Game with the WORST Controls on PS Vita ?

markcavan

Though I appreciated what they were doing and liked the game I have to say... Gravity Rush. 

I like to sit back and relax while I play a game, usually in bed if it's on Vita, and with those controls there was no leaning back.  Don't even get me started on the time challenges.

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of gyro controls generally so gravity rush was a pain at first, apart from sliding I'm used to the controls now though.

For me the only annoying VITA specific moment I've had was Uncharted when you have to shine a light at the camera to show the hidden details on a map - annoying cause I often play at night in bed so I had to get off my ass to hold my VITA up to my light.

What a chore  :awesome:

• Like 4

I'm gonna second the comment about Gravity Rush having the worst controls.  Wait, make that "third" it.  How annoying CAN you get?  And the time challenges can kiss my ass now that I've finally beaten them and gotten my Plat.

Tearaway has the "light source" problem with all the instances where it requires you to be lit up to show the "You" in the sun, or other such places.  I play in the dark a lot, and that would just give me a black patch where my face was supposed to be.

I thought that Dustforce had awful controls, until I learned how to play.  They're just unforgiving of ANY mistake.

And finally, Escape Plan, or any other game where you have to accurately use the back touch pad, is simply an exercise in futility.

Alien Breed: it just doesn't work on the Vita, the PS3 version is at least more playable, albeit still with clunky as hell controls.

Earth Defence Force 2017 Portable: The basic controls are just atrocious, who in the hell thought aiming (moving the camera) with the touchscreen in a 3rd person shooter was a good idea? The advanced controls are a lot easier to use (As little sense as that may be).

Edited by Blanc
  • Like 1

Anything to do with the rear touch pad or light sources.  Like those stupid timed rear touch pad puzzles in Dynasty Warriors next and that part in Uncharted Golden Abyss where you had to shine a light on some letter or something.  I swear, that took me way longer than actual normal chapters.  I haven't played much of Liberation, but now I want to even less on Vita, because of the light source stuff.

Though I appreciated what they were doing and liked the game I have to say... Gravity Rush. 

I like to sit back and relax while I play a game, usually in bed if it's on Vita, and with those controls there was no leaning back.  Don't even get me started on the time challenges.

This ^^ Could never chill out whilst playing Gravity Rush, even though it was a really nice game and pretty fun, not sure I'll ever complete it unless they bring out support for the PlaystationTV and I can use a controller without having to wave it about everywhere.