Black Ops 3 Reveal Trailer

Option one: I wait for this to come down in price and buy it like 4 months later like I did AW.

Option two: They actually put it on Wii U and I preorder it so I can be the lone guy standing there at midnight in the Wii U queue.

Either way, despite my disposition and desire to abandon the increasingly stupid series, I'll end up giving money to this game and bitching about it, while still probably playing at least a couple hundred MP matches. Screw this series! I'll go over there and preorder the next one!

...I could also buy it preowned, at least then I get to play it, and they get one less sale.

• Like 1

As someone who has played through all of the CoD games (except for 1 and Ghosts) at some point, and may I also say for the story (as I have played less and less of the series' MP), the campaign for this one already looks as promising as BOII. Sure there were a few things I didn't like about that game, and there are a number of things that I sort of dislike from the series in general (like three developers cycling around so there would be a 3 year development time, but each game is released annually due to the number of developers, or that the MP acts as like an EA sports game that adds little each year).

That said, I'll be looking forward to this one. I mean, the Black Ops story arc has mainly been reliant upon something helpful being turned against the allies in some dangerous fashion (ex. Nova 6 missiles and hacking an entire system of war drones.....AND THE NUMBERS!!!! lol). Then there's the zombies (which I will agree with an earlier post about wishing for no co-op zombies trophy, but considering the past two games, it's not going to happen). Like a few others in this topic, I'm probably going to wait for a price drop to get this one (although for me, it's mainly due to a lack of a PS4 or Xbox One), but considering how much I have enjoyed the campaigns of these games, something tells me that no one's going to stop me from getting it.

Call of Duty won't die down unless the developers (but I'm leaning more towards Activision on this one) decide to end it. And when that happens, they better end it with a bang. 'Cause if not, I'll be PISSED!  :devil:

In case people hadn't noticed, futuristic is the direction warfare is going. Right now, the Navy is developing a completely unmanned bomber that can launch from carriers.

There is a difference from unmanned aircraft and being a terminator with miniguns in your arms.
  • Like 1

There is a difference from unmanned aircraft and being a terminator with miniguns in your arms.

Speaking of Terminator, the guys developing that thing joke around all the time that they're bringing out Skynet, because in the movies it was unmanned stealth bombers like that that helped bring about Judgment Day. :P

Have fun with the game you're gonna buy anyway. xD

My thoughts on it for the most part. Everybody who was saying "I'm not buying the new CoD, I've officially given up on it." that I've known is already hyped over this one. Personally, I don't see how people are calling it any worse than the past few. But that's from a non-fan perspective.

• Like 1

Some little news tidbits:

1080p 60fps on PS4

4 player online/2 player splitscreen co-op campaign

Full Zombies campaign with ranking system

A complete character creator for the single player (unconfirmed for zombies or multiplayer), you can even pick gender, and your character is fully voiced no matter what options you pick, similar to Mass Effect.

It will have a Beta if you pre-order

Beta consoles suggest it will be current gen/PC only

Rumour has it that Playstation swooped in and picked up this year's marketing deal for CoD, DLC first on PlayStation?

Edit: Oops! Wrong Black Ops 3 thread, I'll leave i here anyway ;)

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 1

Some little news tidbits:

- 1080p 60fps on PS4

- 4 player online/2 player splitscreen co-op campaign

- Full Zombies campaign with ranking system

- A complete character creator for the single player (unconfirmed for zombies or multiplayer), you can even pick gender, and your character is fully voiced no matter what options you pick, similar to Mass Effect.

- It will have a Beta if you pre-order

- Beta consoles suggest it will be current gen/PC only

Oh, when he jumped out of water like that and was wall running I assumed it was exo's. Whats the cause for the wall-running and stuff then? or have they not said?

DewfH5S.jpg

Edited by Saltyie

BO3 looks like shit. Nobody wanted a futuristic game but Treyarch fucked it up. Even if they perfect the multiplayer, it won't be COD. The franchise is on life support right now and BO3 is it's last hope and if the game fails (Which probably will) the franchise is DEAD

I both agree and disagree with this.  As many have already pointed out, the CoD franchise is far from life support.  This will be a huge release, with people standing in line at midnight bitching about how the game is going to suck.  

I've been one of those guys standing in line the night of the release since Black Ops, and have owned/played since MW2.  I have, traditionally, been a huge fan of the series,   Advanced Warfare was the first title that I skipped, and this looks to be the second.  I'm in the camp of those that are experiencing severe disappointment by the futuristic slant CoD is trending toward.   

Edited by cash_division23
  • Like 1

DewfH5S.jpg

When I first saw the "Embers" trailer, MGS4 was the first thing that came into my head. Especially that part at the end of Act 1.

Also, I just found out about the fact that BOIII is in fact going to have a theater mode (YES!!!)

http://gearnuke.com/call-duty-black-ops-3-will-theater-mode/

Edited by BlueFireReaper V-II

16yr olds jizzed all over themselves i am sure, i was hoping for WW2... Hell WW1 or Fucking hell the Revolutionary War!!  The market is oversaturated with Futuristic Shooters and i hope this is the one that makes that market crash for a long while. 

Lol, revolutionary war would be pretty funny to see. I think 30 second reload times after every shot would encourage Knifing even more :P

• Like 1