National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

42 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I didn’t really pay attention to basketball and that Harris guy is the main person of the group clearly, so…

Josh Harris owns a team I root for.  (The New Jersey Devils of the NHL; it also came with the rights to operate Prudential Center in Newark which may as well be a money-printing operation.)  And he owns the Philadelphia 76ers of the NBA.

Harris comes with a lot of mixed reviews.  He's probably an upgrade from Dan Snyder, but you probably have to get into the Pol Pot section of humanity to find a downgrade.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, acasser said:

Josh Harris owns a team I root for.  (The New Jersey Devils of the NHL; it also came with the rights to operate Prudential Center in Newark which may as well be a money-printing operation.)  And he owns the Philadelphia 76ers of the NBA.

Harris comes with a lot of mixed reviews.  He's probably an upgrade from Dan Snyder, but you probably have to get into the Pol Pot section of humanity to find a downgrade.

Well, he probably can't do any worse at least. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Conker said:

Happy Trails out of the NFC North! I deal with Packer fans on a weekly basis and the consensus is good riddances. Not that they have full confidence in Love, but that they are sick of the Aaron Rodgers Ego Experience as well. Let’s see if Rodgers’ ego is mature enough to handle the unforgiving spotlight of NYC. 

- Funny, I just realized on my original post I wrote “NFC Central.” I’m sure Tampa Bay is eager to get rid of two games with Rodgers each fall as well. :P

Edited by PerryToxteth

An awful lot of Packers fans have been spoiled by three decades of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers and have little appreciation of just how bad quarterback play can be and how miserable most of those teams are.  Not that I thought they would win anything with Rodgers the next couple of years given the rest of that team, but the difference between "bad" and "good" is a lot smaller than the difference between "bad" and "worse".  And Jordan Love is probably "worse".

I don't like some of the other moves the Jets have made to attract Rodgers and surround him here in New Jersey.  In particular, I strongly dislike the "swap" that brought in Mecole Hardiman and sent out Elijah Moore, although I understand the ostensible logic behind the move.  And while I have a lot of bad flashbacks to the one year Brett Favre spent as a Jet, and I see the very real potential for this season to go every bit as badly -- i.e., a late-season collapse costing everybody their jobs, from the QB to the Head Coach and maybe even the General Manager -- he'll be very well received by most of the fan base and it's not like the Jets have had much in the way of good quarterback play for several years now.  Not consistently from Zach Wilson, or Sam Darnold, or Mike White, or Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Geno Smith, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

It's every bit as likely that the Jets success or lack thereof next season will be tied to things other than the QB.  The defense and how healthy it is would be a good place to start.

On 4/25/2023 at 7:44 AM, Conker said:

Packers got the better end of the deal. Jets gave up way too much for a guy on the cusp of retirement.

Also, Lamar Jackson is now the highest paid QB. https://www.nfl.com/news/lamar-jackson-ravens-agree-to-terms-on-new-contract

Will Levis slides to the second round after being touted as a top 5 pick and my Lions take 2 of the most questionable selections in the draft. I understand why they didn't take Anderson, he had baggage but still, why a RB you could have gotten probably in the second and a LB they definitely could have taken in the second?

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, majob said:

Will Levis slides to the second round after being touted as a top 5 pick and my Lions take 2 of the most questionable selections in the draft. I understand why they didn't take Anderson, he had baggage but still, why a RB you could have gotten probably in the second and a LB they definitely could have taken in the second?

in Same boat is Atlanata taking Robinson of Texas, a questionable move

• 3 weeks later...

A Huge gamble for the NFL that could be a disaster, Peacock will exclusievly carry the Saturday Night Wild Card game https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37657287/peacock-exclusively-carry-nfl-playoff-game

Could end up being the lowest watched playoff game and something not tried again

Edited by Conker

8 minutes ago, Conker said:

A Huge gamble for the NFL that could be a disaster, Peacock will exclusievly carry the Saturday Night Wild Card game https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37657287/peacock-exclusively-carry-nfl-playoff-game

Could end up being the lowest watched playoff game and something not tried again

What bullshit is this?!

On 5/16/2023 at 0:57 AM, Conker said:

That or the largest use of free Peacock trials ever, just need it long enough for 1 game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The league owners unanimously approved the sale of the Commanders. Dan Snyder was also fined $60 million for his workplace misconduct. Goodbye and good riddance, you piece of shit!

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-approve-sale-of-washington-commanders-to-josh-harris-group

Now the Commanders may have a chance again soon. Obviously not gonna change overnight. 

17 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The league owners unanimously approved the sale of the Commanders. Dan Snyder was also fined $60 million for his workplace misconduct. Goodbye and good riddance, you piece of shit!

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-approve-sale-of-washington-commanders-to-josh-harris-group

Now the Commanders may have a chance again soon. Obviously not gonna change overnight. 

Hoping for the worst for Dan Snyder, actually hope he is in prison for the rest of his life. Unfortunately he is rich so he probably will get away with it 

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a question:

I'm thinking of getting the NFL Sunday Ticket on Youtube so that I can actually watch NFL games, and my Browns for the 1st time on TV in a few years. I'm currently looking at the prices and its a $50 off deal until September 19th. One deal is this:

NFL Sunday Ticket + Youtube TV going for $299 (with the TV sub as a monthly charge of $73)?

or

NFL Sunday Ticket (only) for $399 with no Youtube TV sub?

or 

just say don't do it as it might not be worth the money?

I know it may seem obvious lol but which should I go with? 

GO BROWNS!!! 

Edited by kidson2004