Is it just me, or are PC gamers ruining gaming?

Fierce_DeityX1

PC Gamers  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Are PC gamers ruining gaming

• Yes
    • No

The majority if oc gamers i met always call console people peasants, or idiots for even owning a console...it is that type if thing that ruins gaming. i mean really? We all like to play games to why not accept that some people want to play their playstation or Xbox, because they are used to it?

Now not all pc gamers are bad, i met a fair share if them who like both.

• Like 1

a majority of pc gamers say that I doubt it very much. Only the more vocal ones.

Are they ruining gaming ? again I don't see why unless you feel belittled by what they said - I for one couldn't give a rats ass.

The only thing that can ruin gaming is yourself - It's not as if devs/publishers care what 2% of the gaming population want, and that's a good thing.

So a big no to your question

Now are those people idiots ? Yes - Do we have the same type of idiot on console ? Yes - Should we give them more attention than we would a fly which has moved before you, never to be seen again ? No

• Like 1

They just say that stuff to annoy you. You're falling into their trap. The truth is that no form of gaming is better than any other and anyone who cares what strangers play games on is pretty pathetic. Consoles and PC's both have their postitives and negatives and the only real way to choose what you play games on is by going where the exclusives you want are.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say ruining it, but the whole "glorious master race" thing is annoying. I recall that thing actually starting out as a joke, but like all jokes there are those people that take it seriously.

That's not to say Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo fans are all saints either. Everyone can be just as bad as the other.

• Like 4

I completely agree with you, it disgusts me when people frown upon console users, i used to be a pc gamer but found that it was to uncomfortable and felt unnatural alot of the time. i still go back to play games like Age of Empires and such but anything that can be played on a console gets played there because its much more comfortable in every aspect and doesn't stop me from being able to use my computer.

Everyone has their own opinions and i can't stand being looked down upon for an opinion that's simply about personal taste.

Since the invention of Steam the PC is just another console.

I play the stuff better suited to mouse and keyboard on my PC (or even *gasp* my Mac) like Civilisation, or Sim City, and some indie stuff that dosnt come to console (though Sony is doing gods work now and making Indie games the focus of PS4)

Any morlock out there screaming from his bedroom that the PC is better has already lost the arguement if he or she (lets face it, HE) uses Steam.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I do feel like that out of all the gamers: PC, Console and Mobile Players, that PC gamers are the most annoying because of the whole "glorious master race" but does this mean that all PC gamers are like that, No, it is just a small amount of people but they're so loud and annoying that it makes it's hard to ignore them, I always run into them on the Internet.

Seriously I used this picture so many times that I am considering it as a Veteran Picture and it will retire soon.

Gloriouslovesallgamesrace_zpsc3bee02e.jp

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

The majority if oc gamers i met always call console people peasants, or idiots for even owning a console...it is that type if thing that ruins gaming. i mean really? We all like to play games to why not accept that some people want to play their playstation or Xbox, because they are used to it?

Now not all pc gamers are bad, i met a fair share if them who like both.

I get what you are saying and I also think that you've touched on a much bigger problem in the gaming community. You also see similar stuff from XB1 users who slam PS4 users and vice versa (not to mention both slamming Nintendo users)

Steam, Sony & Microsoft have done such a good job of making strong communities for each through their exclusives and competition, it has led to prejudice and bickering. Some of those people are either jealous or fearful of the other platforms, either because of exclusives or deep-seated worry that the platform they invested into will fall over as a result.

So they take to the forums and real life conversation to try and put the other down, whether it be through casual throwaway comments or direct verbal abuse.

This attitude (along with some of that horrific sexist-flaming and developer abuse that is going on) is quite common nowadays sadly :(

Think about it,

If you could legally upgrade something in your PS3 to give the same graphical performance of a PS4, wouldn't you do it?

The only difference between most PC gamers I know and me, is that I pay for my games.

Most of them call be a sucker because I can only buy a game once every while, while they can download my entire wishlist for free in a few days.

The downloading of free games ruins gaming, but there're also normal consoles and handhelds who are guilty of this.

Think about it,

If you could legally upgrade something in your PS3 to give the same graphical performance of a PS4, wouldn't you do it?

The only difference between most PC gamers I know and me, is that I pay for my games.

Most of them call be a sucker because I can only buy a game once every while, while they can download my entire wishlist for free in a few days.

The downloading of free games ruins gaming, but there're also normal consoles and handhelds who are guilty of this.

Which is pirating which is wrong.  They are ruining gaming because they are contributing to game companies going out of business when no one buys their games.  Same can be said about Used game sales of course, but someone always had to buy a copy new for it to become used.

Also, PS4 is about the same price roughy as a good graphics card.. maybe cheaper, so it is essentially upgrading your PS3's graphics and even more.  PC building is expensive, it's just the gaming is cheap with things like Humble Bundle and Steam sales.