National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

2 hours ago, Rocko said:

Aaron Rodgers again proves to us he is the Hail Mary King.

But seriously what was the Giants defense doing on the play, letting Randall Cobb get past them even before getting to the endzone is pathetic

Wonder if the Packers fans will complain for four years about the pushoff in that hail mary play.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rocko said:

So I think the Giants should've looked up Tony romo and Cabo before there Miami trip.

And this isn't smart Odell http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-odell-beckham-reportedly-punches-hole-in-lambeau-wall-after-loss-to-packers/

Well, he partied last week with Justin Bieber and lost a fight with a kicking net. What do you expect as far as his decision making goes? :P

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000771853/article/history-wild-card-weekend-most-lopsided-since-1981

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Well, he partied last week with Justin Bieber and lost a fight with a kicking net. What do you expect as far as his decision making goes? :P

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000771853/article/history-wild-card-weekend-most-lopsided-since-1981

Odell Beckham makes Terrell Owens look sane.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Wonder if the Packers fans will complain for four years about the pushoff in that hail mary play.

I thought we went through this chapter and verse in the aftermath of "Fail Mary":  the referees have been instructed to keep flags in their pockets on Hail Mary plays unless it's so over-the-top blatant as to mandate one -- e.g., tackling a wide receiver to prevent a catch or an offensive lineman tackling a pass rusher to give his QB more time.

3 hours ago, acasser said:

I thought we went through this chapter and verse in the aftermath of "Fail Mary":  the referees have been instructed to keep flags in their pockets on Hail Mary plays unless it's so over-the-top blatant as to mandate one -- e.g., tackling a wide receiver to prevent a catch or an offensive lineman tackling a pass rusher to give his QB more time.

We've definitely been over it.  More than once.  And you completely missed the point of my post so I'll elaborate.

i couldn't care less if there was a call or not on the play, that's why there was absolutely no mention of whether or not there should have been flag in the post. My point was it's been four years and I still see it brought up constantly.  If the Seahawks play on a Monday night, the fail Mary is highlighted, more than once.  If Seattle plays Green Bay (which basically happens every year now), fail Mary gets highlighted, more than once.  Hell. just last season on this forum I remember whats-his-face... the Packer fan, going on an attacking tirade towards me when I pointed out a game changing mistake and he finished it with "I don't remember hearing you complain over the fail Mary".  Go on any comments section of a sports site when Seattle and Green Bay play and Packers fans will bring up the fail Mary 50 thousand times. Now that the shoe's on the other foot, and there was a blatant push on a game altering hail Mary, in the playoffs, committed by Green Bay, will we see the same outrage?  No, we won't.  Green Bay fans will excuse it away, which is quite funny to me considering how much whining has been done over the past four years by those same exact fans.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

We've definitely been over it.  More than once.  And you completely missed the point of my post so I'll elaborate.

i couldn't care less if there was a call or not on the play, that's why there was absolutely no mention of whether or not there should have been flag in the post. My point was it's been four years and I still see it brought up constantly.  If the Seahawks play on a Monday night, the fail Mary is highlighted, more than once.  If Seattle plays Green Bay (which basically happens every year now), fail Mary gets highlighted, more than once.  Hell. just last season on this forum I remember whats-his-face... the Packer fan, going on an attacking tirade towards me when I pointed out a game changing mistake and he finished it with "I don't remember hearing you complain over the fail Mary".  Go on any comments section of a sports site when Seattle and Green Bay play and Packers fans will bring up the fail Mary 50 thousand times. Now that the shoe's on the other foot, and there was a blatant push on a game altering hail Mary, in the playoffs, committed by Green Bay, will we see the same outrage?  No, we won't.  Green Bay fans will excuse it away, which is quite funny to me considering how much whining has been done over the past four years by those same exact fans.  

I know exactly what you're talking about. Two faced fans are everywhere in the NFL. Kinda like Steeler fans calling everyone dirty and calling them thugs, but when they make a dirty play (see Bud Dupree's hit on Moore) its just "football" or better yet whenever someone gets arrested they usually say "that thug should be kicked out of the NFL" however if someone on their team gets arrested (Joey Porter) "its overblown and out of porportion".

• Like 2

On 1/10/2017 at 1:30 AM, skidmarkgn said:

Tribalism

The Denver Broncos are hiring Miami DC Vance Joseph to be there new head coach http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18452615/denver-broncos-hiring-vance-joseph-head-coach

The Buffalo Bills are hiring Panthers DC Sean McDermott as there new head coach http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18453441/buffalo-bills-agree-hire-sean-mcdermott-head-coach

24 minutes ago, Splathew said:

Now LA will have two teams they won't support.

xD so true, though sux that the Chargers are going, though one interesting thing, I remember in the past Rivers said he wouldn't play in LA, let's see if that's still the case 

Here's there new logo, also says they might rebrand very much like the Oilers did when they moved to Tennessee and became the Titans 

C1-7tM7W8AE17fN.jpg

Edited by Rocko

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Too bad.  Was really hoping Kroenke was going to have to put up the entire bill for the new stadium that would have sat empty every year.  Having the Chargers as renters is good for him, and anything that's good for that POS is bad for the rest of the universe.

Alright, this is Seattle's 4th division game on the road under Pete.  So far in the previous 3 combined (Chicago, Atlanta, and Carolina) they've scored exactly 0 points in the first half.  I really don't expect a win but it would be great if they didn't go into the half down 20/30-0 for once.

I find it funny how that slug, Dean Spanos has a net worth of 2 billion yet it appears he didn't wanna allocate any of HIS funds for a stadium. What a lying ♥. Oh well it'll be nice to watch how much money he'll lose in LA since they'll have 0 fan support.

The Los Angeles Chargers have hired Anthony Lynn to be there new head coach http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18470810/los-angeles-chargers-officially-tap-anthony-lynn-new-head-coach

The playoff matchup between the steelers and chiefs has had its start time moved from 1:05 EST to now 8:20 EST http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18468530/nfl-pushes-back-pittsburgh-steelers-kansas-city-chiefs-start-cites-weather-forecast

Edited by Rocko

14 minutes ago, Splathew said:

As a Chiefs fan I hope. That said if it becomes a shoot out the Chiefs are going to be in trouble.

I think as a Chiefs fan you need to be looking for your team to turn the Steelers over, because that seems more highly correlated with Kansas City playing well (and winning).  Yeah, I'd be uncomfortable with a shootout if I were a Chiefs fan, as Pittsburgh is better equipped to score points in bunches, but KC is capable of winning one of those.

But as a fan at this point?  I'm simply rooting for good football and close games now that my sole rooting interest is done.  (The Giants getting stomped made me smile -- I have a grudge against the Giants and wish them ill.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splathew said:

As a Chiefs fan I hope. That said if it becomes a shoot out the Chiefs are going to be in trouble.

I hope the Chiefs win as well. I can't stand the Squealers or what their franchise/fan base stands for. Bunch of scum.

Edited by Kubanga