TMNT: Wrath of the Mutants trophy thoughts

44 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I know the game doesn't look that great, especially compared to Shredder's Revenge, but I'd like to ask everyone to buy it anyway so that Nickelodeon sees a demand for more TMNT 2012 media. 🥺

mCESN47.gif

Raw Thrills is a great developer who still makes fun arcade games in modernity. I'm sure even without the specific source material, the game is actually pretty damn fun.

I'm super excited to give this game a shot. I really hope more Raw Thrills stuff makes it over. We RARELY see contemporary arcade games come to console.

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, P-Low14 said:

Is there online multiplayer or are you going to need 4 controllers for the couch night memories trophy.

It appears to be local co-op only.  I could be wrong, but the PSN listing only mentions 4 player local co-op.

On 4/17/2024 at 8:21 AM, Snake2410 said:

It appears to be local co-op only.  I could be wrong, but the PSN listing only mentions 4 player local co-op.

No suggestion of online play on ps store too. Only says offline play enabled and local co-op play of up to 4 players. Can anyone confirm?

Got my physical copy a day early from Best Buy earlier today.  I can confirm that there is no online co-op option at the moment.  You pick a level, and then it gives an option for picking your Turtles for couch co-op.  So it looks like you'll need some friends or 4 controllers to pop the level trophy

On 4/15/2024 at 7:41 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I know the game doesn't look that great, especially compared to Shredder's Revenge, but I'd like to ask everyone to buy it anyway so that Nickelodeon sees a demand for more TMNT 2012 media. 🥺

mCESN47.gif

It's the best game based on the 2012 show in my opinion.  Think Turtles in Time, but with the aesthetic of the 2012 show.  Turtles in Time is one of the GOATs of the genre, so it's not as good, but it's still a fun time if you are a Turtles fan

7 minutes ago, Spraragen88 said:

This game suuuucks. The input lag is terrible. The game is 50 minutes long and feels like a cheap cash grab after the success of Shredder's Revenge. This game costing $30 is a travesty. 

It's not on your profile, so...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

This game suuuucks. The input lag is terrible. The game is 50 minutes long and feels like a cheap cash grab after the success of Shredder's Revenge. This game costing $30 is a travesty. 

I completely agree with you. To add some more info: 

- You can't dodge or parry in the game

- It feels like ranged attacks from enemies have auto aim and always hit you

- There are no online leaderboards, which would be cool to have in a game like this

33 minutes ago, Admus_Prime said:

Power of friendship, do you need to play in co-op to earn the trophy?

No, these are just power-ups that you can pick up.

There is only one local co-op trophy, which is "Couch Night Memories (Complete a Level in 4-player Co-op)". You need four controllers for this, and you can join with them at the end when fighting the boss of a level.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

@wolker4 since you already platinum the game, do you have any strategy for the high score? Cause Shredder's points are like double mine 😆 unless I'm missing something... or if it's best done in Co-Op.

Yeah, play the first level on hard difficulty and do some longer combos. On hard difficulty, you get more points compared to easy or normal. I think on hard you get 250 points per combo kill, while on easy, it's 100 points. 

• Like 1

How hard was it to get the high score combo on the first level. Cause with my combos it only get to around the 5th placement. Plus they never really give all the points they should. Got 200+ hits only to have 4,000 score for combos at the end