Ghostbusters 3 Is Happening

Sra-000

Personally, I think the director deciding to have an all female cast is more of a statement rather than a decision to make the film the best it can be. That being said, I really couldn't care less about that and I'll judge the movie on its own merits whenever it comes out but It better have a Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd cameo at the very least. 

Parker

Is also gonna be a reboot. Which I think is better for everybody.

But think about it, Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Kat Dennings and Chloë Grace Moretz as the new Ghostbusters, how epic would that be?

I have no idea who any of those people are.

This movie should not be made...plain and simple. I wish Hollywood would stop trying to capitalize on successful franchises and, here's a thought, come up with some new good ideas. I honestly can't think of a single New idea that will stand the test of time. Harry Potter is probably the last one and that came out over a decade ago.

This movie should not be made...plain and simple. I wish Hollywood would stop trying to capitalize on successful franchises and, here's a thought, come up with some new good ideas. I honestly can't think of a single New idea that will stand the test of time. Harry Potter is probably the last one and that came out over a decade ago.

Does the Tetris movie count? They haven't tried that before, and it should certainly be interesting.

Ouch! Right in the childhood! I usually reserve my judgements until after I've experienced the subject matter, but this is the modern film industry we're talking about. "Cash grab" can sum up practically every reboot ever made in this generation. And the all-female cast thing does seem a little questionable. I have nothing against women making up the main cast, but unless it's done for a reason, it just seems like it's being done out of obligation. And is this a sequel or a remake? The article calls it a remake but it's referred to as Ghostbusters 3.

Well, I'll always have Back to the Future unless someone wants to reboot/continue that, too.

Well, I'll always have Back to the Future unless someone wants to reboot/continue that, too.

Nooo! Don't say it! Back to the Future is one of my favorite franchises. It's a prime example of a series that should be left alone, but I'm afraid it's also a giant target.

I honestly don't know what to make of the new Ghostbusters. It doesn't quite feel like a normal Hollywood cash grab, since Dan Aakroyd's wanted to do it for years and it has his and Bill Murray's blessing. However, the all-female cast sounds really gimicky. I hope they don't just make an obnoxious comedy. Part of the charm of the original was also the straight-up action. The balance is important.

Edited by Sra-000

Nooo! Don't say it! Back to the Future is one of my favorite franchises. It's a prime example of a series that should be left alone, but I'm afraid it's also a giant target.

I honestly don't know what to make of the new Ghostbusters. It doesn't quite feel like a normal Hollywood cash grab, since Dan Aakroyd's wanted to do it for years and it has his and Bill Murray's blessing. However, the all-female cast sounds really gimicky. I hope they don't just make an obnoxios comedy. Part of the charm of the original was also the straight-up action. The balance is important.

Trust me, the last thing I want to see is the good name of Back to the Future being tarnished, but to Hollywood, nothing is sacred.

And that last bit has me thinking. Weren't Dan Aakroyd and Bill Murray working on Ghostbusters 3 for years? I know it's been in development hell, but how much did they actually accomplish and why are they just handing it over to someone else so easily?

Could they make this movie suck any worse? Seriously... it's not even the whole female cast thing, because with the right people, it could have been good.... but I had a feeling they'll choose the same actresses from the directors other movies... which to be frank, aren't very funny in my opinion. This movie shouldn't be made plain and simple, Harold Ramis must be floating around somewhere just noping his head off at this. This is the state of hollywood, I can't wait for more remakes with entire female casts...  :unsure:

Emma Stone: Easy A, Super Bad, House Bunny, all I can think of. Melissa McCarthy: Bridesmaids, Hangover 3, and has a new show. Kat is a pretty funny comedian, don't know who chloe is I'll look it up.

Chloe is Hit-Girl on Kickass, or the new Carrie. I think she's one of the coolest actress nowadays, and can balance comedy/action perfectly.

I'm not convinced it's going happen. This has to be like at least the third or even fourth time they've tried to bring the franchise back to the big screen and each time before has disappeared into development hell. With the passing of Harold Ramis I'd rather they respectfully let it go and find something else to pimp out as a cash cow.

I'd like to quote Doug Walker in this, i feel like he's made the most intelligent addition to this discussion i've read so far:

"The idea of a Ghostbusters 3 is stupid, it's always been stupid. It would only result in people bitching about how it's not as good as the original even though they were the ones who demanded it be made to begin with. So honestly, I'm happy they're at least doing something different. There's a lot of funny women out there that can make this a good comedy and Paul Feig is a very funny director. There's much more possibility with a spinoff than a sequel. Here's hoping."

Oh my god. Just...let...it...be! The whole reason this is even being brought up again is because Harold Ramis died recently, RIP. Truth is, Bill Murray took too damn long agreeing to do it because he doesn't like doing sequels. The original cast was ready to do it for years but Murray just refused and sent shredded copies of the script to Akroyd. So now it's too late. And GB3 will be utter garbage because of it. I blame Murray. My two cents.

As much as I agree with you about not making the movie, you really need to see some Emma Stone movies.