Poll: Would You Get A Computer Chip In Your Brain?

Kittet3

If you could have the Internet wired directly into your brain, would you do so?   

40 members have voted

1. 1. If you could have the Internet wired directly into your brain, would you do so?

2. 2. Would you agree to have a computer chip implanted in your brain which would provide you with entertainment?

3. 3. Would you agree to have a computer chip implanted in your brain if it would make you immune to disease?

Hello there, my name is Kittet3. I'm sort of new to the site and especially the forum area, so this is all new to me. But, I'm doing a study for my Ethics class on majority rules. One of my assignments is to run a poll of a group of people and analyze those results to results I found on the web. My ethical question regards implating computer chips into the brain. I thought it would be interesting to see if gamers have a different prospective then the general public, since we are exposed to more other world technology and ideas from games. If you could just answer the short poll, it'll be great for my report! Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

There is really not enough context offered here, so I will answer no. It does definitely sound cool to have these things, but it is as sis says, can you really know it is only your thoughts going through said chip? How do you know that that chip isn't directly wired to an underground agencies supercomputer? There are far too many possibilities for it, most of which are not good. If some context was put as to why, and how the chip came into being in the first place, my answer may be a bit different, but there is not. Also there are personal things going into it, mainly paranoia. And the fact I get disgusted just imagining having a virus flowing through me, much less knowing something that isn't "self" is in my brain.

Edited by Nepgear2

I voted No to all options but there is not much information about it, what are the cons? Can you get a disease? Who's making this? They did test it? I might change my mind if there were answers.

However, society is slowly leaning towards those options, we're getting so dependant on some types of technology (internet comes to mind...) that i'm sure a lot of people would agree with having a sort of chip inside their brain to have internet access anywhere in the world. As well as people who would define this as not "natural", like when religious bigots talk about gay people.

I myself wouldn't mind if people around me were walking around with chips and whatnot inside their brains and other organs, but i think this is going to take a long time to happen (if ever). What i'm scared of is the possibility of someone controlling the person using the chips, we've seen it a million times in movies.

Something i'd want would be to be able to take pictures with my eye and then they'd be stored somewhere (perhaps inside that chip) and i'd use the internet access to transfer the pics to a phone or PC, just imagine how cool that'd be. Ever since i was a kid i always wanted to take pictures with my eyes.  :)

it would be cool to have Deus Ex-like augmentations

I'd actually be ok with this, way better than having a friggin' chip inside your brain that could get hacked and whatnot.

Wouldn't allow any chip to be implanted inside my body for any reason.

Not sure if you've heard of RFID chips but it's an idea the US Government has been looking at for sometime whereas to implant them into people's hands. This will be done under the guise of security and safety but really it will allow them to monitor everyone's action at all times. Sounds far fetched? Look it up. 

Edited by Skippy

doesn't sound far fetched at all to me. but no i wouldn't get any kind of chip implanted. too paranoid as it is, id be constantly worried bout hackers. and my god, what is someone found a way to spam it? lol picture someone walking down the street and just start screaming. "NO I DONT WANT TO ENLARGE MY FUCKING PENIS!"  This is the future when chips are involved.

• 5 months later...

would. but with no internet to hack my brain and a way to download what i want. I would have every language know to man learned and physic theories, Einstein, Newton, also medical data and know how for cures. 

I would do it to better mankind. 

Edited by Dimmu-T