Destiny - Over Hyped?

GameAdvocate

I love the game, but Im also aware of it's multiple problems and know it could of been alot better.

However was I dissappointed? Not in the slightest. The crucible is awesome, the raid requires so much team work and is super fun. Cant wait for the DLC raids, sure it sucks that we only got 1 and have to pay extra for the rest.

I consider the hype a good thing. I met so many cool people after I got this game and a huge amount of my old friends got the game so it has been alot of fun for me playing with friends!

• Like 2

I have fun with the game as long as I am playing with friends. That however is not a compliment becasue that pretty mush sums up how I feel about many multiplayer games. I do play most games for single player however, and I was very dissapointed in that regards. I do believe this was the fault of Activision and their DLC plans. Destiny did get boring very quickly though.

I do believe Activision and Bungie promoted the game to be the next huge instalment to the world of gaming, but unfortunately it just doesn't have enough substance at the moment to be just that.
Personally I don't get super hyped over games; I go in not expecting anything, even from games I'm really looking forward to, and then let my experience with the game itself decide what I feel about it. For Destiny, my friends and I downloaded it at midnight and played for hours, and then played it consistently for a few hours every day until I sadly lost contact with them. In all those hours playing, we did numerous story missions, strikes, loot farming, resource collecting, and so much of the PvP in the Crucible, so I was not disappointed with the experience the game provided.

Granted, they could have put a little bit of effort into the story to give meaning to all the different enemies you encounter and the different planets, and actually expand on all the battles that the story alludes to, but if you just want to play it for the experience, then I think it's still a very enjoyable game.

• Like 2

Over Hype is the best way to sell a game... It looked like more than what it was and they marketed it that way.

I for one am not disappointed... I played the Alpha and loved it... i played a tiny bit of the beta but i put it down fast so that i wouldn't get sick of the game before it came out... Im still playing the game as if its new and i have a level 27 (almost level 28), two low level characters, and i feel like i still have plenty to do... I spend a lot of time getting owned in the crucible.

I think the expectation of the gamer is a lot higher because we believe that devs should always give us something bigger and better so some of the over hype was actually from us and media... I am a little more content with the games that i get i guess... and like "giveherthedluffy" said above, i personally don't get supper hyped over games... i was actually not as hyped and didn't think i would stick with it as much as i have but me and millions of others are still enjoying the game.

• Like 3

I never really got hyped about this game, but it seems that the overhype made it sell extremely well. I don't really get all those amazing critic reviews before release then it comes out and gets bad ratings from every independent reviewer.

Edited by SoIidWoIf

Ha! Nope. Not one for me.  I don't buy into hype, therefore, I don't get "disappointed" when a game isn't what I "expected" it to be.  I have enjoyed every aspect of the game except for the removal from immersion due to the grimoire information not being in game.  That's pretty much about it.  I enjoy the hell out of it.  

I don't know about it being over-hyped, I love it. But my expectations weren't that high. I didn't looked into the game much before it's resease. For all I knew it was the child of Borderlands and Halo.

Now I think it's a fun multiplayer shooter. I don't enjoy walking alone through the story mode. The offered single player content is not enough for me to enjoy it as a single player/story based game.

Just as I didn't cared for Halo's single player, but always loved it's multiplayer. 

A game like for example GTA has far more to offer walking through Los Santos alone. Destiny's patrol missions don't have all that. 

As for the multiplayer: it's great. At least IF they release some more content (think of maps and modes). But they said they'd support it for another, what was it, 8 years?

who cares... if you like it... it you like it.. if not oh well.. life moves on..play something else... people act like a game that's not to their standards is the worst thing ever... 

This ^

This gen in particular, it seems that every talked about game coming out ends up with this MASSIVE hype. Rather than accepting the game for what it is, some people think these games are all going to be perfect. People really need to tone down the hype or otherwise this entire gen is going to be one big disappointment to them.

On topic, I feel like I definitely got my money's worth out of the game. Not much meat to it currently, but Destiny was still a fun time that kept me busy until my next game purchase.

advocate, you barely seem to play the games you have.  You do mentioned something about a trophy...I know trophy lists don't tell the whole story of gaming activity, but they do represent a little bit of your style and to what degree you play some games. 

Like others stated I feel your more enthusiastic about your delivery in the video and the video itself than gaming.   Guess you gotta start somewhere.

3/10 review.  Vlogage bumps it to a 7 and with your descriptive examples of aliens and environments, and upon your background check your grade has taken a significant bump to 9/10.

I'm literally laughing out loud here... I just went to your youtube channel.  You're level 11 enthusiasm is just comical at the beginning of your videos.  You should try stand up instead of gaming guides.

Omg the more I look the more I like your style.  I just lost it on your watch dog video...

You asked yourself a question below in the comments then answered, "i'm glad you asked!"   hahahahaha      my eyes are teared up.  Thank you so much for sharing.  I wish I was into youtube

Edited by SilkyJay86