National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

5 hours ago, Zio_Sam87 said:

Looks who show up a week later. Your sorry team was eliminated cause isn't good enough, and the "plastic" rookie player has more playoff wins than "sleep number" prescott.

We can always ask NFL to have some rule to let DAL advance to the championship game even if they lose since '95.

Talkin about NFL... A stolen touchdown set by an incomplete pass and 2 injuried QBs (well, maybe one, JJ can't throw a damn ball after 15 seasons) with tons of "doubtful" flags on one game, tons of "WTF" flags on the other game to help KC... very well done.

woah, that is a lot of bitterness. ?

Remember the week before, SF’s only touchdown drive was greatly aided by 2 questionable penalties that would’ve stopped the drive included Kittle’s theatrics of crumbling to the ground.  He has a career in the WWE after football. 

As for injuries, the hip dive tackle to take Pollard out of the game was a game-changer.  Borderline dirty and being evaluated by the rules committee.  It left Dallas with only Lamb left as a playmaker.  It was a big mistake to let Amari Cooper go to Cleveland in the off-season.  

in the end, both teams had very good seasons but once again fell short of the ultimate, which the Cowboys have won more recently than the Niners since you are keeping track lol.

13 minutes ago, djb5f said:

woah, that is a lot of bitterness. 1f602.png

Remember the week before, SF’s only touchdown drive was greatly aided by 2 questionable penalties that would’ve stopped the drive included Kittle’s theatrics of crumbling to the ground.  He has a career in the WWE after football. 

As for injuries, the hip dive tackle to take Pollard out of the game was a game-changer.  Borderline dirty and being evaluated by the rules committee.  It left Dallas with only Lamb left as a playmaker.  It was a big mistake to let Amari Cooper go to Cleveland in the off-season.  

in the end, both teams had very good seasons but once again fell short of the ultimate, which the Cowboys have won more recently than the Niners since you are keeping track lol.

Nah, no bitterness here.

I was sure as hell you would be here after Purdy went down. I take the jokes, it's part of the game and I'm ok as long as you joke on SF after being eliminated ?

You forgot Zeke, if only he didn't stop to play the game after being paid heavy ?

Man, I can't believe how good the Eagles are! They absolutely dismantled San Fran. 

Kudos to the Chiefs! I wanted the Bengals to win that game, and it looked like another example of a Chiefs blown lead to Burrow and company, but that defense really stepped up. The officiating in that game was suspect at times. They really screwed up that third down call (if you're going to wave off a play, then WAVE IT OFF). No real effect on anything, but it wasn't the only instance. I was impressed that they didn't force the Bengals to take a challenge when Mahomes was clearly down in the 3rd quarter, though.

9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Man, I can't believe how good the Eagles are! They absolutely dismantled San Fran. 

Kudos to the Chiefs! I wanted the Bengals to win that game, and it looked like another example of a Chiefs blown lead to Burrow and company, but that defense really stepped up. The officiating in that game was suspect at times. They really screwed up that third down call (if you're going to wave off a play, then WAVE IT OFF). No real effect on anything, but it wasn't the only instance. I was impressed that they didn't force the Bengals to take a challenge when Mahomes was clearly down in the 3rd quarter, though.

Every time a call is blown, it takes possession time away from the other team. There is no such thing as a blown call having no 'real effect' on the game. Everything matters, especially with a score that close. Mind you, the Bengals easily outplayed the Chiefs on all ends even though both teams played pretty terribly in comparison to last week, but the score is going to look different when you get free yardage and free extra downs. Chiefs fans were complaining two years ago when Brady was on the other end of these kind of calls but when it goes in their favor, they pretend it's not happening.

NFL may as well change their name to WWE at this point.

1 minute ago, CuteBoringLove said:

Every time a call is blown, it takes possession time away from the other team. There is no such thing as a blown call having no 'real effect' on the game. Everything matters, especially with a score that close. Mind you, the Bengals easily outplayed the Chiefs on all ends even though both teams played pretty terribly in comparison to last week, but the score is going to look different when you get free yardage and free extra downs. Chiefs fans were complaining two years ago when Brady was on the other end of these kind of calls but when it goes in their favor, they pretend it's not happening.

NFL may as well change their name to WWE at this point.

I know, I know. I should have been more specific - it didn't have a direct impact on the game. It certainly matters that the Chiefs got a second chance, which then extended to another first down (after a defensive holding call). 

Make no mistake - the officiating was poor, and the NFL should definitely do some work on this end (HA!).

Sean Payton is leaving after 1 year at FOX and taking the Denver Broncos job https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35564875/sources-broncos-finalizing-deal-saints-sean-payton

49ers DC Demeco Ryans is taking the head coach job with the Texans, lets hope he isn't there fired straight 1 season coach  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35564183/sources-texans-hire-49ers-dc-demeco-ryans-head-coach

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Tom Brady is retiring again. He says it’s for real, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-retirement-23-seasons-in-nfl-buccaneers-patriots

This one sticks. Last year he retired for his wife. After a month at home, he realized he couldn’t stand her and found an escape by returning to football. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

This one sticks. Last year he retired for his wife. After a month at home, he realized he couldn’t stand her and found an escape by returning to football. 

Well, forgive my skepticism…and not gonna comment on the rest of that.

Edited by MidnightDragon

17 hours ago, Conker said:

49ers DC Demeco Ryans is taking the head coach job with the Texans, lets hope he isn't there fired straight 1 season coach  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35564183/sources-texans-hire-49ers-dc-demeco-ryans-head-coach

I'm happy for the man, this means our organization develops top coaches, but I'm sad that for the second straight time our very good DC goes... Hopefully Lynch will find another top dog. On the other side of the ball, once again we're a QB-short of a SB team, but this time don't know who the hell will start next season. And while the defense has plenty of time ahead, the offense might have only one or two seasons left before guys like Kittle, Juice or Williams become old. Damn.

15 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Tom Brady is retiring again. He says it’s for real, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-retirement-23-seasons-in-nfl-buccaneers-patriots

He came back out of retirement to a divorce, a loss of millions from a bad investment, his first losing season and the loss of several pristine records such as never losing to a rookie qb. It sticks.

If that sideline 'catch' before he went out of bounds counts as a catch, so does that catch that was a fumble that they called back because he didn't spend 15 minutes having dinner while holding the ball after the catch before he fumbled it.  I don't have a dog in this race, but the Chiefs were robbed of a TD.  With the Eagles getting a FG after the refs gave them back the ball, that's a 10 point swing.

Edit: What was that holding call on Philly?  Not much of a penalty there at all, was that another classic NFL payback call?  Should've just let the Chiefs kick the FG with 1:30 left and see if their defense could hold.  Not a satisfying way to end an otherwise really good game.

Edited by Matto_lsi

49 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

Edit: What was that holding call on Philly?  Not much of a penalty there at all, was that another classic NFL payback call?  Should've just let the Chiefs kick the FG with 1:30 left and see if their defense could hold.  Not a satisfying way to end an otherwise really good game.

Mahomes whining like the bitch he is. That's why it got called.

Congrats Chiefs and Eagles on a great Superbowl with the Chiefs winning 38-35 But man what a huge flag late that was called to decide the game, sucks thats how a great game ended, much like last Superbowl with all the late flags against the Bengals.

Overall it truly was a great Superbowl, crazy Chiefs did it after letting Tyreek Hill go to Miami and Eagles, pay Hurts now

Edited by Conker

Would've won 10k if KC scored a TD on that last drive, instead they slide and proceed to kneel it for the FG instead to run the clock down. I'm losing my mind, unbelievable how Super Bowl's find ways to screw me over every year with this nonsense. Another terribly officiated game as well. 

If there's any silver lining, at least the Eagles didn't win and their trash fans get nothing to celebrate (or riot over I should say). I'll take that as a slight win. 

Sensational Super Bowl, one of my favorites in a long time.

Chiefs earned it, they dominated the second half, the Eagles defense had no answer even stopping a hobbled Mahomes.  

Even Bradberry, the Eagles defender, admitted he held on the penalty.  He really hooked him twice.  Textbook defensive holding.  Not sure what Greg Olsen was going on about.  The rules guy in the booth and the ESPN Primetime crew (and anyone with two eyes) disagreed with him.

45 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Sensational Super Bowl, one of my favorites in a long time.

Chiefs earned it, they dominated the second half, the Eagles defense had no answer even stopping a hobbled Mahomes.  

Even Bradberry, the Eagles defender, admitted he held on the penalty.  He really hooked him twice.  Textbook defensive holding.  Not sure what Greg Olsen was going on about.  The rules guy in the booth and the ESPN Primetime crew (and anyone with two eyes) disagreed with him.

Im sure Tom Brady liked Olsen doing that xD 

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

Textbook defensive holding.  Not sure what Greg Olsen was going on about. 

It was a very iffy call that essentially ended the Superbowl.  Throughout the regular season a call like that is probably only made 50% of the time so having it essentially end the final game of the year isn't gonna sit right with a lot of people, especially with the optics of the flag not being thrown until after Patrick Brady was screaming and yelling and the ball being well out of range.  Add to that the extremely suspect finish to last year's Superbowl and it's hard to not roll your eyes when a pattern of the "right" team winning after late game ref-ball is starting to emerge.  By the letter of the law sure, it was a hold, but two things can be true at the same time and it was also a weak-ass call at the worst possible time.  Maybe the Eagles get the ball back, go three and out, and it's moot.  Problem is we'll never know.

• Like 1