Have you ever restarted and created a new profile?

lysyk13

Yes, twice.

I just didn't like the names, so put a bit more thought into this one. The previous accounts didn't have many plats on them and they were games I won't mind playing again.

I also like that 'fresh' feeling of a new profile but I doubt I'll be starting again as it'll just be a waste of my time.

I've found from playing games like Animal Crossing though, if something bugs you, it will bug you more and more until you change it.

• 1 year later...

I created several accounts over the years I usually get bored of my name and move on but with moving around a lot I cant plat certain games anymore games like mag, resistance 2 and midnight club la. My only regret with changing so many names is not being able to plat mag that was one of my favorite games wish the online was still around today.

I wont ever go back to those accounts going to stick with this one I spent a good chunk of time platting some games on this account games like star ocean, mortal kombat well you get the idea :p.

Edited by Mizztec
  • Like 1

I did once. I had an old account which had 4 platinums (FFXIII, XIII-2, Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces), but it was EU region and I wanted to change both the region and user name as I picked a pretty rubbish one. Also, my brother ruined my % and games list as I had it on auto login and he played a bunch of his FPAs and Fifa games on it, so having a bunch of 0% games that I don't even like bothered me whenever I opened my trophy list. The EU store is also not great. I only had four plats anyway, so I started this Japan region account (as I play games in Japanese mostly as I was studying the language and liked the variety on their store more) and just got the plats for the two tales games again. I did it a lot quicker as I skipped scenes and had the whole road map and everything in my head and personally loved those four games anyway, so I enjoyed playing them again.

I got the plats in three XIII series only this year though, going backwards as XIII was the hardest and longest, and it was nice to refresh the story since it's been around 7 years since then. 

Now I have a pin on my account on my ps4 so my brother doesn't ruin it again, but I would never start another account from this one has I put a lot of time and effort into getting the plats for all those Tales and FF games which took really long. I do have a number of games that I will never bother to platinum like Disgaea 4 and Tales of Symphonia, but because those are games I like, it doesn't bother me to have them on my list unlike something like Fifa (no offence to Fifa lovers out there)

I had a PS2 years ago and I got PS3 when it first came out. My PS3 got stolen and I never bothered replacing it. This was before trophies. Last year I bought a PS4 to get back into gaming again and played bits of games, some I didn't enjoy. When I came across this site and seen my 1% I decided to make a new profile and I platinumed games I had already done again. Now I won't change this profile again because I'm putting a lot of effort to do the best I can before giving a game up and moving to next one.

So if you do make a new one stick with the new one don't decide every year or two that you want another new one. That's OCD for ya and I know all about it! ? Good luck with your new profile!

Nope. Never plan to. Don't want to lose all that progress I've made so far. I want it all, deleted and unfinished games along with the 100%'s. It's a history of where I've been and what I've done. I'd rather show that off than only picking games I know I can complete.

Yep, restarted over last June with my Mesopithecus account.  Mainly for the region change though as I'd been living in the USA for over 12 months and I wanted to play a load of Vita games from the flash sales.  Focusing on my favorite genre more on my new account (RPG's)  I did have nearly 100 platinums on my old account, including 100% completions for Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 (which were a grind) so it was tough to leave that account behind...but eh, I still had fun playing those games.

Edited by Rach

Yeah, this is actually my 3rd main account. I'm actually contemplating creating a new account though, but not 100% sure. Reason why is I want to maintain an 100% completion rate, make some platinum times faster from games I did on this account previously, go for top 50 fastest times for new games that I'd like to do on the new account, come up with an interesting name, and so on. We'll see if that does happen.

Edited by Stuart Pot

This is my 2nd account. My old one had numbers based on something that could become out-of-date, so I wanted one that would last. Losing all that progress was a pain, and it's been a long way back. It's taken me 4 years to recover the ground I lost with trophies. There are even some Plats I can't replicate due to closed servers, and they are games I really liked and would want them to show off. It was nice to beat my old times when replicating the old games, but it wasn't such a thrill that I'd recommend making a new account for.

Make sure the reason you change, if you do, is the right one. I don't regret my change as my name was dated and had been made in haste (with a lack of imagination), and my new one suits me much better.

If you want to be a completionist like I am, sure, go ahead. Just be aware of a few things:

(1) If you have a Vita and want to earn trophies on it, you'll have to unlink your Vita from the old profile and go through the whole formatting profit to link it to the new account, which IMHO is a right pain.

(2) If you want to redo the games you got platinums on, be sure you won't mind replaying through EVERYTHING. I love inFAMOUS Second Sonfor its story, characters and collectibles, but MY GAWD I am NEVER doing that game again as I hate having to go through the game being evil.

This is my fifth, and hopefully last, PSN account. I would probably ostracized from the forums if I created another, and my gawd I am never replaying some games a fourth time.

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1

Nope, never. I almost created an other account once because my current username annoys me, but I tell myself that it's only a username and if Sony ever add a "change username" ability in the years to come, I'd be mad because I would've wasted time earning trophies I've already unlocked with my previous account.

Up until a couple of months ago I would have never created a new profile... HOWEVER, the PSN network banned my original account (about 7500 trophies and 130 plats) for being hacked and returning money from my PSN wallet to my PayPal. Evidently, if you ever take money out of your wallet and put it back into your bank account they view that as an unauthorized transaction, and they freeze your account on the spot. Got the runaround from them and after several hours on the phone with support I decided to cut my losses and start anew.

So, yes I did start a new account, but only because I was forced to!

I created a new account after 3+ years (previously WidthOfACircle).  The main reasons I did so are:

• I was not finishing games, instead jumping around to try the latest releases and keep earning trophies.  Starting over helped me focus on a few games at a time (for now three games) and get out of the trophy chasing mentality.
  • I was playing a lot of games out of obligation whether it was DLC or additional trophies for games that I really didn't care to play anymore:  Rocket League, Gems of War, No Man's Sky, etc.
  • I've built up a backlog of games, many of which I really have no interest in playing.  Buying games on sale became as much fun as playing them.  Starting over helped me wipe the slate so to speak and whittle my backlog down to the games I am really excited to play while not making as many new purchases.

I could have done all of these things with my old account by practicing some self-restraint, but restarting also gave me the bonus of cleansing my profile from a lot of the lesser games that I had abandoned or looked back on and realized I played in large part, although not entirely, for trophies.  Having a profile that is more in line with the games I truly enjoy helps ease the loss of the original account.

Yes, too many times. I always get bored with the names and want a fresh start.

I like this name now though, I've spent too much on PSN and there are some games I would never want to plat again on here. Looking at you Lego Jurassic World..

I knew from the start that I'd never be any good at trophy hunting so I wouldn't restart, regardless of how bad my profile gets. Besides, I like the the ID I came with up with so I figure I'm not due another good idea for around another eight years :awesome: