(Poll) Which decade do you wish to have been born?

Xxleonardo97xX

Decades  

80 members have voted

1. 1. The one you wished

Basically I'd like to know you guys opinions.

Are you satisfied for being born in your decade/year or would you prefer to have born in other decade like the 70's/80's?

You're not obliged but would be cool to know your reasons :)

Personally I would love to have been born in the 70's, so I could live the 80's and 90's to watch some of my favourite artists live also I love 70's and 80's cars  B) Also to watch The Godfather movies in the cinema :P

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

I was born in the 90s.. but it would've been better to be born in the 2000's just because it's even more recent and everything has got better in recent times.

I know people get all nostalgic about 70's music and shit but living in the 70's was absolute shit compared to today.

Less accepting of different religions, sexuality and race. Worse healthcare, shitty video game consoles in comparison to today.

No downloading music, no music on the fly, so if you did like something you'd have to wait for it come on the radio and record it on a tape.

No google lol.. if you want something answered you have to go to a damn library. 

No internet. Most of things you enjoy and take for granted today.. did not exist in the 70s.. 

"Teenagers who say I was born in the wrong generation" make me laugh.. if they were sent back in time they would fucking hate it haha.  

Everything was worse, healthcare, socially and technology wise.. fucking garbage lol.  

I was born in the 90s.. but it would've been better to be born in the 2000's just because it's even more recent and everything has got better in recent times.

I know people get all nostalgic about 70's music and shit but living in the 70's was absolute shit compared to today.

Less accepting of different religions, sexuality and race. Worse healthcare, shitty video game consoles in comparison to today.

No downloading music, no music on the fly, so if you did like something you'd have to wait for it come on the radio and record it on a tape.

No google lol.. if you want something answered you have to go to a damn library. 

No internet. Most of things you enjoy and take for granted today.. did not exist in the 70s.. 

"Teenagers who say I was born in the wrong generation" make me laugh.. if they were sent back in time they would fucking hate it haha.  

Everything was worse, healthcare, socially and technology wise.. fucking garbage lol.  

In a few years you'll look back and say the same thing about nowadays.

This decisions are just made based on things you would like to have experienced in their time.

Im fine with 1990. ^_^

Im too young to be a "back in my time everything was better!"-whiner and probably I am never going to be that...

Im too old to be smartphone-zombie who thinks he/she would die without WhatsApp and Facebook.

Im too old to be a graphicswhore (seriously, pcmasterrace is a bunch of retarded childrens), because I had PS1, MS-DOS and Gameboy, so Im fine without 1080p and superduperzomgolololol-AAA-graphics.

Im too young to stop playing, maybe I never would stop it, because in my opinion Games are way more like Art than movies ever would be. And even better than books, if you are not able to render the setting in your mind, because complexity, new genres, things you are simply unable to imagine etc. The only problem is the society. Like my mom eg, who thinks I become pedophil when Im looking at BFRs avatar and stuff.

I dont need a car, because cities today have good publictransportation.

I dont must go outside when I dont want it - actually there are people who doenst like it to be with other people - because I can do nearly everything over the internet.

I can buy theoretically everything, even if nobody in my country would sell it because im different, because internet.

I dont must fear a shortage of food.

Theoretically I dont must fear war, because the big players have nuclearweapons so everything is going more or less peacefull, because nobody wants to risc an nuclear strike, right?

etc...

Im fine. If I could choose other birthparameteres, I would change my country of birth. ... To Japan of course ^_^ Maybe I would troll Plue, my awesome buddy <3 and would choose his goddess as my mom, for the lulz.

But Canada or USA would be acceptable too, I mean, if Japan sinks into the sea because they are way too many on this little piece of land... or the fact that Im a loner and there are way too much people anyway...

And 90% of my communication is in english because I have at my location nobody I can talk to anyway, so if english (I would prefer US-english, no shit) would be my mothertongue, it would be pretty helpfull too... o_o

hmm...

• Like 2

Conceived in Reagan, born in Bush. Wouldn't have it any other way. I'm glad I can (barely) claim the 80s.

Historically the 60s would have been a vibrant time to live in because of the social change.

The world has accelerated so much in the last 150 years. It's boggling to think about.

Vagantem, I've been sitting here thinking how to respond to your post but... words fail me to explain how much I disagree with you. So simply: your statement makes me sad.

• Like 4

I was born in 1998, but would rather have been born in 1992-95. I just feel it would have been cooler to be alive in America during the 90s when the economy was good and nothing too bad had happened yet with terrorism. Plus I could have better appreciated the PS1 and would be 20-23 by now and in college.

• Like 1

When I was a very young child, I had the Atari 2600. However the Famicom had already been released, here in Australia things where very backwards back then. In short, I hated the 1980's and 90's. So I'm an 80's child that would like to have need born in the 90's.

For the most part I don't mind being born in 1988 mostly because of Video Games, Pokémon and MLPFIM. 

Although I wouldn't mind have been born earlier like 1300s or in the B.C. era and see what life was like around then.

or be born further into the future like 2100s or later( mostly to see how far technology would be then assuming we haven't destroyed ourselves before then that is).

I was born in the 80s, but I do see why people love to reminisce about the decades past. All that technology you talk about has made a lot of things nicer, easier, prettier, but at the same time it made things scarier and detached.

I'm a fanatic gamer and love new technology, but there's something about the 40s-70s that interests me (love the atmosphere in games like Maffia 2 for example). Sure, games look real-life-realistic but can you still just leave your door open all day in the summer time, just to have random neighbours stepping in to have coffee and talk? Does every adult still watch out for someone else's kids that are playing outside? Do people even know their neighbours? Nowadays, everyone that shows any form of interest in others is branded a creepy molester.

Social media is far from social, no one talks to people on the bus anymore, everyone is too busy updating their profiles on whatever app is the latest trend. Internet has given us immediate access to everything in the world. And I think it's the reason why everyone is so mistrusting and careless for everyone else except their immediate circle, we hear way too many creepy things on the internet than is good for us.

I love being born in the 80s and I've enjoyed a lot of it (great cartoons, great games) but if I had to pick any other decade, I'd pick 50s, so I could grow up in the 60s and 70s.