National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

12 hours ago, majob said:

No it's not, I felt chills when I looked at him man, it was a little discomforting. Guy is 41 and looks like he's in his late 20s.

I was a little unnerved by it too lol. It was the dude's face. He looked like he dropped 20 years in the off season.

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'll always have a soft spot for Kearse, dude was front and center on a lot of clutch plays for Seattle (if they had won the SB against the Pats in 2014 the biggest thing people would have been talking about was that insane catch he had to put them in the red-zone in the first place, sadly though, it has been all but forgotten through no fault of his own)) and it really breaks my heart to see him go down like that.

I never would've known/remembered that. So my comment definitely wasn't a dig. I saw the replay because I don't think I saw it in real time and it was a crappy way to go down because it didn't look like it was something that could have been avoided. Just shit luck.

Only thing Antonio Brown cares about is himself. Don't feel sorry for the Raiders. They knew exactly what they were getting into. He's an arrogant, selfish diva.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001040518/article/antonio-brown-turmoil-related-to-unhappiness-over-helmet 

Of all the stupid shit to get mad over...

Edited by MidnightDragon

6 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Only thing Antonio Brown cares about is himself. Don't feel sorry for the Raiders. They knew exactly what they were getting into. He's an arrogant, selfish diva.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001040518/article/antonio-brown-turmoil-related-to-unhappiness-over-helmet 

NFL loves their divas though. Moss, TL, Beckham...

10 hours ago, acasser said:

Wake me in three-plus weeks when the pre-season is over.  The games in August are yawn-worthy.

It gives my weekdays a little flavor. preseason football is better than no football.

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

You would think the guy who nearly got decapitated in a playoff game vs. the Bengals a few years ago, would be the chief advocate for safer helmets. 

9 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

LOL, AB is such a fucking diva, The Steelers must be so happy he's gone and this would have to be one of the most dumbest re3asons to possible not play again 

2 hours ago, Conker said:

LOL, AB is such a fucking diva, The Steelers must be so happy he's gone and this would have to be one of the most dumbest re3asons to possible not play again 

Would Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes refuse to play if they didn't like it? No! They'd put on the damn helmet and deal with it! 

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Would Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes refuse to play if they didn't like it? No! They'd put on the damn helmet and deal with it! 

Tom Brady did change his helmet this year because of that exact regulation.  He applied for (and received) an exemption for last season, but he was obliged to change helmets after that.

5 hours ago, acasser said:

Tom Brady did change his helmet this year because of that exact regulation.  He applied for (and received) an exemption for last season, but he was obliged to change helmets after that.

OK, but Brady won't sit out the season over a stupid helmet. He'll put it on and deal with it. BIG difference.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 5:45 PM, acasser said:

Wake me in three-plus weeks when the pre-season is over.  The games in August are yawn-worthy.

Even if it just gets this thread going again I'm happy.  I tried a baseball thread but it's dead AF and I'm not a soccer or hockey fan so finally having fellow fans to talk with (my personal circle isn't real sports savvy) is a breath of fresh air.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Unless I misunderstood what he's going to be about, I'd be more concerned with this deal Jay Z has with the NFL for the season. I guess it was stupid to hope that the sport would be less political.

On 8/16/2019 at 5:08 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Unless I misunderstood what he's going to be about, I'd be more concerned with this deal Jay Z has with the NFL for the season. I guess it was stupid to hope that the sport would be less political.

Indeed. Also...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-closed-loophole-on-antonio-brown-helmet-issue-and-brown-sends-angry-tweet-013735276.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_02

cover2.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Looks like the Raiders GM is losing patience with his diva bullshit.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042553/article/mayock-to-antonio-brown-time-to-be-allin-or-allout

Fair enough on Mayock saying that, AB needs to stop acting like a baby and just get a new helmet or you can enjoy never playing this season/ever for the Raiders.

i do Wonder if they would seriously consider cutting/releasing him :hmm: 

2 minutes ago, Conker said:

Fair enough on Mayock saying that, AB needs to stop acting like a baby and just get a new helmet or you can enjoy never playing this season/ever for the Raiders.

i do Wonder if they would seriously consider cutting/releasing him :hmm: 

They'd be on the hook for $30 million,but there are a few things they could do:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/raiders-have-limited-options-with-antonio-brown/ar-AAG0hd9?ocid=spartandhp

What this demonstrates is that if you're really talented, teams will put up with a lot more of your shit.  Which should be a good lesson to all the marginally talented knuckleheads out there.

Talented players get leeway even when they're a distraction.  Crummy players get cut when they're a distraction.  And the latter category of players don't get signed by other clubs when it happens, either.

3 hours ago, acasser said:

What this demonstrates is that if you're really talented, teams will put up with a lot more of your shit.  Which should be a good lesson to all the marginally talented knuckleheads out there.

Talented players get leeway even when they're a distraction.  Crummy players get cut when they're a distraction.  And the latter category of players don't get signed by other clubs when it happens, either.

Seems like he's to the point where he's gonna need 10,000 yards and 172 TD catches to be worth the trouble, especially when Mack was apparently not good enough to pay.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, AndyKazama said:

Are there any other Arizona Cardinals fans on this forum based in the UK? 1f604.png

How'd you become a Cards fan in the UK when Arizonans don't even care about the team? :P

Tongue-in-cheek kidding of course, but my father is a Cards season ticket holder, and he always gripes about the team losing its home-field advantage when they play the 49ers, Seahawks, Raiders, Cowboys, etc.  I guess that's bound to happen when you live in a transient town. 

Good luck with your season, though. It'll be interesting to see how the Murray/ Rosen comparisons plays out this season.

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

How'd you become a Cards fan in the UK when Arizonans don't even care about the team? :P

Tongue-in-cheek kidding of course, but my father is a Cards season ticket holder, and he always gripes about the team losing its home-field advantage when they play the 49ers, Seahawks, Raiders, Cowboys, etc.  I guess that's bound to happen when you live in a transient town. 

Good luck with your season, though. It'll be interesting to see how the Murray/ Rosen comparisons plays out this season.

Interesting question. So in the UK NFL isn't that big, so if you were going to pick a team you might think go for the big guys like the Pats, Steelers, Packers, Eagles etc 

My logic wasn't that. Pick a conference, NFC, because my friend is a Red Skins fans (and they are NFC ofc). Pick a division, so NFC West. Cardinals had a cool logo so went with them. 

Figured it'd take me years to build up loyalty so didn't matter who I picked

• Like 1