Most Recent Platinum

Muff

7 minutes ago, skateak said:

Do you think that could have anything to do with the localization process? I wonder if the dialog would mean the same things in the Japanese text. I thought about trying it due to how big it seems around here but I don't think it is for me. I have no idea what my girlfriend would say if she walked in and saw it haha. I don't think she has ever even heard of fan service before.

Maybe, but it is still a lot of just "oh look a giant dinosaur...better not be a princess or he may kidnap you and put you in another castle...GET IT...LOL" humour.

Also I have to say the fan service was definitely there but surprisingly it was toned down a lot from normal RPGs. I mean in the game I am going to play next (which also has 3 girls as the protagnists) the Fan Service is dialed up to 11 (oh FFX2)

4 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Maybe, but it is still a lot of just "oh look a giant dinosaur...better not be a princess or he may kidnap you and put you in another castle...GET IT...LOL" humour.

Also I have to say the fan service was definitely there but surprisingly it was toned down a lot from normal RPGs. I mean in the game I am going to play next (which also has 3 girls as the protagnists) the Fan Service is dialed up to 11 (oh FFX2)

Haha. I have fond memories of X-2. I had never played X but had played about 70 hours of X-2 when I was 13. I am probably one of the few that liked the game.

8 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

1Lfa4b79.png

#194-Hyperdimension Neptunia

First plat of 2017 but I was trying to make it a 2016 plat as it would have won an award in the Year End Awards :(. Oh well it is a plat that was 5 years in the making.

I know this series has a lot of fans...I am not one of them.

Congrats on pushing through the game. Even as a person who enjoys most of the series I have to say that the humor in many cases is just plain annoying. There are some nice self-referencing jokes but the majority is rather bland. The gameplay of the first game is probably the most uncommon and horrible one in the series and with the second game they decided to do a more classic battle system which is far more enjoyable IMO.

I hope the rest of the games until plat #200 will be more enjoyable for you.

• Like 1

#169 - Reus

1L892f1b.png

This is the second game that I've been the first to platinum! I really liked this game but it got a bit boring after you reached the point where you can build most things. I like the art design and it took quite a bit of planning to build some of the later projects to begin with. On the downside the game crashes occasionally and it can be very rng dependant on whether you get the right projects but it didn't detract too much from the overall experience.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, skateak said:

Do you think that could have anything to do with the localization process? I wonder if the dialog would mean the same things in the Japanese text. I thought about trying it due to how big it seems around here but I don't think it is for me. I have no idea what my girlfriend would say if she walked in and saw it haha. I don't think she has ever even heard of fan service before.

Having played the game with the Japanese voices, I heard many jokes that were different from the written text. When I made my post here about the game I'd noted that the Japanese jokes were better. They were usually more pun based, but they were lost in translation. For example, at one point Neptune makes a joke about IF by changing her nickname "I-chan" to "Ai-chan." It was a scene where she was acting lovey-dovey with someone else. Ai is one of the Japanese words for love, so the pun wouldn't translate and they completely changed the joke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ala-Arska said:

Steins;Gate 0 (PS Vita)

1L45d084.png

To the Promised Place

100% Completed Steins;Gate 0

ILHYckF.jpg

Yup, your eyes don't deceive you: there is boob grabbing to be found.

Nice guys finish last. I'm not a nice guy, I finish fast (Rhymes, Ala? Really?:giggle:

All joking (and speaking about me in third person, I really should get help) aside, Steins;Gate games continue to be well done.

And even though I went through this game with Haste cast on me, I did manage to enjoy the story. No matter how mind bending it was :hmm:

Like the other VN:s I've tried out, this one also impresses me with the visuals. It's professionally "drawn" and pleases my eye.

Kudos to devs for not overflowing Steins;Gate 0 with gratuitous shots or any of that "barely legal" stuff. The game has them, but just a few.

I'd really like a Steins;Gate JRPG some day. I bet that'd be like Chrono Trigger, but way more mature and twisty ;)

S;G series has its own devoted followers, so no need for me to recommend this to them. But for those new to the Visual Novel genre, it's a great option :yay:

How did you enjoy the story when you skipped through the entire thing and finished in 2 hours? Which is impossible if you read through the entire thing. 

For sake of comparison, it took me 64 hours to complete it in its entirety.

Ah well, everybody plays things differently.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Congrats on pushing through the game. Even as a person who enjoys most of the series I have to say that the humor in many cases is just plain annoying. There are some nice self-referencing jokes but the majority is rather bland. The gameplay of the first game is probably the most uncommon and horrible one in the series and with the second game they decided to do a more classic battle system which is far more enjoyable IMO.

I hope the rest of the games until plat #200 will be more enjoyable for you.

I heard they improved the gameplay a lot which is good. It is nice when a company realizes something doesn't work and then makes strides to fix it.

16 hours ago, skateak said:

Haha. I have fond memories of X-2. I had never played X but had played about 70 hours of X-2 when I was 13. I am probably one of the few that liked the game.

Here is hoping I enjoy it as well :)