Is it just me, or are PC gamers ruining gaming?

Fierce_DeityX1

PC Gamers  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Are PC gamers ruining gaming

• Yes
    • No

I think the PC "Master Race" douchers are just like the console fanboys so while they don't ruin gaming, they can certainly ruin a good thread or forum. Honestly though, I really couldn't care less what fanboys have to say, their logic and opinions are derived from ignorance, not fact. 

Parker

I think its sad that there is a "war" Video games are meant to have fun. Whatever the console/pc yo are playing it with. If the player have fun then this game will be the ultimate game. even if it's not the popular one. I Play game to have fun. Not having a FX fest in my eyes. I play some AAA game that I really enjoyed and like the graphics and all. But I also playing some game that graphically is not the best. If you having fun! then let's the other talk and sell their product while you are enjoying the game you like :)

Some PC gamers just aim for graphics/competition/modding. This is good! if you like it the PC then is for you! but don't brab about it and don't try to convert the whole universe because you like it!

Love game for what they are. not on what they are running on. :)

I Play PC game too some time to time. But I do prefer console because it suit me the most !

Personally, I don't think PC gamers are the problem. It's the casual mobile gamers that are the problem, because games such as Angry Birds/Flappy Bird/Candy Crush etc get so popular that certain mechanics featured in them get shoved onto games on consoles (mainly indie games). Good examples would be having to buy in-game money to get good items (To an extent, Jetpack Joyride does this, because of the amount of grinding it takes otherwise. Many people cave in and buy coins) and the "limited lives feature"

Having limited lives/energy pisses me off. Why on earth would you implement something like that into a game? Failed 5 times? Wait 3+ hours to try again! It just turns people off your game, only in rare cases does it keep them coming back.

These trends of mobile gaming haven't completely plagued consoles yet, but there are traces of them, and mobile gaming is an ever-expanding market. How long until they're shoehorned into our games, too?

Massive misinformation here.

Fact: this idea that you need to change your PC components rapidly is false.

Fact: You can build a PC for 600$-700$ and it can last you an entire generation and then some, even if you might not get the greatest settings on every game.

And people sure tend to ignore the console war and the dumb elitism that goes on in there. Singling out PC gamers is certainly a strange thing to do.

Also if pirating is as massive of a problem as you chaps make it out to be Steam wouldn't be as successful as it is nor would PC still be getting support now, would it?

I've never heard the phrase PC Master Race until now. Sure sounds like something a very immature person would carry on about...

People who tear down others should be ignored. They'll never go away, because someone new and some new topic will always replace them. Opinions are fine, great even when solicited. Other than that, I do my best to ignore any flaming and flamebait and everyone else should, too.

I wish people learned earlier in life that you don't *need* others to like what you do. You're allowed to enjoy whatever you want without feeling doubt or guilt. ..unless it's murder or pedophilia, those are sticky subjects.

I do feel like that out of all the gamers: PC, Console and Mobile Players, that PC gamers are the most annoying because of the whole "glorious master race" but does this mean that all PC gamers are like that, No, it is just a small amount of people but they're so loud and annoying that it makes it's hard to ignore them, I always run into them on the Internet.

Seriously I used this picture so many times that I am considering it as a Veteran Picture and it will retire soon.

Gloriouslovesallgamesrace_zpsc3bee02e.jp

Do you have a high res version of that picture by chance? :P 

My view still stands, I don't really care what people think about it. Yes, the vocal people are the most annoying out every single fandom or thing.

• Like 1

How are they runing gaming ? Pc gaming is just like console gaming. There is no diffrence. We are all gamers. And we all play on diffrent systems . The point is ,no matter if you play on xbox ,playstation or other systems. You are a gamer. Just like with women. There was this thread that women should get they own leaderboard if i remember corectly. Like why ? There is no need for that. No matter what. If you are women,men,black or white. You are a gamer !

Every time I hear that PC Master Race bullcrap, I always think the same thing: Keep laughing PC puke, at least I can pick up any game for my system off the shelf and not have to turn it over and look at the system requirements, muttering to myself, "Hmm I might have to upgrade my graphics card for this one."  :pimp:

This is my first post, but this is my two cents on this topic.;)

It is pretty annoying when a few PC gamers turn their nose up at console gamers with the whole 'PC Master' attitude. However, there are the equivalent types of people on all three consoles, it's just that the 'PC Master race' happen to be very vocal.

Like other people have mentioned, both consoles and PCs have their pros and cons, though a consoles primary purpose is to play games, while a PC has a myraid of uses, so in that sense a console is more streamlined.

I, like other people use my PC for a certain genre of games such as RTS and Grand strategy games which are far better suited for the interface of a PC and those genres don't really exist on consoles anyway.:)

When I hear the term 'Master race', my first thought is of the Nazi's, so from that perspective it's a pretty shameful phrase.

At the end of the day we are all gamers and we should game instead of bickering like school children. B)

The obnoxious kind, you know the type. "Pc Master Race"
But it's the same for console owners, you'll come across those people that say PS beats all, Xbox beats all.

As for me, I've had an xbox for 6 years, and switched to PS3, purely for the reason of games, PS had many games I wanted, and I actively game every day, so why not switch? If it can play games well, it's fine by me.

Meh! I don't give a shit about the whole 'Master Race'. I prefer to play games on consoles because PC components are pretty damn expensive here. I used to be a PC gamer, but after I switched to consoles I have never turned back. Both systems have their ups and downs and same goes with their community. No matter how awesome the community on consoles or PC's is, there will always be those 'douchebags' who ruin it. For me, both are the same because I don't care much about graphics, all I'm concerned about is having fun when I'm gaming :)

P.S - I hate those fuckers who pirate games on PC's :shakefist:

I sometimes play games on my PC. However, I wouldn't say the whole "PC master race" is ruining gaming. Yes, they can be a headaces at times saying childish things like, "Console peasant" and other immature insults. Even I get annoyed when people say how much PC is superior, blah, blah, blah. Not everyone who plays on PC are into the idiotic PC Master Race.

Honestly, I kind of feel bad for people who treat their PC like it's a god or something because it seems like it's the only proud thing in their life. Hopefully that isnt the case. I just wish that everyone can play on PC and consoles so we don't have to listen to the simpleminded fan boy comments.

I have never heard "console peasant" ever before... -_-

I think it really depends on what PC game you jump into, some communities are just terrible.

My recent experience like say FFXIVARR has both PC and PS3 PS4 gamers all playing together. Of course there will be talks about how PC > PS3 and PS4 but we all know that is true because of only hardware.

I love my PC but I think I play more games way more on my console. Don't even know why I spent so much to make a beastly PC. Probably can buy 5 PS4s! imagine the processing power if they were all connected! :P

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

well tbh ive got a lot of hate just for having my steam pic as a platinum . in a lot of games i get called out for it . i love the steam community but it is true a lot of peeps on there dont know a single thing a just jump on the 'hate console users bandwagon' it p***** me off ! what they dont understand is a pc is 1000s and 1000s of different types of spec from the really low end to really high end  where as a ps3/4 has just one . if you go to rank my computer .com it will show that over 65% of people have a worse processor than the ps4 same with gpu . so i always believed you can never compare a pc to a console unless it almost identical in specs . i love both tho best of both worlds :P i hate the 'pc master race' people just as much as the 'pc is sh*t people'. nether know what there talking about :P

that is a interesting site... haha I ranked 92-98th -_- time to upgrade!