Which of these natural disasters would you be most frightened of?

Goro

Which of these natural disasters would you be most frightened of?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these natural disasters would you be most frightened of?

• Blizzards
    • Earthquakes
    • Floods/Tsunamis
    • Hurricanes
    • Tornadoes
    • Wildfires

I picked wildfires. As a child, I have always been afraid of fire and burns. And it's the only thing that may actually happen in southern Germany :D

Edit: Oh, well, there has been some flooding last year, but the region where I live is really mountainous, so it hasn't really affected me.

Edited by jb_1408

I'd say earthquakes cause they help in volcanoes erupting, tsunamis being made and other natural disasters. If a strong earthquake hits, it will damage everything, create tsunamis, wake up volcanoes, maybe start fires and it also is not predictable. its just overpowered if it hits strong, and that to me what makes so frightening.   

I'm from Nevada, which is behind California in seismic activity. Most of the time the earthquakes are weak enough that you can't be sure if it was one or just a heavy truck rumbling down the street. You get used to it eventually. And Nevada so many wildfires that we name them like people name hurricanes. The Autumn Hills Fire about 15 years ago got started by a couple bored teenagers who were lighting lizards on fire in a field and watching them run around. One got away.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Floods/Tsunamis easily. It's no contest. Earthquakes are a good runner up, but Floods/T also come with the "additions", such as sharks and other (threatening) water animals (the fact I forgot the term for this is sad, I know). Tornados are scary and threatening, but c'mon................... it doesn't compare and it's mostly only an issue within a certain range (yes I know it travels long distances), while water/ts can go for miles AND has a much longer lasting duration. Let's also factor in not everyone can swim (meaning those are the people are pretty much guaranteed deaths if caught up somewhere) AND that during the floods/t the method(s) of surviving is not by finding cover OR holding onto something, it's getting to higher ground WHICH is not easy in the slightest.

This video sums it up quite nicely.

The only one of these I really need to be concerned about is earthquakes. We had a major one a few years ago and after awhile you just get used to all the aftershocks. You can even hear them coming about a second before they hit. I don't find them scary now but your heart always jumps a little when it hits because you never know how big or how long it's going to be. To be honest, they are annoying more than anything because they not only destroy things on top of the ground but they destroy things under the ground (sewage/water pipes) as well.

Edited by FilmFanatic

Having lived through many fires and only one flood that killed allot of people, I'm going to say fires are way scarier than floods. Fires are difficult to get away from, you just can't breath and it hurts like hell, you can't see shit, you're trying to save your pets and they're running everywhere, there's nothing left afterwards, police won't let you anywhere near your homes. Floods? If you live high enough then it's a week off work though our 2011 floods took too many lives, tsunamis? have never had one. I actually chose Tornadoes and I'd love to see one for real, However watching them scares the crap out of me.

Earthquake, there's simply nothing you can do about the floor you're standing on shaking and causing total chaos (level 12 in the intensity scale).

(Except if you happen to be flying at the precise moment)

With that being said, none of them are scary.

Really? Maybe one day when you lose everything you have, you might change your opinion.

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

So tsunami is the most feared it seems, at least on PSNP.

What was it on gamefaqs. Speaking of, that's a super old school site. I'm surprised anybody still uses the forums.

On topic, I've been through some of California's worst earthquakes in recent history. Those are damn scary. All of the other natural disasters have warnings behind them. Earthquakes I'd say are the scariest.

I'd have to say Wildfires, only because it's the only natural disaster I have any chance of being threatened by due to where I live. It never rains heavily enough here for it to flood (heavily), earthquakes are extremely rare & of very low magnitude, blizzards never occur due to it never snowing here, the closest we get to hurricanes are gale-force winds, and the only tornadoes we get are quite small in scale (especially when compared to those monstrous ones that strike in America's Tornado Alley).