[Resolved] PS3 P2P Online Games Currently Down - Trophy syncing unaffected

The only unaffected P2P hosted applications are the ones that allow you to create a LAN lobby and enter IP addresses manually, then route connections through tunneling creating a virtual private network. Think Xlink Kai.

If the old-gen application doesn't allow LAN, it has a hardcoded IP address for a server on Sony's network all the app clients request matchmake info from. That IP address doesn't respond or gives bad output (or Sony's acco authentication server does), matchmake doesn't happen.

Long story short, you have approximately three old-gen games that allow you to still connect through the LAN method. IMO no point in testing all the other software one by one, when we they use the exact same solution and we already figured out it doesn't currently work.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT PS3 AND VITA PSN STORES ARE ALREADY FULLY SHUTDOWN IN CROATIA.

HAPPENED LAST YEAR IN NOVEMBER.

PSN ACCOUNTS FROM CROATIA CAN DOWNLOAD OLD GAMES, BUT PURCHASING OPTION WAS COMPLETELY REMOVED.

SO ANYONE WITH A PS3 BACKLOG REAAAAALY GET GOING PEEPS.

THE GLOBAL SHUTDOWN IS HAPPENING SOON I AM GUESSING 

14 minutes ago, blazkowicz6 said:

No,we in Croatia lost the Store.

I believe that happened because of Croatia's currency change from Kuna to Euro.

• Like 3

Just now, kenseizenkai said:

I believe that happened because of Croatia's currency change from Kuna to Euro.

Yes, but its still dead. Reason doesnt really matter.

Croatian parents need to make a foreign country PSN and buy PSN Wallet codes to buy their children games. 

Everyone is affected, not just trophy hunters.

This could happen to any country for any tehnical reason and sony doesnt think anything major is worth fixing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

Yes, but its still dead. Reason doesnt really matter.

Croatian parents need to make a foreign country PSN and buy PSN Wallet codes to buy their children games. 

Everyone is affected, not just trophy hunters.

This could happen to any country for any tehnical reason and sony doesnt think anything major is worth fixing.

Logic dictates that this will probably happen to any new country’s ps3 store that adopts the Euro, sad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Omegamune said:

Hey everyone. So I suffered through the ~1 hour wait time to talk to a PlayStation Support agent. After explaining the situation, the best they could recommend was contacting the game publishers to see if it's a problem on their end. I explained that this is most certainly not the case, as it would be a cosmic coincidence for dozens of publishers' online support services to go down on the same day. I asked if they could please find some way to escalate the issue and get word to a team involved with whatever system PlayStation uses to mediate P2P game connections. They explained that because support is no longer provided for PlayStation 3, they have no means to do this.

Long story short, it's definitely not a planned permanent outage or anything, but it doesn't seem like it's even been noticed. Could be resolved very soon, could take weeks or months or never happen at all. Cross your fingers!

On support in big companies not people is working most of the time but robots or AI so they will 100% will never understand about what you talking and which problem need to resolve because they(support agents) don’t even know where they working and sometimes don’t know company names where they working so it’s waste of time talking with support teams sadly.

• Like 1

I've been helping someone boost the Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax trophies. We were online on Monday with no issues and got the majority of it finished, but then last night we couldn't connect to either game. I thought it was strange that both games were suddenly offline at the same time with no warning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Damn then this means we have to hold of coop for dead island JP ver. Plan was to do it this weekend and Riptide JP.

I guess we need to hold it of now for couple of weeks to see if it comes back. And im so glad Colonial Marines has LAN 😊Only ps3 mp that i havent finnished exept fuse also, but that shut yrs ago.

It looks like that Dead Island has Lan play and system link. So maybe its still possible , but i would need 2 more copies of it tho.

@HuntingFever

Nice one, I'm glad to be wrong about this one :).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Damn then this means we have to hold of coop for dead island JP ver. Plan was to do it this weekend and Riptide JP.

I guess we need to hold it of now for couple of weeks to see if it comes back. And im so glad Colonial Marines has LAN 😊Only ps3 mp that i havent finnished exept fuse also, but that shut yrs ago.

It looks like that Dead Island has Lan play and system link. So maybe its still possible , but i would need 2 more copies of it tho.

@HuntingFever

Isn't there a solution with something called Hamachi to join someone else's LAN? If anyone knows if/how this works, I'd appreciate a small tutorial.

50 minutes ago, ars said:

If the old-gen application doesn't allow LAN, it has a hardcoded IP address for a server on Sony's network all the app clients request matchmake info from. That IP address doesn't respond or gives bad output (or Sony's acco authentication server does), matchmake doesn't happen.

If you can find me a single game with a hard-coded IP address for a Sony Server and prove it, I'll send you $50.

Posted (edited)

I was testing a lot of games that I have pending to start and that are believed to be peer to peer, this is what I found so far, in case someone is making a master list:

- Guilty Gear XX (Down)

- Sacred Citadel (Down)

- Payday: The Heist (Down)

- Deep Black (Down)

- Enemy Front (Up)

- Fighting Climax (Down)

- Battle Fantasia (Unknown, game shows a weird message but can still host)

- Thexder Neo (Down)

- Zeno Clash 2 (Down)

- NASCAR: Days of Thunder (Down)

- Critter Crunch (Down)

- Fuel Overdose (Down)

- Earth Defense Force 2025 (Down, still doable offline)

- EDF: Insect Armageddon (Down, still doable offline)

- Spelunker HD (Down)

- Hard Corps: Uprising (Down)

- BlazBlue: CSE (Down)

- Front Mission: Evolved (Down)

- The Darkness II (Up, still doable offline)

- DOOM 3: BFG Edition (Up for the third game only, DOOM 1 and 2 are down)

- Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Down for Multiplayer, Up for Single Player Ranking Play).

I'll check more games whenever I can.

Edited by CaracciaMan
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

@Smashero

Had some spare time and tested all games you listed.

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -> works
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors ->´PSN Battles don't work, only Local and Versus Battle do work which are offline modes I guess.
Fighting Climax -> works
BattleFantasia -> works
Naughty Bear -> does not work

@willmill97 Please double check @TheRealHardyBoy1's post since on 1st page you've marked all those games as "non-working".

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2