National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Well, I was wondering which quarter Seattle would completely melt down in.  Turned out to be the 2nd.  Wouldn't be a Seahawks game if they didn't make it as difficult as possible for themselves.  Defense couldn't get healthy and the offense can't get right.  And with no Britt to boot... pfffft.

By the way, the commentary is being kind of vague so maybe someone here can clear it up, what's the Falcons offense ranked at?

Now Shead and Bennett too.  Can Seattle just throw in the towel and get it over with?

Edited by skidmarkgn

Gut-check time for Pete and Seattle.  I know he has a philosophy of running and defense but the league isn't exactly cooperating with that.  Passing and scoring is what the league wants and Pete may have to just accept that and adapt.  He's got the tools for a great start in the current NFL but he may have to sacrifice some defense to truly compete offensively with the best in the league.  Baldwin's a beast, Wilson's a beast, Lockett's a beast, Richardson's (apparently) a beast, Jimmy would be a beast if Bevell would ever accept the fact he's a receiving tight end, not a freakin' blocker (use Willson for that shit) but it's all moot when you have O-lineman that were playing basketball 2 years ago.  It's time for Cable and Schneider to open their eyes and realize the "projects" on the O-line aren't working and it's severely hurting the team.  

Maybe they'll have to let some defensive guys go.  Yeah, it'll hurt but if you keep your core together and stop putting so much pressure on them to hold teams to under 20 it couldn't hurt that bad right?  It, if anything, seems like it would help the offense reach their potential, which would mean the defense doesn't HAVE to be #1 in scoring every year for the team to stay competitive in the long run... right?  I'm sure it's more complicated than that but if it's obvious to basically everyone who watches football there must be a way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

By the way, the commentary is being kind of vague so maybe someone here can clear it up, what's the Falcons offense ranked at?

Lmfao. Not sure because I don't think they mentioned it specifically. O.o

Everybody root for my Texans. We need all the help we can get and let's be honest, nobody wants to see Tom Brady in another Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Everybody root for my Texans. We need all the help we can get and let's be honest, nobody wants to see Tom Brady in another Super Bowl. 

Houston played about as good as possible in the 1st half and still went into the locker room down by 4, unfortunately, I don't think any amount of help is gonna matter.

23 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Houston played about as good as possible in the 1st half and still went into the locker room down by 4, unfortunately, I don't think any amount of help is gonna matter.

Oh believe me I know. I've been watching all season. But damn would it be nice to make it through. 

And Patriots got the W which I am satisfied from today.  Even though the game was bizarre, as always they find ways which everyone should expect it at this point. On to either Chiefs or Steelers for the Championship game. Knew Texans wouldn't go all the way, but I know they won't slack like last time. 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

12 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

And Patriots got the W which I am satisfied from today.  Even though the game was bizarre, as always they find ways which everyone should expect it at this point. On to either Chiefs or Steelers for the Championship game. Knew Texans wouldn't go all the way, but I know they won't slack like last time. 

Seems like they're stuck in a hole with that MONUMENTAL mistake they made at QB.  I don't know what their cap situation is but the $$$ they payed to get a average/beloew average Osweiler can't be helping.

58 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Seems like they're stuck in a hole with that MONUMENTAL mistake they made at QB.  I don't know what their cap situation is but the $$$ they payed to get a average/beloew average Osweiler can't be helping.

I wish I was lossweiler. Getting a Super Bowl ring for doing basically nothing, then getting paid 18 mil a year for again doing nothing. Must be quite the life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kubanga said:

I wish I was lossweiler. Getting a Super Bowl ring for doing basically nothing, then getting paid 18 mil a year for again doing nothing. Must be quite the life.

Luckily lossweiler wasn't living in the savage life where not only he played like garbage, but the million cash of brilliance chosed the way of being a better savage. Way to go Texans organization;)

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

Lossweiler, lol.

The main problem with our organization is how much power our GM has. The owner says we need a QB, and instead of talking to the coach to find a reasonable solition, the GM went and pulled the trigger on that deal, which O'Brian didn't support in the slightest. 

You look at the coaches who are truly successful year after year, and they all have a lot of pull (or all of it) on who gets drafted / traded for / or picked up. Its like these coaches who get hired to shit teams, stuck with a bad roster, and aren't allowed to make any changes that would help the team.

It's like the 2-14 year the Texans had. Not once all year did a quarterback go out and change a play. I don't know if that was Schaub not taking control or Kubiak not giving it away, and that part of it doesn't really matter. If the guy in charge of winning the game doesn't have the power to change things bad stuff happens, no matter the level in the organization. 

Houston's problem with Brock Osweiler is that his contract for next season is fully guaranteed; therefore, not only is there no salary cap benefit to cutting him but the acceleration of his signing bonus would hurt the team a fair amount.  So he's around for next season barring a trade where Houston would undoubtedly have to pay another team to take him on.  Maybe Cleveland would do it for a high enough draft pick, but would the Texans really part with a pretty good asset just to get out from under a terrible deal?

And it's not like Tom Savage lit the world on fire enough that anybody should be comfortable with him going into 2017 as Houston's starting QB.  (Unless you're Indianapolis, Tennessee, or Jacksonville.)  So in addition to paying Osweiler to go away, they'd probably have to pay a fair amount -- either on the UFA market or a draft pick -- to get another guy to play QB.

Sorry Houston, it sucks to be you.  But take heart:  it sucks to be any number of teams with crummy QB situations right now.... and it's possible that they (Houston) could get a veteran stopgap QB on the cheap if they're patient this offseason, what with the number of guys who are going to be out there.