• Super Weekend Mode
  • Midnight Deluxe
  • Metagal
  • Zeroptian Invasion
  • Inksplosion
  • Daggerhood
  • Jack N'Jill DX
  • Slyde

When I discovered the trophy system one year ago, I quickly jump on those Ratalaika games for easy platinum and fast level-up, saying to myself "haha I'll be at level X so easily and I'll improve my ranking on the leaderboard!". Then, I realized that was a stupid move to artificially boost my ego over other profiles, so I hid them to have a more accurate profile.

Finally, I changed my mind again. I realized that my profile, or should I said, a profile, is only personal and the large majority of people doesn't care about your ranking, how many platinum do you have and so on. Plus, I consider that a profile should be representative of what you were/are at a given time. For me, when I discovered the hunting community, I was a "hungry" hunter who only saw platinum and PSN points, not enjoyment. Now, I don't care and I accept that those games are here to stay.

Edited by walafc0
Typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, walafc0 said:

I used to hide 106 trophies from the following games:

• Super Weekend Mode
  • Midnight Deluxe
  • Metagal
  • Zeroptian Invasion
  • Inksplosion
  • Daggerhood
  • Jack N'Jill DX
  • Slyde

When I discovered the trophy system on year ago, I quickly jump on those Ratalaika games for easy platinum and fast level-up, saying to myself "haha I'll be at level X so easily and I'll improve my ranking on the leaderboard!". Then, I realized that was a stupid move to artificially boost my ego over other profiles, so I hid them to have a more accurate profile.

Finally, I changed my mind again. I realized that my profile, or should I said, a profile, is only personal and the large majority of people doesn't care about your ranking, how many platinum do you have and so on. Plus, I consider that a profile should be representative of what you were/are at a given time. For me, when I discovered the hunting community, I was a "hungry" hunter for only saw platinum and PSN points, not enjoyment. Now, I don't care and I accept that those games are here to stay.

Well said man.

We are all on or own personal trophy hunting journey, and we shouldn’t strive to appease anyone nor should we compare or compete with anyone another then ourselves.

This is why I personally do not agree with hiding games, starting new accounts or pay to platinum(games you legit pay money to just rise your rank)

But like life it’s all about growing, and as gamers one could say our profiles show this growth.

Just a thought.

• Like 2

I've hidden a lot of games that i haven't played personally. Some platinums have been hidden to. I use the feature to keep a collection of games I've played, so if there was ever an update for one it would tend to reflect the trophy list. I've recently done this with No Mans Sky, i went back into the game after being platinumed and discovered an entirely different game from the one i started. 

Its unfortunate i have to use this site to identify my played games, i would like it if the feature hid your games from you on your own profile via the console. 

A few ones i am unable to obtain 100 percent are left there. 

• Like 1

I have nearly 1000 hidden, mainly due to me "not being into" stacks. Think Uncharted remasters, Bioshock remasters, TLOU remasters, Control vs Control UE on PS5...

Think I'll also hide ME 2 & 3 I have platinumed and 100% the entire trilogy once Legendary edition drops.

Also I might have interest and try a game I won't like and drop it and It just annoys me being there on the list with 2% and 2 hours of playtime but I will never limit myself from playing/trying games with parts or difficulties I have no interest just because of the plat. I enjoyed TLOU, RDR2 and COD: CW but I have no interest in the MP of any of them but it's a decent 50% so I keep it there.

In the end it's a neat feature to clean up your list, certainly nothing to judge people on

• Like 3

I only did that once, and that's when I was working on my 100th platinum (or rather a game that was supposed to be the one), to keep it as a secret. Might be a stupid reason, but whatever. Other than that, I don't really hide them without a good reason.

Edited by MrGarland

I will never hide trophies I have earned. Everybody needs to know that I only managed to complete the first mission of GTA4 before quitting because I hated it so much.

But I DID hide a couple of games that I earned 0 trophies in. I don't like seeing the big red F on my profile. I have PTSD from school.

Nah, I like to keep my stats as accurate as possible. If I start a game that becomes impossible to 100% oh well.

About others hiding trophies, that’s totally up to them and I understand their reasons for doing so. From a friendly competitive point of view, I do like knowing if someone has hidden trophies for when I compare my profile to theirs. But of course, we have people who go overboard and are extremely rude and toxic about it when it’s not that big of a deal.

• Like 1

I am hiding two games and those are NBA 2K19 and PES 2018. Reason is very simple - they are at the bottom of my list and were registered way before I have started trophy hunting.

I will go back and try to complete as much as I can just to minimize the damage done to my completion rate.

• 2 weeks later...

I see no point in being a trophy hunter and hiding your profile. I mean, you do what you want, but it's nice to compete friendly and show off your trophies - at least for friends. also something that gets in the way of hiding trophies is the website exposure. you hide it, but people know about that move. this is very annoying, because if you decided to hide it, it is because you obviously doesn't want people to see it. and they know that you have hidden a game is, in a way, an invasion of privacy.

I hide games but mostly for organization and seeing my list the way I want to see it. If a game went unobtainable (Orcs Must Die Unchained), I leave it displaying. If I decided I'm for sure not going for the platinum/100% (Overwatch) I also leave that displaying. Otherwise, I will hide games that I started and just don't feel like working on right at that moment. My goal is to reduce that back down so I don't feel like I need to hide things to not get overwhelmed when looking at what needs to be done. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I hide games but mostly for organization and seeing my list the way I want to see it. If a game went unobtainable (Orcs Must Die Unchained), I leave it displaying. If I decided I'm for sure not going for the platinum/100% (Overwatch) I also leave that displaying. Otherwise, I will hide games that I started and just don't feel like working on right at that moment. My goal is to reduce that back down so I don't feel like I need to hide things to not get overwhelmed when looking at what needs to be done. 

What happened to just playing games for fun, you can still platinum games but you don't need to torture yourself to platinum brutal list just to get the it.