Things you love

effdeegee

This topic was made to balance the "Things you hate" topic. I searched and couldn't find a similar post. It's a shame that both negativity gets so much attention and positivity is so hard to find.

So, what are some things you love?

1. When you're going to go to sleep and you first lay down in your bed after having a shower, put on all clean clothes and have all clean sheets, blankets and pillow cases.

2. A medium glass of perfect-temperature water when you're thirsty.

3. When it's winter and you wake up on your day off and, when you stick your foot out of the blanket, the room is cool but the temperature under the covers is juuust right and it feels like the comfiest, coziest it's ever been and then you realize you don't have to get up.

I love you! 

• My dog.

Video Games

Tattoos

Japanese stuff.

Subway (the restaurant, only place I like eating out at).

Sleep ins (I have learned to really appreciate these after having to get up for work 4 days a week.. and because my dog comes in and sleeps right on top of me near enough, keeps me even more warmer which is nice in this colder weather).

Warm baths after being caught out in a rain shower or having a bad day.

• Like 3

1. Drinking a cup of hot chocolate milk while being covered in blankets when it's snowing outside.
2. Hearing the sound of rain ticking against my window when it's time to fall asleep

3. When someone smiles back when I smile at them :P
4. Energetic music in the club on a friday night, so I can let go of the hard week xD

5.When I look at a photograph and think "Aww ! That / she looks adorable / so cute :)"

6.When a story leaves me stunned / thinking about it for a while

7. Hugs

I'm way to soft, aren't I ? xD

• Like 2

1. Ice cream
  2. A self-made medium rare steak after a long week
  3. A standard breakfast (eggs, toast, sausage, bacon) early in the morning with some coffee
  4. The feeling when you have a cold drink after working out or doing something that makes you tired and thirsty
  5. Having hot cocoa when it's really cold
  6. When you figure out how to make a hard difficulty more bearable in a game
  7. Getting a new game that you anticipated
  8. Watching a show I really like, especially after a rough day
  9. Watching a show after a rough day that plays the theme of things working out in the end
  10. Watching a let's player I really like
  11. Cloudy and moderate rain weather
  12. Orange sunsets and the clouds look orange
  13. When the sky looks purple during a sunset
  14. Popsicles
  15. Snowy weather

Just to name a few.

Talking about things I hate makes me annoyed. My profile has more specific loves, so I'll be vague.

- Being a writer, because I always have something to think about or ponder when I'm alone at work or waiting to fall asleep.

- Ancient civilizations. Egypt is my favorite.

- Old-time fashions before the 1900s. 'Specially the 1800s, those gowns were gorgeous.

- Mummies. 8D Also the French Catacombs. Actually, I have a fascination with anything dead.

- The poem in the movie Dead Silence. "Beware the stare of Mary Shaw. She had no children, only dolls. And if you see her in your dreams, be sure you never ever scream, or she'll rip your tongue out by the seams."

- Decorating my Animal Crossing Town. I can't believe I never discovered QR codes until now...

• Like 3

Video games, which is a given. Horror movies, Zombies... in every medium, Classic Rock, pepperoni pizza, chinese food, tacos, supernatural stuffs... like movies, books, video games, tv shows.... God of War... another given, The smell of burning wood in the summer time and fall.... about all I can think of so far. 

• Like 1

Not including friends, family and loved ones:

1.) Starting a new TV show I've been looking forward to.

I never watch shows as they air. Always wait until the season is over then watch all the episode in one go (more or less.)

2.) Finding a hard to find vintage game in good condition and at a bargain price.

You won't believe what I've found at garage sales. Funny thing is, I never play them, just like buying them.

3.) VACATION! VACATION! VACATION!

Sorry, I just love being off work. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I love my free time more.

4.) Dogs

Love 'em, all of 'em. Cats are cool too, but that's more respect thing than love.

• Role-playing games
  • Rhythm games
  • Visual Novels
  • Anime and manga
  • Importing and collecting Japanese limited editions
  • Convention-going and cosplaying
  • Video game OSTs
  • Poetry
  • Descriptive writing
  • Books and reading
  • Learning languages and their history
  • My Japanese merchandise collection :)

Oh, and if it's not clear already, family and closest friends are an obvious given.  :)

Edited by Yuzuki Yukari
  • Like 2