National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Hype for the Lions will only get louder with that win against the Chiefs, Goff continues his interception less streak too. Chiefs missed Kelce for sure with all those drops and Chris Jones, does that make them pay him now?

And Packers in the new Jordan Love era will be without WR Christian Watson who emerged last season and potentially WR Romeo Doubs, not the start they need 

Edited by Conker

15 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The way the Chiefs lost was super disappointing, but after watching SNF, I don’t feel as bad about it anymore :lol: The entire front office needs to be cleaned out, especially the dumbass who paid Daniel Jones that money.

Daniel Jones should’ve never got that contract but the Giants OL vs. the Cowboys DL is about as big of a mismatch that you can have.  Jones had to be fearing for his life.

Niners and Cowboys weren’t playing around in Week One.  Philly looked pretty suspect but escaped.  There will probably be a surprise 4th team in the NFC to join them, Lions or Packers maybe.

For the AFC, I’m not writing off the Chiefs.  Missing Kelce and Chris Jones was huge.  Bengals started slow last year too, they should be ok.  Bills/Jets should be fascinating.  

37 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Daniel Jones should’ve never got that contract but the Giants OL vs. the Cowboys DL is about as big of a mismatch that you can have.  Jones had to be fearing for his life.

Niners and Cowboys weren’t playing around in Week One.  Philly looked pretty suspect but escaped.  There will probably be a surprise 4th team in the NFC to join them, Lions or Packers maybe.

For the AFC, I’m not writing off the Chiefs.  Missing Kelce and Chris Jones was huge.  Bengals started slow last year too, they should be ok.  Bills/Jets should be fascinating.  

I feel the Eagles thing is them trying to get them used to the new play callers but that's just my observation. 

Dak looks comfortable in the QB now but that might just be the Giants not bringing it. I am optimism on the cowboys offense 

Chiefs dropping their first game of the season to the Lions?  Yeah, didn't see that coming.  Probably could have got the W if Kelce was in there, but it's still interesting and we'll have to wait and see if and what this means.  Chances are Chiefs still pull off a 13+ win season.

So glad to see my Niners come back strong after a horrifying end to last season.  Purdy looked exactly the same, which is great news.  I was afraid he might make some big mistakes or have some trouble with his arm with such a short surgical recovery period, but he looked good.  There were definitely some things the team needs to work on and do better, but a solid opener, which is saying a lot since Kyle's season opener record is about on par with his 4th quarter in super bowls record.  I have no expectations for this season, just glad to see the team didn't fall apart in the off-season.  Hopefully they have a good year.

I'm just going to post this here and walk away....

The Jets and Giants will be a combined 3-10 when they meet on October 29th in this year's "Snoopy Bowl".  Considering how one of them was a playoff team last year and a fashionable pick to be one of those "teams on the rise" while the other imported a bunch of mercenaries to try and save jobs on the Coaching Staff and in Management, that's going to be seen by outsiders as "very disappointing".

But it probably shouldn't be surprising.  Anybody looking at things with an unbiased, objective eye could see the Giants' problems coming.  And the Jets are the "same old Jets" and probably always will be.