National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

2 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

Well now he with the Patriots let see how long that will last

I think he lasts now (redemption story) and the Pats win the SB again.  Gordon may be done, one of them won’t last but Brown is still in his prime unlike Gordon 

29 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

Well now he with the Patriots let see how long that will last

He'll probably be on his best behavior for this year and then try to con somebody else into forking over a truck full of cash for next season.  Because if he aggravates his way out of New England, there won't be another stop -- teams will realize that even the supposedly "strongest locker room" won't have been able to contain him.

Personally, I'm hoping that he continues to act like a diva and obliterates the Patriots.  I don't like Belichick, Brady, and Company, but I have respected them for years.... but this sort of move rubs me the wrong way enough that it will no longer be "root against them but don't actively wish for harm".  It's hard for me to blame them for being the opportunistic vulture, but karma needs to kick Antonio Brown's ass and not stop for a while.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, acasser said:

He'll probably be on his best behavior for this year and then try to con somebody else into forking over a truck full of cash for next season.  Because if he aggravates his way out of New England, there won't be another stop -- teams will realize that even the supposedly "strongest locker room" won't have been able to contain him.

Personally, I'm hoping that he continues to act like a diva and obliterates the Patriots.  I don't like Belichick, Brady, and Company, but I have respected them for years.... but this sort of move rubs me the wrong way enough that it will no longer be "root against them but don't actively wish for harm".  It's hard for me to blame them for being the opportunistic vulture, but karma needs to kick Antonio Brown's ass and not stop for a while.

I'm pretty disappointed in the signing. What's your reward for pouting and whining and pissing and moaning for three months? A $9 million signing bonus. :facepalm:

Moss was at his humblest on the Patriots and I'm sure they are anticipating the same thing. But it sends the wrong message on so many levels...God I miss the 80s when the only thing fans had to think about were the games. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I think he lasts now (redemption story) and the Pats win the SB again.  Gordon may be done, one of them won’t last but Brown is still in his prime unlike Gordon 

Yea which is going to suck because pats dso not need another Superbowl 

Edited by Yuna4353

The man is not right in the head.

I wonder if he even wants to play football. Contract holdout, frostbite, helmet, fine, apology on and off again, release request............I'm waiting for dog ate his playbook, grandmother died and he got a flat tire on the way to the practice field.

He's not eligible to play in week one.........which gives him a whole lotta time to screw it up before game 2. It would not be surprising to me if he is released by Thursday and out of the NFL.

Someone get him a psychiatrist, please!

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I'm pretty disappointed in the signing. What's your reward for pouting and whining and pissing and moaning for three months? A $9 million signing bonus. :facepalm:

Moss was at his humblest on the Patriots and I'm sure they are anticipating the same thing. But it sends the wrong message on so many levels...God I miss the 80s when the only thing fans had to think about were the games. 

Agreed.

Regarding Randy Moss:  He also sulked his way out of Oakland, but the Raiders at least got something back for their aggravation in terms of draft pick compensation from New England.  It's not like he goaded them into releasing him so he could go and join the Evil Empire.

Though I wonder this:  If Oakland took my advice and suspended and deactivated Brown for a few weeks for "conduct detrimental", would his presence on their roster have guaranteed his 2019 salary the way all veterans have their 2019 salary fully guaranteed if they're on the roster for Week 1?  And could this be why Oakland cut ties with him now instead of forcing him to sit?  If that's the case, I have some sympathy for the Raiders.  In a professional sense, I also have some respect for them, because most sports franchises are very slow to figure out "don't throw good money after bad trying to salvage a situation close(r) to its' starting point".  But the Raiders followed that maxim very quickly and very thoroughly.

3 hours from the season really starting so lets predict.

Division titles:

NFC - 

North - This is the hardest pick.  I'm not gonna drink the Green Bay coolaid just yet so Vikings.  I don't believe in the Bears' offense and the Green Bay defense looked like it benefited from said terrible offense more than anything.  Vikings have the year they were supposed to have last year and take it.

South - Saints.  They're the best team and they will have a serious chip on their shoulder, as a result,  #1 seed and NFC title game/Superbowl.

East - Eagles.  Dallas is the team everyone talks about but they'll find a way to screw it up and let the Eagles take the division.

West - Rose colored glasses and total bias here.  Seahawks.  Last year both games against the Rams were extremely close, this year Seattle's just a bit better and LA's a bit worse.  When Seatt'es 2-2 in week 5 the game against the Rams will decide the division and the Seahawks take both.

AFC - 

North - Browns are what everyone wants, Ravens is what they'll get.  Eventually Mayfield and OBJ are going to lose a couple and not be able to handle it, sinking their chances for the division.  Meanwhile, the Ravens chug along and quietly win enough to be on top.

South - Jags.  Colts can't quite recover from losing Luck and Houston does just enough to come in 2nd.  Foles gives the Jags the Luck-less division.

East - Patriots.  Everyone knows how and why.  Move on.

West - Chiefs.  Raiders are a mess, Broncos are the 3rd best team in the division and the Chargers always find a way to mess it up.  Chiefs have all the talent in the world on offense and shootout win after shootout win takes them all the way to the AFC title game, where they lose to the Pats again.

14 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I live in Virginia and CBS STILL has not switched from the Ravens/Dolphins massacre.  Inexplicable. 

I am in VA as well. My area was supposed to get the Dolphins game but I got the Browns/Titans instead. At 1 pm I was pissed I couldn't watch my fins, at  1:30 I was glad I didn't get the chance to watch that brutal back alley beating. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Lions/Cardinals has been a fun 4th/OT.

Hoping it ends in a tie.  Might feel like a win for both of these going nowhere teams.

Nice, fitting ending ?

Stafford nearly threw a pick with 5 seconds left when they had no chance to win.  Players/coaches really hate ties, would almost prefer to lose it seems. 

Edited by djb5f

4 hours ago, majob said:

Falcons non longer shut out

That game was looking sad for a while there

I thought the Falcons would bounce back this season, but they weren't impressive at all today.  Pressure from the Vikes D caused Ryan to make some poor decisions. Julio was a non-factor again vs. MN. Whatever Zimmer does with his defensive scheme to eliminate Julio as a threat, the rest of the NFL should copy.