Do you hide trophies?

EpicNogg4

535 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hide trophies?

• Yes
    • No

No, i personally think there is no point. I don't see anything wrong with it though, i believe hiding trophies was aimed to be like a privacy thing, but it seems most people don't hide trophies for that reason.

I do since yesterday.

Bought a used Vita that apparently still had game data on it so I now have a few games on my trophy list I'll never play like Fifa. :rolleyes: I should have checked that before.

Out of, I don't know, 10 games or something that have been added to my list I'll probably only play 3 or 4 of them like Uncharted and Gravity Rush. I'll 'unhide' the lists when I'm playing the games but as of now.. nope.

The trophies that were earned aren't 'mine' after all so it feels kind of wrong to add them to my stats.

Beside that I don't hide trophies.

• Like 1

I got intoxicated and started Uncharted 3 multiplayer with my friend even though I have no plans on ever playing that game. In the process I unlocked 2 trophies which I currently have hidden. Those are the only ones I have hidden and I don't plan on hiding anything else.

I don't hide any .. doesn't matter if u don't have everything .. I no a few people who hide there games like hannah Montana .. I play some shit games as well after plating a game that takes like 80 hours odd like borderlands 2 just for a chill but If people see them, who cares.

Edited by Pati3nt_Z3r0_L91

i hide all games that i've completed, so that everyone who's viewing my profile can see what i still need trophywise. there's no need to show what i've done already. that way keeps my profile site as small as possible, resulting in shorter loading times. it makes the search for possible boosting partners alot easier, cause i don't want to waste time on games i've finished already. if a game doesn't show up on my profile site, i don't get boosting requests for that particular game, saving me lots of time, cause i don't need to answer the request ;)

Edited by JFthebestJan
  • Like 1

i hide all games that i've completed, so that everyone who's viewing my profile can see what i still need trophywise. there's no need to show what i've done already. that way keeps my profile site as small as possible, resulting in shorter loading times. it makes the search for possible boosting partners alot easier, cause i don't want to waste time on games i've finished already. if a game doesn't show up on my profile site, i don't get boosting requests for that particular game, saving me lots of time, cause i don't need to answer the request ;)

Well, that's certainly another way to look at it.

But this post is pretty valuable, because it goes to show there are many reasons for wanting to hide trophies. Most people in the site are okay with it, but some are pretty judgmental and just assume you hide them to improve your completion rate - and fail to realize that that may be the furthest thing in our mind. Because just like JFthebestJan, many people just want to have a cleaner, more organized profile.

I did hide a few games that I didn't like and regret starting to play and mostly got via PS+... It mostly to have them away from my list of games then hiding the low percentage (1-5%).

I rather remove them completely but Sony doesn't let us do that sadly.

Not had this long enough to worry about games I load and end up hating..but they will be part of my account success and failures all included. So nope I won't be hiding anything. I collect for myself and am not concerned how others would rate my collection. Besides they will form part of my gaming history.

Likewise I don;t care if people hide them, it's their account

Edited by Anturak

• 5 years later...

I don't hide stuff, where possible though I like to get as higher percent as possible, at the very least knocking out the common and uncommons.

Only ever deleted two trophy lists of 0%

One was The Last of Us on PS3 which I hated.

The other was 100 yen gomibako, a Japanese game which wouldn't run on a non Japanese account but sadly installed it's trophies upon you, giving you a 100% impossible trophy list (the actual game is quite easy too...)