Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Announced (PS4)

skateak

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Bundles Borderlands 2 And The Pre-Sequel For PS4 And Xbox One

The original game is sitting this one out, but on the upside, four player splitscreen on a single HDTV.

2KGames have revealed Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, exclusive to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

This bundles in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, as well as all the add-on content, remastered from the ground up for both consoles. 2K promises they have built up the best high fidelity graphics and best performance for these games on these consoles. Of course, the original game had a sore lack of the Handsome one, so he didn’t make it in this one.

If that’s not enough, you will also finally be able to play four player split screen on a single HD TV. 2K Games has yet to share a release date.

borderlands-the-handsome-collection-anno

Haha. The author says 2K hasn't shared a release date but it is at the end of the trailer. March 27, 2015.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 2

Only games I'm interested in. I actually hated the first game with such a passion, it was just so boring! I couldn't get into it, yet, I highly somewhat enjoyed the second game. And I wasn't interested in the Pre-sequel, but now that it's being added to this collection, then I might as well try it out. I'm currently trying to 100% complete Borderlands 2, and might take me and my friend awhile to complete, so maybe we cold cross-save our progress from the PS3 onto the PS4

• Like 1

Handsome Jack wasn't in the first game. This is his story told in a collection.

Yeah but I think calling it the Handsome Jack collection just to omit the first game is kinda of a cop out. Anyways, it'll be nice to play these games without texture and slow down issues. Didn't play Pre-sequel but i heard the story was decent enough. 

..... haha, just like the Dragon Ball Z Budokai Collection, one of the original games in this trilogy won't be making it. It's pretty sad though, because even though the first game was lacking in a depth story, it shined in other fields and is very nostalgic. This is still pretty cool though, especially the Pre-sequel, a game made in the last gen's last life cycle (like The Last of Us), is coming to now gen.

• Like 1

I know this is a collection revolving around Handsome Jack, but omitting the first game means this'll be a definite pass for me. Was really looking forward to a port / remaster of the first game so I could play through it online with someone seeing as the servers for the original are down now.

The first game is an awful mess in comparison to the following games. It doesn't have any stake in the story due to it's lack thereof. Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable. But you really aren't gaining anything by having that mess in the collection.

If it is based purely on trophy hunting, then I can see peoples points. But if it is based on having the complete experience, then the reality is - Borderlands 2 + DLC and Borderlands Pre-Sequel is the experience.

• Like 1

Most clumsily put together 'remaster' I've seen so far.

- No Borderlands 1 because Handsome Jack isn't in it

- Probably no DLC included for the Pre-Sequel

- Nothing is probably changed graphics wise, except 1080p and maybe 60fps.

I've started Borderlands 1 + 2 on PS3, and I may get the pre-sequel on PS4 if it is sold separately, but this is a sorry excuse for a remaster and is a cheap 'upgrade' for quick bucks. 

• Like 2

Most clumsily put together 'remaster' I've seen so far.

- No Borderlands 1 because Handsome Jack isn't in it

- Probably no DLC included for the Pre-Sequel

- Nothing is probably changed graphics wise, except 1080p and maybe 60fps.

I've started Borderlands 1 + 2 on PS3, and I may get the pre-sequel on PS4 if it is sold separately, but this is a sorry excuse for a remaster and is a cheap 'upgrade' for quick bucks. 

I'm pretty sure this remaster includes the season pass for the pre-sequel, so I think you get all the dlc that's been introduced so far and all the upcoming dlc that's included in the season pass 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/20/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-hits-ps4-on-march-24th/

Everyone I know goes/went like this:

Borderlands HD Collection: Oh yeah! Love it! Can't wait!

Every other HD Collection: Wow, another cash grab. Screw next-gen and all these developers.

I am actually a fan of most HD collections of games that are not currently of this generation.