What did you GIVE for Chirstmas?

Shinobi-Versus

For my mother a tray of six different tiny cake molds and a cactus-scented candle. 

Bottle of booze to my mother's boyfriend's son.

Star Wars plush, Jessica Rabbit Pop figure, and a surprise Guardians of the Galaxy bag that turned out to be a bobble-head Rocket for my brother.

Box of chocolate covered coconut balls for my grandmother.

Gift card for a grocery store for my other grandmother.

Not sure I want to include the cables to my mother's boyfriend since she bought them and picked them out.

Money was tight, so that was all.

Edited by HoshiLockhart

Bought my mother a new television (the 32" in her living room was uncomfortably small for the size of the room, something had to be done).  Worked out pretty well because they opted to give the 32" to the grandparents who recently had their television break on them.

Bought my father a gift certificate for two Swedish massages at the gym he (we) goes to, and an MP3 player with a dozen or so songs that I loaded on for him... also to improve his gym-going experience.

Me and my brother don't really do the gift thing (since we found we were basically just swapping cash).  However, I snuck onto his PSN account and pre-ordered Dragon Age Inquisition for him a few months back.  I consider that his Christmas/birthday gift. ;)

Everyone else got gift cards and cash. xD

Edited by Dreakon13

Our family doesn't do Christmas. Today was just like yesterday, but except every shop is closed, so we're stuck at home.

But I should mention that I bought a $70 lamp for my sister and a BlackBerry Z30 for my father and they were yelling at me, my sister telling me she didn't need that crap and my father told me he preferred his old iPhone 4, even if he keeps on moaning every fuckin' day about wanting a new phone. Should have bought him an iPhone 6 Plus, gee.

• Like 1

My Mother Dearest I got a beautiful necklace that put me in a bit of a eh.

My Girlfriend I insured her car and also got it serviced for her, but I also bought her a locket

My Nan & Pop some lovely little ornaments to put around the house and also a picture of me and my girlfriend in a nice frame

To say the least this christmas was pretty expensive for me, but I am now doing full time work 7 days a week so they get a little bit of a nice bonus themselves :)

I got my older brother a change jar that counts the amount of change you put in the jar for you.

I got my younger brother a Seahawks t-shirt and a silverware drawer (he's recently moved out on his own and wanted basic stuff for his apartment)

I got my sister-in-law some wine.

I got my niece a little backpack.

I got my mother a George Foreman grill

And I got my step-dad a calender.

I can't even remember some of the stuff I got.. but the presents I did put a lot of thought over were my moms and sisters. lol

Got my mom perfume (can't even remember what kind.. she liked it though, was one of her favorites), jewellery, some body wash/lotion she really likes.

Got my sisters t-shirts, some body wash, shampoo and conditioner from a brand they've liked, printed gloves.  I think I got them something else as well but eh can't remember xD

Everyone else got gift sets and so on.

I suck in giving gifts... seriously... therefore:

-My folks - cash >_<

-Office Mates - thanks to constant pestering/insisting... Fraps from Starbucks, well silver lining is I got 2015 planner T_T

-Godchildren - went to a toy store 30 mins before closing, therefore did some brainstorming/adrenaline rush then bought the first things I could see that is suitable for their age...

-Myself - a pat in the back and lots of brownies and chocolate crinkles... ^_^

A stupid amount of shit...

xmas-2014-boxed.jpg

xmas-2014.jpg

All manner of girly stuff for the three girls including Frozen, Barbie, Dinosaur Train, Lego, Peppa Pig and dress-up crap. Scooter + helmet for the oldest.

Remote-control car, Mario slot-racing track, Roboraptor, Transformers, Lego, Meccano, a Kano computer and other 'build your own' kits for the boy.

Tonnes of craft stuff and books for all.

Kitchen stuff and a new microwave for the better half.

Gaming-related: Disney Infinity 1 & 2 + all characters for both series, as well as 30 or 40 Swap Force and Trap Team characters that hadn't been handed out through the year to clear cupboard space. A PSTV and White PS4 controller to stream games to the new 70" Bravia. Pokemon Sapphire on 3DS and a tonne of digital PS3 and PS4 games throughout the end-of-year sales to play with the kids. CoD Advanced Warfare for the father-in-law.

Christmas time is just nuts and is book-ended by two kids birthdays on the Dec 15th and 28th. I remember when all I had to play with was a hoop and a stick. Hoop and a stick.

I'm off to buy a new mower...first-world problems.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 2

I bought a moose "plushie" for my mom, a Grandma's Kitchen plaque/sign for my grandma, and a funny Christmas coffee thermos for the other aunt.

Times like this I really wish I had a job or was on social security, to help out my family more.