National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

They don't seem mad that the Raiders want to move to Las Vegas. Well, it's not Los Angeles and league insiders say that the league feels Oakland wasn't even trying, so they probably don't care as much.

The whole Chargers thing has been a clusterfuck.

Edited by Torracat83

I find it harder to support professional sports and entertainment industries.  Team owners pillage their communities.  And you end up feeding the rich (and super rich) so they can gorge themselves on self gratification.  Giving guys like Winston and Manziel (to name a few) power and money make this world a worse place. 

Humans lust for entertainment is disheartening.

*Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

The Falcons need to pull their starters for the 2nd half just to make this game watchable.  Two weeks in a row in the post season hosting a team with a decimated secondary has treated Atlanta well, lol.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very VERY pro-Falcons for the rest of the season (hope for nothing but good things for Quinn) but their path to the superbowl has been a joke and the games have been terrible, unless you're from Atlanta of course.

So it's gonna be Falcons vs Patriots in the superbowl.

cannot wait for this, featuring the 2 best qb's both mvp candidates, the explosive Falcons offense and consistent Patriots.

p.s if Pats win does Brady go down as the G.O.A.T

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rocko said:

So it's gonna be Falcons vs Patriots in the superbowl.

cannot wait for this, featuring the 2 best qb's both mvp candidates, the explosive Falcons offense and consistent Patriots.

Brady already is the GOAT of NFL long ahead where he truly deserves the respect that people should see as a role model. 

7 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

What the hell?! I was expecting these games to be super close, like last Sunday's games. Instead, they're fucking blowouts! The Super Bowl better not be like this! It is cool the Falcons made it and I will be cheering for them, but I'm worried their nerves might get to them.

Being a Georgia native, and a Peyton Manning fanboy, I too will be pulling for the Falcons. But they're gonna get blown out, I'm afraid.

And if they do, this is probably the worst NFL season I can remember.

13 hours ago, Rocko said:

Maybe, but it helps to play for arguably the greatest coach of all time, too. I would like to have seen what might have happened if Brady had played for a Jim Caldwell or a John Fox (to say nothing of a Jim Mora).

Fanboy-ing it up? Maybe, but it certainly helps to have arguably the greatest football mind of all time as your coach.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

.Maybe, but it helps to play for arguably the greatest coach of all time, too. I would like to have seen what might have happened if Brady had played for a Jim Caldwell or a John Fox (to say nothing of a Jim Mora).

Don't forget always having either an elite receiving core, or top tier defense, or consistently having one of the top 5 easiest schedules in the NFL.  That's the one (or four) thing that's always held me back from proclaiming Brady as the greatest, he's always had a ton of backup helping him... well, that and multiple cheating scandals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

Don't forget always having either an elite receiving core, or top tier defense, or consistently having one of the top 5 easiest schedules in the NFL.  That's the one (or four) thing that's always held me back from proclaiming Brady as the greatest, he's always had a ton of backup helping him... well, that and multiple cheating scandals.

Brady is already the greatest of all time because people don't see how much every game plays he's always give it all where people are judging of how petty these judgement opinions they are. All of these easy games people are claiming, they don't see how hard they've already played of their own team in the schedule where mostly every division is like that if they don't play seriously. That's what a perfect team needs perfect round of players with talent to make their selves who is playing for the team to be perfect and that's why Brady is the greatest of all time. Screw the petty assumptions that people wish they have Brady as their team years ago. 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

1 hour ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Brady is already the greatest of all time because people don't see how much every game plays he's always give it all where people are judging of how petty these judgement opinions they are. All of these easy games people are claiming, they don't see how hard they've already played of their own team in the schedule where mostly every division is like that if they don't play seriously. That's what a perfect team needs perfect round of players with talent to make their selves who is playing for the team to be perfect and that's why Brady is the greatest of all time. Screw the petty assumptions that people wish they have Brady as their team years ago. 

Alright, my intention is not to be a dick here but I really can't make any sense of most of this so I'll respond to what I understood.  First and foremost, not everyone wishes they had him.  He fits perfectly into the Pats system, but that's the Pats system.  Put him at the helm of Seattle's offense and he would get destroyed, because that's Seattle's system.  A 39 year old immobile pocket passer would die behind Seattle's O-line.

You also mentioned their schedule and there's no debate to be had there.  Facts are facts, and the fact is the Pats had the 2nd easiest schedule this year, last year I think it was 4th or 5th easiest, the year before that, top 5 easiest, the list goes on and on.  A lot of it has to do with their garbage division.  In the 2016 season the 2 best QB's they faced (in the regular season) were Tyrod Taylor and Russell Wilson.  Both guys beat 'em.  Then, they hosted Houston and an injury riddled Steelers in the playoffs... not exactly a murderers row.

I get he's your guy and he's your GOAT, that's cool, I just can't buy into it because I think he's had too much help and never truly had to carry everything himself.  I personally think Aaron Rodgers is better.

Just now, skidmarkgn said:

Alright, my intention is not to be a dick here but I really can't make any sense of most of this so I'll respond to what I understood.  First and foremost, not everyone wishes they had him.  He fits perfectly into the Pats system, but that's the Pats system.  Put him at the helm of Seattle's offense and he would get destroyed, because that's Seattle's system.  A 39 year old immobile pocket passer would die behind Seattle's O-line.

You also mentioned their schedule and there's no debate to be had there.  Facts are facts, and the fact is the Pats had the 2nd easiest schedule this year, last year I think it was 4th or 5th easiest, the year before that, top 5 easiest, the list goes on and on.  A lot of it has to do with their garbage division.  In the 2016 season the 2 best QB's they faced (in the regular season) were Tyrod Taylor and Russell Wilson.  Both guys beat 'em.  Then, they hosted Houston and an injury riddled Steelers in the playoffs... not exactly a murderers row.

I get he's your guy and he's your GOAT, that's cool, I just can't buy into it because I think he's had too much help and never truly had to carry everything himself.  I personally think Aaron Rodgers is better.

Brady isn't a system QB in my opinion. He's talented where he flows of what his abilities to make himself and the team around him great. The o line is a major key part that is to protect the QB where that's supposed to be without getting crushed too much even though at times they've make mistakes so it won't make any differences. 

That ain't their fault if teams of their division or any team's division are trash. Any team can be competitive where it's close. Either any team if they're good or bad, a tough team may lost surprisingly. But pats find ways to win because they're the established team that they know what they are doing, and thanks to of how dumb Earl Thomas made his statement of what he thinks of the pats schedule, Seahawks's division are worse as well. 

I don't really know why you don't think Brady actually carried all over his years.  He showed to you how many times he shows leadership game after game better than most teams out there. Making great plays of himself that ain't careless like Rogers , makes his teammates look good of how he wants it to be  including wide receivers and everyone, and all of the records he has broken shows that he is the best QB of all time that he deserves it so much if you compare other QB's. Simple as that

4 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Brady isn't a system QB in my opinion. He's talented where he flows of what his abilities to make himself and the team around him great. The o line is a major key part that is to protect the QB where that's supposed to be without getting crushed too much even though at times they've make mistakes so it won't make any differences. 

That ain't their fault if teams of their division or any team's division are trash. Any team can be competitive where it's close. Either any team if they're good or bad, a tough team may lost surprisingly. But pats find ways to win because they're the established team that they know what they are doing, and thanks to of how dumb Earl Thomas made his statement of what he thinks of the pats schedule, Seahawks's division are worse as well. 

I don't really know why you don't think Brady actually carried all over his years.  He showed to you how many times he shows leadership game after game better than most teams out there. Making great plays of himself that ain't careless like Rogers , makes his teammates look good of how he wants it to be  including wide receivers and everyone, and all of the records he has broken shows that he is the best QB of all time that he deserves it so much if you compare other QB's. Simple as that

You're never going to convince me, but I do enjoy the discussion.

Anyways, you're right, a weak schedule isn't their fault, but it's still a factor.  From time to time a divisional opponent of theirs will give them a headache but the other 3 AFC East teams are very rarely any good.  And yes, the NFC West was a terrible division this year but as recent as 3 years ago it was the best (a 10 win Cardinals team missed the playoffs because Seattle won 13 and San Fran won 12) and 2 years ago only 1 team was under .500.  The AFC East however has been 3 trash teams (sorry Accasser) and the Pats for years and years and years and New England has benefited from it, there's simply no argument that can dispute that fact.  Earl's comment was also a fact, the Pats had the 2nd easiest regular season schedule this year and their road to the playoffs was against a team in the playoffs (not a playoff team) and a Steelers team that was devastated by injuries, to say he's "dumb" for pointing that out reeks of homerism.

Next, you do know why I don't think Brady has carried a team because I already told you, but, I'll elaborate.  leadership is one thing, carrying a team is another.  Brady has leadership qualities for sure but when has everything fallen on his, and only his, shoulders?  When did he not have a Belichick, a Randy Moss, a #1 defense, a Gronkowski etc. etc.?  Never, that's when.  He's always had a #1 something or somethings supporting him (and no, I don't believe he makes those guys better).  

As for records, he doesn't really hold that many individual QB records.  And if that's the measuring stick then Peyton and Marino should be considered the best ever.

25 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

You're never going to convince me, but I do enjoy the discussion.

Anyways, you're right, a weak schedule isn't their fault, but it's still a factor.  From time to time a divisional opponent of theirs will give them a headache but the other 3 AFC East teams are very rarely any good.  And yes, the NFC West was a terrible division this year but as recent as 3 years ago it was the best (a 10 win Cardinals team missed the playoffs because Seattle won 13 and San Fran won 12) and 2 years ago only 1 team was under .500.  The AFC East however has been 3 trash teams (sorry Accasser) and the Pats for years and years and years and New England has benefited from it, there's simply no argument that can dispute that fact.  Earl's comment was also a fact, the Pats had the 2nd easiest regular season schedule this year and their road to the playoffs was against a team in the playoffs (not a playoff team) and a Steelers team that was devastated by injuries, to say he's "dumb" for pointing that out reeks of homerism.

Next, you do know why I don't think Brady has carried a team because I already told you, but, I'll elaborate.  leadership is one thing, carrying a team is another.  Brady has leadership qualities for sure but when has everything fallen on his, and only his, shoulders?  When did he not have a Belichick, a Randy Moss, a #1 defense, a Gronkowski etc. etc.?  Never, that's when.  He's always had a #1 something or somethings supporting him (and no, I don't believe he makes those guys better).  

As for records, he doesn't really hold that many individual QB records.  And if that's the measuring stick then Peyton and Marino should be considered the best ever.

Even though it is what is of all 32 team's schedule division, it is already has been built of their own strength thanks to how most team manages and can't measure how differently the pats play out. Kind of see how it was true, but I think of him judging that how pats schedule is easy is very judgmental that at the same time even 2016-2017 season their division is consider to be easy. Don't really know how to say it better even though its kind of true, but overall, I say it's whatever that a team's division sets up on what it is like I said earlier that most teams have way more problems facing teams that are well built and know what it takes of facing them either some teams win against a great opponent or lose. It is what it is even though the Seahawks have more problems of Seahawks as a whole.

That's how he actually built and helped make mostly players who haven't made a star into quality players because through the time he built the skills, he actually did carried them no matter if you agree to it or not. That's how a team should need players who have the talent but at the same time has the ethics of pulling great ways to help carry a team for so many times where I say it's a difference where you compare Peyton Manning and others have established players you already know, but before Pats have their own that nobody know until everyone of the pats helped made it better that made their career great for most players.

That's why Brady is still playing NFL because every game he's still showing everyone to prove he's on there to be mentioned of the greats, and based on what I said overall of how in years and years he made the team a great difference, it is true he played extremely hard that it's considered that teamwork is very important and not just a fluke than most teams they are at because they've got the skills to bring the table of working together every year.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

9 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

"elite receiving core"

I have to contest this.  The Patriots have molded players into the type of receivers they want, but aside from a past-prime Moss, Brady has never enjoyed a All-Pro, go-to, top tier wide out. Like Julio Jones. Like Calvin Johnson. Like Andre Johnson, Marvin Harrison, etc., etc.,

What did Deion Branch do after the Pats? Wes Welker? Mind you, these were receivers the Pats developed or found, which they have done again this season. Welker spent time on SD and Miami before shining for NE, then fell off in Denver. 

Chris Hogan? Undrafted. Lacrosse player. Spent five years on four teams before becoming a Patriot.

Julien Edelman? College quarterback. 7th round pick.

Danny Amondola? Undrafted. Drifted through five years on three teams before Pats found him. 

Also, Pats haven't selected a WR in the first round since 1996. 

Brady has made players play better around him.  Patriots coaching staff also gets major credit for finding the specific type of talent that will thrive for them.  Brady's been scrutinized all season, thanks to Goodell, and has he buckled? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

I have to contest this.  The Patriots have molded players into the type of receivers they want, but aside from a past-prime Moss, Brady has never enjoyed a All-Pro, go-to, top tier wide out. Like Julio Jones. Like Calvin Johnson. Like Andre Johnson, Marvin Harrison, etc., etc.,

What did Deion Branch do after the Pats? Wes Welker? Mind you, these were receivers the Pats developed or found, which they have done again this season. Welker spent time on SD and Miami before shining for NE, then fell off in Denver. 

Chris Hogan? Undrafted. Lacrosse player. Spent five years on four teams before becoming a Patriot.

Julien Edelman? College quarterback. 7th round pick.

Danny Amondola? Undrafted. Drifted through five years on three teams before Pats found him. 

Also, Pats haven't selected a WR in the first round since 1996. 

Brady has made players play better around him.  Patriots coaching staff also gets major credit for finding the specific type of talent that will thrive for them.  Brady's been scrutinized all season, thanks to Goodell, and has he buckled? 

*cough* Gronkowski *cough*

And no, he hasn't buckled.  But honestly, what was there to buckle under this season?  The might of the 2nd easiest schedule didn't break him!!  a 4 game suspension where his team went 3-1 (which also supports a number of my claims) didn't break him!!  Having to almost play a good team in the playoffs until the injury bug made the game a joke didn't break him!!  Sorry, not impressed.  I'll concede he's in the hall of greats, Hell, I'll even put him on the Mt. Rushmore of greats but I'll never consider him the GOAT.  Too many asterisks.

Edited by skidmarkgn