Trophy and Game Discussion

Dead Weight

Heard good things and had been waiting for the PS4/Vita release. Platinum is a nice surprise, but not totally unexpected since Grim Fandango got it too.

I'm interested in playing this, from what I've seen it looks good and it was received well.

1 hour speed-run looks daunting but probably there are walkthroughs of it online

From quick googling, it looks like there are no speedrun-specific guides yet, but there are walkthroughs for the game. Those aren't always skipping unimportant things though.

Why is the platinum called 3.3?

Possibly because the Kickstarter campaign got them 3.3 million dollars?

• 2 weeks later...

Day 1 for me. I'm a massive fan of Double Fine and Tim's work.

3 playthroughs for the plat, I think. 1st, on my own. 2nd to clean up misc trophies, and 3rd for a speed-run. 

I bought it day one as well and I have to say it's a real gem. An amazing game. A must-play for everyone looking for an exciting story with its share of twists. Good, logical puzzles, which are fully solvable if you just think hard enough and pay attention to what's happening in the game. There are plenty of hints here and there.

I did the plat in 2.5 playthroughs. The first one, the sacred one in all point and click adventure games, was one where I paid no attention to the trophies and only wanted to live through the story. The second one was my speed run, while trying to get some of the misc trophies, which didn't influence the timer. I did the Spoon and Gary trophies last, having saved the speedrun game at specific points, where it was easy to go back to. 

The speedrun requires the player to really skip everything. It took my 57 in-game minutes to beat it. I know I lost maybe 2-3 minutes clicking the wrong things here and there, so it's perfectly feasible, but not entirely trivial. 

By the way, I played 95% of the game on PS Vita and it was almost perfect. The game starts dropping frames and has some audio issues in one location but otherwise the touch screen works as fine as conventional controls and I think it's even better suited for a point and click game.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Oh my god the Platinum trophy is called 3.3 I only just saw it now. Hahahahahahahahahaha they're not even trying to hide how much money (other people's money) they wasted on this. Eh, whatever I'll probably give it a try but Schafer is a very shady character. It's not like Fez where I will not even have it on my history that I've played it. 

• 3 months later...

More 2nd rate fare from the most overrated developer out there. I was initially surprised that the game didn't completely suck, but then Act 2 started...and with it a whole lot of nonsensical puzzles.

I thought it was a contender to pass Costume Quest and be deemed completely mediocre, but no...it just sucks. Not brutally, like, uh, Brutal Legend. But it sucks. Oh well - it was free. I'm still not sure it's worth what I paid for it, though.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm usually a big fan of Tim Schafer's games, but I must say that I absolutely hated that game for some reasons:

1) the trophy list is filled with missable trophies, so a guide is needed. 

2) there's a speed run trophy, which I hate.

3) the game on Vita is running really slow. Took around 7-8 seconds per transitions.

4) The story didn't do it for me. Pass the first acts, I started skipping scenes.

5) The puzzles are freaking bullsh*t and so obsure that nobody can figured them out.

• Like 2

Due to the large number of missable trophies can I just confirm that worst come to the worst for any you miss you can just load up a fresh game and play again to get them ?

Want to make sure they are not glitched in some crazy way that starting a new game means you still cannot get them.