Which of these natural disasters would you be most frightened of?

Goro

Which of these natural disasters would you be most frightened of?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these natural disasters would you be most frightened of?

• Blizzards
    • Earthquakes
    • Floods/Tsunamis
    • Hurricanes
    • Tornadoes
    • Wildfires

This was a tough one between earthquakes,  tornadoes and tsunamis. I recently watched The Impossible, a movie based on the tsunami that hit Thailand in 2004. I can't even imagine going through something like that! Plus, I'm a horrible swimmer! :S

Growing up in Oklahoma there were always lots of tornadoes near my hometown. Thankfully they never did too much damage though. 

Edited by modiese

Floods are about the only one that happens in this country.. and blizzards (10 feet of snow), but floods are definitely more scary, just because they would mess up your floors etc in your house and can happen any time of the year.

None of those are really present here I guess (in my general vicinity, I mean) so nothing applies really. Last time I was caught in an earthquake I was in a high-ish skyscraper, was kinda funny feeling when the whole building was swinging from side to side.

I went with Quakes. I live in Arkansas, so a tornado is about as scary as a Thursday. I'm not near the ocean, so by the time a Hurricane (or Tsunami) affected me, it has mostly been gusty rain. The entire area is scarred by agriculture, so not enough trees for a wildfire to really rampage... also it hasn't gone more than 2 days without raining all year. It's true that people around here begin screaming in horror and declaring Armeggedon at first sign of a dusting of snow, so yeah a blizzard would be scary, but not for the blizzard itself. I have no doubt that the population would turn to looting at the first chance. Marauding bands of drunken rednecks and "gangstas" was not on the list, however. That just leaves Earthquakes. There is a faultline in NE AR, I think, but the tremors aren't usually felt here, but it's not impossible.

Had it been open ended, I would say a Viral epidemic. Also, should Yellowstone go pop, that would be pretty fucked. That's to say nothing of the planet killing asteroids buzzing about, or any of the other infinite number of things that could come from space. Really, our fragile little existence is lived walking a tightrope of forces beyond our control that all seem ready and waiting to spank us... Makes you wonder why people have taken it upon themselves to be so vile to each other, when nature would be more than happy to do it for us.

• Like 1

Tornadoes, Tsunami's, and Hurricanes. Those get my anxiety up just hearing about them. Though it's probably because I've been through a tornado and I don't think I've coped with it still. I haven't been through a hurricane or flood/tsunami though but I feel like I would be able to handle earthquakes, fires, and blizzards better.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on where I live (Utah), I'll say earthquakes. Blizzard is just cold. Wildfires can be stopped with water. Tsunamis, hurricanes, and floods will never happen here. We've had one tornado in the last 15 years. But we're on a major fault line, that we could have a massive earthquake any day now. Supposedly strong enough to tear the state in half.

So realistically, that's the only one I have to fear.

People, its what you would be most scared of if you have to experience them all. Not if it would happen in your hometown......

anyways... I dont like being burned alive....