reporting cheating on PS4 games

It took him 6 days to get the platinum? I am sure someone could easily do it in 1 to 2 days.

no it took him 12 seconds

It took him 6 days to get the platinum? I am sure someone could easily do it in 1 to 2 days.

How is this any different than Sound Shapes?

All the server does is autopop kills, you still have to beat the game on Morbid. The kills are just grinding and most of them come as you play the game.

Because then you earned the trophies before and just auto popped them on an different console or region.

no it took him 12 seconds

Because then you earned the trophies before and just auto popped them on an different console or region.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2644-Dead-Nation-黙示録-/Roughdawg4

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2475-Dead-Nation-Apocalypse-Edition/Roughdawg4

He played the JP version before the US Version. The game took 6 days to plat. Are you having trouble connecting the dots?

Edited by PViddy

An blue H of shame gives just as much shame as an game you didn't earn a single trophy yourself in. More people will do this and say it was an accident. why collect trophies legit if you can auto pop them right? you can't get busted for it either, yay. Report or hide the game, simple as that. 

In no way that is true. You want me to to feel ashamed for all the trophies I boosted because I didn't 'earn them myself'? Well, the same applies here. If autopopping Knack is wrong, why Sound Shapes isn't? A free plat is a free plat anyway and again, why should YOU care for other's people trophies? Mind your own business, for god's sake.

Also, this is not something people can 'abuse' of, you can't just go and try to reproduce this yourself, it simply happens.

• Like 2

Side note, if kill's where stored on the server's shouldn't the trophy's dinged when I played the Vita & PS4 version.. :hmm:

They are considered completely different games by Housemarque's servers, hence why they can't crossplay.

Although they have different lists, JP and worldwide DNAE are considered the same game by the server.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

Ok we are NOT talking about Dead Nation or Roighdawg4!

We are talking about Knack and an gy who got all the trophies in 12 seconds! RD has already been duscussed and solved

Ionstrom said his game glitch on him and I'm fine with that. It does suck to the people who achieved the fastest time manually but it happen and we know to just let it go.

It's not common, at all, because you can't  :dunno:

That's not proof. 

Ionstrom said his game glitch on him and I'm fine with that. It does suck to the people who achieved the fastest time manually but it happen and we know to just let it go.

Exactly. He was the first person (that I know of) who had the list swap glitch happen, and it just so happened it was with soundshapes that then autopopped all the trophies. It was completely unintentional since no one knew about It before. He explained it to Sly and the situation was resolved when it happened.

Edited by ggamer15

In no way that is true. You want me to to feel ashamed for all the trophies I boosted because I didn't 'earn them myself'? Well, the same applies here. If autopopping Knack is wrong, why Sound Shapes isn't? A free plat is a free plat anyway and again, why should YOU care for other's people trophies? Mind your own business, for god's sake.

Also, this is not something people can 'abuse' of, you can't just go and try to reproduce this yourself, it simply happens.

Soundshapes is an cross save title where you have to get all the trophies legit first  before you can autopop them for other consoles or regions. People are aware of this and it is an legal thing. 

His knack was autopopped immediately and should not work like that. Which means he has faultered the fastest achievers leaderboard and made it impossible for anyone to do it legit. 

And you are asking why i should care for other people's trophies? then why have an report button at all if we shouldn't care for how other people get their trophies?

It can be abused, not yet, but poeple will learn how to do it. I know people are trying to recreate it and i've even seen people on 4Chan talk about this, so this is going to be a thing until Sony patches it, if they ever do

so this is going to be a thing until Sony patches it, if they ever do

I'm fairly certain it is already fixed, since I haven't seen or heard anyone complaining about it happening since the last firmware update.

Ok we are NOT talking about Dead Nation or Roighdawg4!

We are talking about Knack and an gy who got all the trophies in 12 seconds! RD has already been duscussed and solved

The Knack trophies have been discussed and solved as well. We aren't going to force the guy (or gal) to hide trophies for something out of his control. 

Parker

• Like 1

Ok i don't care anymore, if you guys want impossible standars in the Knack fastest achiever leaderboards then sure, I'm going to bed. I just believe he should hide the game because he is ruining it for other. goodnight <3

That's not proof. 

I'm guessing you have proof to state otherwise? All illegitimate looking PS4 trophies so far have been justified and explained accordingly 

Edited by Parker
Stop discussing Roughdawg

We've already talked about PS4 trophies appearing out of order a lot, lol

You still can't hack PS4 trophies, the reason some appear out of order for some people is this bad "glitch" in the PS4 firmware that occurs if you download multiple games at the same time and play one of them, sometimes trophies will just unlock for that other game you downloaded at the same time as the one you're playing.

• Like 2

Steering the conversation back to the original topic, I agree that there should be some way to report PS4 games because somebody already has the plat for Tales for the Borderlands and at one point someone had the plat for Game of Thrones but I guess that got stamped out previously because it's gone now. I'm not the one to meticulous comb people's profiles for the barest hint of shenanigans, but platting a Telltale game that's (ostensibly) not completely developed is obviously cheating to anyone who bothers to look.

(Yes, I realize there might be a slight chance it's a developer testing trophies, but honestly how likely is it that the one guy they task to test trophies also happens to have a fairly active PSN profile? I find it highly more likely it's a cheater who didn't think things through.)

You still can't hack PS4 trophies, the reason some appear out of order for some people is this bad "glitch" in the PS4 firmware that occurs if you download multiple games at the same time and play one of them, sometimes trophies will just unlock for that other game you downloaded at the same time as the one you're playing.

Also I forgot that this exists. :T

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

On the subject of cheating on PS4 games, I noticed that the top 2 times on the Infamous First Light leaderboard were 3 seconds and 7 seconds respectively.

Not sure how that is possible?

Probably same issue as the Knack plat time.

There's rare cases that look like hacks, for example the fastest achiever for Knack, but that's due to a rare glitch when games have downloaded and installed near the same time. For example on PS3T.org the user said they downloaded and synced their Sound Shapes platinum save on the PS4 version, but instead of popping Sound Shapes trophies, it popped all the Knack ones instead because both games were downloaded and installed near the same time

Is this true because i'd expect it would happen to more people I also don't see how that could happen, the trophies pop for the game you're playing, so the guy played sound shapes and he claims syncing save made another games trophies pop. That really sounds made up was there any evidence for this?

Steering the conversation back to the original topic, I agree that there should be some way to report PS4 games because somebody already has the plat for Tales for the Borderlands and at one point someone had the plat for Game of Thrones but I guess that got stamped out previously because it's gone now. I'm not the one to meticulous comb people's profiles for the barest hint of shenanigans, but platting a Telltale game that's (ostensibly) not completely developed is obviously cheating to anyone who bothers to look.

(Yes, I realize there might be a slight chance it's a developer testing trophies, but honestly how likely is it that the one guy they task to test trophies also happens to have a fairly active PSN profile? I find it highly more likely it's a cheater who didn't think things through.)

Also I forgot that this exists. :T

Yup, these were already pretty much determined to be cases of the "two games installed at the same time" issue as well. For Tales from the Borderlands, it was a case of The Wolf Among Us being installed.

Is this true because i'd expect it would happen to more people I also don't see how that could happen, the trophies pop for the game you're playing, so the guy played sound shapes and he claims syncing save made another games trophies pop. That really sounds made up was there any evidence for this?

It's true, and has happened a couple of time since then as well. It's caused by two games being installed at the same time so apparently it confuses the PS4 system somehow.

So it sounds like the solution would be to not download multiple games at once.

There's no way of hacking PS4 trophies, and I doubt there ever will be considering the way PS4 trophies are now no longer stored on the system, but instead on Sony servers only (hence you can't view PS4 trophies offline)

this is definitely not true, since you can earn trophies offline and sync them later. plus even if you are online, you mostly have to manually sync to make them appear server-side (and thus on PSNP etc). so they're at least saving some kind of delta-update or transaction log (as in some file systems or sql databases etc) of your trophies earned, i guess.

So it sounds like the solution would be to not download multiple games at once.

to me it sounded exactly the other way around. if PSNPs standpoint on this matter is "we won't do anything about it, since it's out of the user's control", i'd say us trophywhores should download all the games at once and hope this glitch happens on as many as possible ... because legit trophies and stuff :P

but seriously, i also find this stupid. it's okay to not ban them for having one glitched game or whatever, but those times shouldn't definitely NOT count towards any challenge stuff like fastest achiever and so on!

on topic: i also would like to be able to report ps4 games. at least for some kind of review. i already posted in the borderlands2 board about an impossible fastest time. just look at the 100% club: https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/3445-Borderlands-2

sub 9 minutes is definitely NOT possible.

and i don't really care if it's a game dev, sony's CEO or just some lucky guy with a weird glitch. if it's not possible for _everyone_ to get even remotely close to that time, it must not count for the fastest achiever challenge. i really think this should be a no-brainer?!

then again, i think some people (including me) take trophies way too seriously... :P

but hey, it's a 'sport' and with pages like PSNP there is now a 'league' for it. so since we're not FIFA, why not keep it fair in the process? ;)