Post Pictures Of Your Dream Car

ScreechingOwl

http://onscreencars....1/the-homer.jpg

I wont spam the thread with the actual picture, but as Owl and I were just discussing it, you cant have this thread, without this dream motor!

In reality though, I've always loved American muscle cars, there is something about them...

In particular a '67 Impala SS. for all I know, it may actually drive like a piece of shit, but I'd still love it more than a red headed stepchild.

• Like 1

Cerbera_Speed_12.jpg

car_photo_356932_25.jpg

speed_12.jpg

This is the only Speed 12 left in the world, I think there were 4 used in racing and this one specially built to order. The racing versions/prototypes were broken down to rebuild this one. It sold for around £155k on ebay years ago.

In an interview then-owner Peter Wheeler, said that TVR had tried to record the car's power on an engine dyno. The dyno was rated at 1,000 bhp (750 kW) but the test resulted in its input shaft being broken. To get an approximate figure TVR engineers tested each bank individually; the result was 480 bhp (360 kW) per bank, suggesting a total rating of 960 bhp (720 kW). Wheeler, no newcomer to high performance cars and an experienced racer in the TVR Tuscan Challenge, drove one of the finished prototypes home and concluded that the car was unusable on the road, in his opinion simply too powerful.

The deposits were returned when the production plans were cancelled. The remaining prototypes were carted around to various car shows and one by one they were dismantled and used as spares for the Speed 12 race cars still competing in the British GT championship. The life of the Speed 12 was however, not yet over. In August 2003 TVR placed an advert in Auto Trader for a TVR Cerbera Speed 12 registered W112 BHG. What TVR planned to do was to rebuild one of the prototypes and sell it on to an enthusiast. Buying the car was not a simple process however, and involved being personally met and vetted by Peter Wheeler himself to make sure the buyer was a suitable candidate for purchasing the car. Eventually, the deal was completed and the Speed 12 was rebuilt and handed over to its new owner. Since the original bodywork had been destroyed, TVR had to use a remaining shell from one of the GT racers, which proved a positive point as with the increased downforce the car would be even faster round a track than before. On top of that TVR did some more work on the engine and the ECU. The car featured in the May 2005 edition of Evo Magazine in which it was described as "awesome" and "terrifyingly quick"

Edit: found a big gallery of TVR stuff with pics of this car being built:

http://stipistop.com/blog/2010/09/13/kepek-a-tvr-gyarbol-elso-resz/

http://stipistop.com/blog/2010/09/14/kepek-a-tvr-gyarbol-masodik-resz/

Personally, I'd love to have a fleet of 1st Gen Dodge trucks with the Cummins Turbo Diesel engine. I'd have two of each year, one a W350 with dual rear wheels and one a W250 with single rear wheels.

Here is my first love. Bought her from the original owner years and years ago. She was my first vehicle and is still to this day my daily driver. She's a 1991 Dodge Ram D350, with a 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel engine. That right there is my dream truck, I spent over 3 years looking for a nice, rust free truck in Kentucky, and trust me it's very hard. This picture was taken on our farm so my truck was really dirty.

Truck3.jpg

I wouldn't mind having another one of these either. 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle.

AKO2005_0711_130236AA.jpg

If I were to get a muscle car it would have to be either a '69 Dodge Charger Daytona or a Plymouth Superbird. Those were the days when NASCAR was really somehing to watch.

1969-dodge-charger-daytona.jpg

This is one of the few Mercedes' I'd actally want to own. Mercedes Benz 190E Evo II.

Mercedes_190E_Evolution_II.jpg

I'll stop there, but I could post hundreds of cars I'd love to get my hands on. I've got my eye on an 1949 Dodge Power Wagon, and if the price is right I may buy it and swap a Cummins Turbo Diesel under the hood and have a neat truck.

Parker

Time Machine optional...
its only cool if it comes with a Flux Capacitor

As much as I would love a perfect replica of the Back to the Future Delorean, I don't have the know-how to customize everything. I think realistically though I could get a decent shape Delorean for 30,000. I still like the gull wing doors. It probably sucks for tight parking spots though haha.

As much as I would love a perfect replica of the Back to the Future Delorean, I don't have the know-how to customize everything. I think realistically though I could get a decent shape Delorean for 30,000. I still like the gull wing doors. It probably sucks for tight parking spots though haha.

I remember as a kid seeing rows and rows of those silver cars sitting outside the factory. They were every childs dream car, silver with gull wings. shame they were lacking in power and handling but they looked so good to the 8 year old I was.

• Like 1

I remember as a kid seeing rows and rows of those silver cars sitting outside the factory. They were every childs dream car, silver with gull wings. shame they were lacking in power and handling but they looked so good to the 8 year old I was.

wow, thats a lucky draw... less than 10,000 were made between 1981 and 1982... Final assembly was in Huston Texas... talk about being in the right place at the right time, lol

here is a gold plated time machine... YAY!!!

Gold-D.jpg

• Like 1

Actually, you can buy a BRAND NEW Delorean for $30,000. When the company shut down they still had a massive supply of parts whcih was sold to a company in Texas. So you can go and contact the company right now and for $30,000 they will build you a brand new Delorean. The only thing that is different is the engine I believe, because the original Delorean engine is awful. Underpowered and riddled with electrical grimlins.

One of my good friends owns a shop here in town and he owns a Delorean now. The original owner used to take it to him for all the mantainence but when all the electrical problems started he decided to sell it to my buddy for real cheap instead of paying thousands of dollars to fix it. Needless to say I've driven it quite a few miles and my god are they slow. You get quite a few looks and thumbs up when you're driving but the originals at least really are terrible to drive. It'd still be a cool car to have, just to say you have it.

Parker

• Like 1