so many times, they actually told me to keep it because I basically paid for it. I definitely got a taste for completionism while doing that. I don't know what made me want to complete it, I just loved playing it so much I wanted to get as much out of it as possible.

• Like 1

My first console was the Sega Pico 🤗 mainly the Lion King and Pocahontas games. I’m not sure if those had an actual completion point other than the story, so first 100% was probably Crash Bandicoot Warped on PS1, with my dad and brother (and my mom beat Dingodile for us, she’s still so proud of it and hasn’t played a video game since 😆).

• Like 1

my dad was a business man on the road alot and my mum had a shop so i used to mainly be at my grans place as a child except for school holidays i would go to the shop or out with my dad. 

one day my dad took me to a friends of his electronics store. he called ahead and surprised me with a NES my very first console, well if you dont count those handheld brick games. absolutely loved it bought a cartridge with 100s of games on it, one of those was probably the first game i fully completed. 

dont remember which on it would have been though alot of those games just started at the first level again after a point. 

• Like 1

Started my gaming experience with a good old NES, back in the very late 80s / early 90s - that was the time when Europe was systematically served years after Japan and the US…

As for the game - The Legend of Zelda, the very first. I can’t remember how many weekends (wasn’t allowed to play on week days) I spent searching every inch of the map to make sure I had no more mystery to unravel. No internet to help of course, fortunately I had so much free time back then 🙂

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 2

Super Mario World on the SNES. My best friend and I would play it together every day after school. It was the first game I ever got 100%. It and Dog's Life were pretty much the only games I ever did that for until I started trophy hunting. Most games I would just mess around in or restart every time I played. 

• Like 2