Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

Goro

Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

• Introvert
    • Extrovert

I'm more of an introvert, I like doing my own thing and I'm happy in my own company (plus people can really stress me out at times). However I have moments of being more like an extrovert when I'm talking about or doing something I enjoy, especially if I'm with my close friends or family.

So it's safe to say gamers are mostly introverts. I am myself, not just because of worrying about keeping a conversation going but because I get so bored with small talk. Same thing everyday it seems ? My favourite times are when I'm alone ?

• Like 1

When I was younger I considered myself introverted. Always kept to myself, had a small group of friends, and very rarely went out. After college I'm a mix of both. Some days I'll want to engage in anything social and meet new people, and other days I just want to be holed up at home.

I'm about 80% introvert, and the 20% extrovert bit is only when I'm with close friends. Otherwise, I tend to be very independent and doing almost everything on my own, and IRL I only have a few very close friends. I'm also one of those people who just hates parties and clubs, usually have to be dragged or bribed by friends to go out. I usually just say yes on Halloween or some kind of yearly event like that, but I always refuse on regular days. 

For gaming, I'm 90& introvert. I always play single player games and never use multiplayer functions except maybe something like wonder trade in Pokemon. But otherwise, the only interaction with other players I do is via forums like this as opposed to actual gaming sessions. I also don't like party games like Mario Kart and Nintendo in general as I feel that it forces too much interaction with streetpass, Mii plaza and what not.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I love talking with people, but since I have social anxiety I've become extremely selective about who I talk to face to face. If I'm not comfortable with a group of people I'll keep to myself. Over the internet or via texting it's much easier for me to communicate and I'm not as picky. As I've got older I've became quit the home body, lol. I do love to go out to eat and shop on the occasion though. I think I'm definitely more introverted, but I think at times I can be extroverted depending on how I'm feeling.   

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Introvert

On 9/17/2017 at 0:02 PM, Firefoxie said:

I love talking with people, but since I have social anxiety I've become extremely selective about who I talk to face to face. If I'm not comfortable with a group of people I'll keep to myself. Over the internet or via texting it's much easier for me to communicate and I'm not as picky. As I've got older I've became quit the home body, lol. I do love to go out to eat and shop on the occasion though. I think I'm definitely more introverted, but I think at times I can be extroverted depending on how I'm feeling.   

Pretty much the same for me.

• Like 2

I'm a 50-50 split.

I have no issues going to events where I only know one or two people-- or even none! I almost always walk away from those sorts of events with a few new Facebook friends. I find it particularly easy to engage other people in conversation; I have a wide array of interests so I can generally find something non-vacuous to discuss. I honestly enjoy getting to know other people and making them smile/laugh.
On the flip-side, sometimes I just want to be alone for whatever reason-- could be that I'm feeling overwhelmed, annoyed with people, whatever.  Sometimes I don't hang out with people or even really go anywhere aside from the grocery store and work for several months at a time. Some of my hobbies also are solo hobbies, and I become very immersed in them-- reading, writing, gaming (I don't do anything multiplayer), art projects, working out, etc.

• Like 2

I'm actually a bit of an extrovert.  I love talking, hanging out, and going place.  I just happen to be VERY selective about who I hang out with.  Interaction comes easy, trust doesn't, and that's where my line comes in.  

• Like 1

I'm ugly and silly, so no options, even on internet even in irl even on games, Introvert. I dunno, abstraction is the just another part of the world. I once have been very friendly and had a lot of connections, but nothing more beautiful and memorably catchy than living in a total loneliness and those blue days. But I'm easy going with team work and business moves, but nothing personal, just don't like personal relationships, and never had them with anybody.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

• 4 weeks later...

Introvert. Although I find public speaking easy (kudos to the debate society), I sometimes lack awareness in some interactions because I'm too aloof in my mind or just not interested.

Extrovert things like holding a pizza night with the boys+Tekken is fun..or social drinking is nice (just not too much of it please), but it's the introvert activity I find great.

On 10/2/2017 at 2:59 PM, ihate_ray said:

introverted. i hate it, i hate everything in my life aside from my vidya and nuggets

Kinda like me, minus the hating part. I just want alot less of it.

I'm trying to be more extrovert, because to me right now being a constant introvert is unfulfilling and boring. I got places I want to go, people I want to meet, and new things I want to learn, and I'm not going to be able to do if I spend the rest of my life boxed up in my own personal bubble.

• 2 weeks later...

The middle ground for me, I still enjoy being sociable and forming new relationships with people although one of my ideas of a good time without going out and spending money is gathering some people together and forming an online party while playing video games. I love people, but sometimes we all just need some time to be by ourselves as well.

• 4 years later...