Patch released! Plat Unobtainable on 1.01.

14 minutes ago, King-with-a-K said:

Platinum popped for me, PS5 and 1.01. I am in Canada incase if it is due to region maybe? I did nothing special or different, I had to rewind a few times cuz the mobs were kicking my ass during the final fight. It popped first run though. Incase if you all want to play with the rewind option to retry the trophy popping, the trophy pops the moment you kill the boss, not after the mission like the other trophies. so kill, rewind, kill? Maybe it will eventually work but I didn't do anything special for it to pop.  

It might not be region related but it could be a language issue i.e. the trophy will only pop when set to e.g. US English 🤔.

I have no knowledge or anything, but my theory is it has something to do with profile/save corruption, which was apparently what was causing the crash at the end of the 6th mission (which also only affected some people, like me lol), and they're trying to fix that problem once and for all, rather than just changing it to pop a trophy on final boss defeat no matter what.

12 hours ago, Prototype1690 said:

On PS5 tried to brute force it with rewinding and reloading saves to kill the boss again and again, tried switching the language to U.S. English. Still no luck. Come on Bend, wtf is taking you so long?

they are still 'working' on such a small thing

13 hours ago, Prototype1690 said:

Come on Bend, wtf is taking you so long?

30 minutes ago, Mr_Buzzinka said:

they are still 'working' on such a small thing

It’s not Bend working on this, it’s a company called Implicit Conversions. 

21 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I've not played many of those classics, is the majority of them released broken and then not fixed for ages? Really poor imo paying for the top tier and getting broken games. 

As far as I recall, the only other game that was released in a broken state was the Legend of Dragoon. Otherwise, most of the releases have been pretty smooth from my experience. And yes, that was fixed within the month.

I started on PS4 on version 1.00 and it got patched to 1.01 throughout my run. Then in the meantime I also finally got myself a PS5 and continued the game on there, uploaded and downloaded my saves to and from PS+. It looks like that was the perfect recipe for a glitched trophy-cocktail. I don’t really feel like playing through the game again, cause it’s not my favorite Resistance game (which is R3 by the way). The controls are very clunky and cumbersome, and the story drags on for too long for a handheld game.

10 hours ago, zizimonster said:

And how did you do that?

When you press the options button on the controller while playing ps1 or psp games it has rewind, load & save and settings. I use the save in that menu and not the one inside the game.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2024 at 8:40 AM, guss007911 said:

Did you actually get it on 1.01 version?

Do you think it's to do with saving in multiple save slots? I used 4. Also at the end of the game there's a screen that cuts out very quickly maybe that's where the trophy pops. Because it's been a month now and still no update.

Based on my observations in the last few days, players who played the NA digital copy were able to plat the game. Such as, players from the US, Chile, Brazil, Hong Kong, and so on.

On the other hand, I haven't seen EU players obtain the plat recently. EU digital copy might be the version with the unobtainable plat(?) :hmm:

CMIIW.

Edited by zizimonster
update
  • Like 3

So who‘s actually affected by this? Honestly I feel like I’m reading more comments of players who didn’t have any problems with the last trophy. As if this isn’t such a huge problem after all that only affects a small minority of players. Also another week has passed and still no version 1.02. I currently feel like it might never come.

46 minutes ago, Prototype1690 said:

So who‘s actually affected by this? Honestly I feel like I’m reading more comments of players who didn’t have any problems with the last trophy. As if this isn’t such a huge problem after all that only affects a small minority of players. Also another week has passed and still no version 1.02. I currently feel like it might never come.

Click back to the previous pages. Loads of people are not getting the last trophy. Including myself. The issue has been acknowledge and a fix will be deployed when it's ready. https://twitter.com/vikingdad278/status/1767587243156439464

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cometowner said:

My ps5 version is 1.0. Download it day 1 but never updated 

can anyone confirm everything is obtainable for me ???

The stability problems and save file corruption issues were fixed with the 1.01 patch but the Destroy the Chrysalis and Raine trophy is very buggy post-patch and refuses to pop for a lot of people :(. Another patch is now in active development but there's no ETA on a release date. It's a case of pick your poison: Play unpatched and get game breaking and progression blocking crashes or play patched and deal with a buggy trophy that may or may not pop and lock you out of the Plat.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just to clarify, it's only the PS5 version that has the glitchy trophy which is not unlocking for some people? But the PS4 version, nothing is wrong with all trophies unlocking? I bought this game last week and just wanted to find out if it was both versions before starting  :)