National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

To be fair, Peyton thrived under John Fox. My problem with him wasn't offensive playcalling, but his ridiculous conservative defense. By the time of Kubiak, Peyton was broken down, having just enough in the tank...to outplay Brady in their final duel. :lol:

I was referring to Gary Kubiac.  last year, he thought it would be a great idea to have peyton under center and also doing lots of rollouts, which was not Peyton's game and he was awful.  When he started let peyton play his game more, he was much better.

7 hours ago, dmsleight said:

I can tell that your not a native English speaker, so I will help you out.  I said they missed the playoffs once since 2003.  That means starting in 2003 until this moment, they have missed one time.  The 2008 season is the one time I was referring to in my statement.

I know, its a language issue, so don't sweat it.

Not a big deal of the language which is very played out and dumb how people judge it no matter who knows the language. Either way, it's fine man. Plus people seem to forget that phone keyboard screws up the way I typed since I always use the site on my smartphone. 

Oh, my bad. Kind of thought the other way where I see it now on what you meant. 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

12 hours ago, Rocko said:

The MN media has been picking up on hints on this from the Vikings. Even before the season started. Some journalists were second-guessing trading a first-round pick for one year of Bradford and team officials "off the record" stated Bridgewater may miss more than one and his career might even be finished.  

I guess it was a horrific injury for those that saw. Viking players were in tears. Even crazier that it happened on non-contact drills. It reminds me of the New England RB who shredded his knee, while playing charity beach flag football during the Pro Bowl weekend.  I'm blanking on the name, anyone remember? 

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

The MN media has been picking up on hints on this from the Vikings. Even before the season started. Some journalists were second-guessing trading a first-round pick for one year of Bradford and team officials "off the record" stated Bridgewater may miss more than one and his career might even be finished.  

I guess it was a horrific injury for those that saw. Viking players were in tears. Even crazier that it happened on non-contact drills. It reminds me of the New England RB who shredded his knee, while playing charity beach flag football during the Pro Bowl weekend.  I'm blanking on the name, anyone remember? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Edwards_(gridiron_football). This is who your thinking of 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Any thoughts on QB movements?

Garoppolo to the Bears (maybe Browns) and if Romo is released hes picked up by chiefs?  Or Traded?  Houston and Cardinals seem likely.

I can see Romo going to te Bears if he doesn't stay with Dallas and Garoppolo to the Browns I can see, though patriots would want some decent stuff for him 

35 minutes ago, Rocko said:

I can see Romo going to te Bears if he doesn't stay with Dallas and Garoppolo to the Browns I can see, though patriots would want some decent stuff for him 

Yeah, Pats are going to make out on him, just like they did with cassel.  Browns would morgage the next 3-5 years too.

5 hours ago, Rocko said:

4 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Yeah, Pats are going to make out on him, just like they did with cassel.  Browns would morgage the next 3-5 years too.

The Patsies always find a willing buyer for this stuff. It's amazing.

8 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Yeah, Pats are going to make out on him

Some desperate team WAY overpays for a backup QB, immediately discovers why he was a backup QB and, once again, the Pats win (which means the universe becomes a darker, uglier place)... ugh.  I don't know, is there something in that equation that I'm missing that people who actually make these decisions can see?

15 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Some desperate team WAY overpays for a backup QB, immediately discovers why he was a backup QB and, once again, the Pats win (which means the universe becomes a darker, uglier place)... ugh.  I don't know, is there something in that equation that I'm missing that people who actually make these decisions can see?

Either by pure talent, or teams that they don't see of players and pay them too much money tends to be why most players are washed up, not of the pats which is why they have great players in order to be successful. Main key here

Here is the full list of winners:

» FedEx Air & Ground Players of the Year: Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons; Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys
» AP Offensive Rookie of the Year: Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
» AP Offensive Player of the Year presented by Microsoft:  Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
» Built Ford Tough Offensive Line of the Year: Dallas Cowboys
» Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award: Frank Gore, Indianapolis Colts
» Salute To Service Award Presented by USAA: Dan Quinn, Falcons
» Castrol EDGE Clutch Performer of the Year: Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders
» AP Assistant Coach of the Year: Kyle Shanahan, Atlanta Falcons
» AP Coach of the Year: Jason Garrett, Dallas Cowboys
» AP Defensive Rookie of the Year: Joey Bosa, Los Angeles Chargers
» Courtyard's "Greatness on the Road" Award: Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers
» AP Defensive Player of the Year presented by Old Spice: Khalil Mack, Oakland Raiders
» Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2017: LaDainian Tomlinson, Morten Andersen, Jason Taylor, Kenny Easley, Jerry Jones, Terrell Davis, Kurt Warner
» AP Comeback Player of the Year presented by McDonald's: Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
» Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year presented by Nationwide: Eli Manning, New York Giants; Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
» Bridgestone Performance Play of the Year: Buccaneers wideout Mike Evans' one-handed catch against the Falcons
» AP Most Valuable Player: Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

Well, I'm ok with most of the winners, but I really can't understand the coach of the year to Garrett... I mean, are you kidding me? One and done, outcoached by GB's staff in that game, did nothing special during the season... Someone like Quinn totally deserved before him.

2 hours ago, Zio_Sam87 said:

Here is the full list of winners:

» FedEx Air & Ground Players of the Year: Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons; Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys
» AP Offensive Rookie of the Year: Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
» AP Offensive Player of the Year presented by Microsoft:  Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
» Built Ford Tough Offensive Line of the Year: Dallas Cowboys
» Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award: Frank Gore, Indianapolis Colts
» Salute To Service Award Presented by USAA: Dan Quinn, Falcons
» Castrol EDGE Clutch Performer of the Year: Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders
» AP Assistant Coach of the Year: Kyle Shanahan, Atlanta Falcons
» AP Coach of the Year: Jason Garrett, Dallas Cowboys
» AP Defensive Rookie of the Year: Joey Bosa, Los Angeles Chargers
» Courtyard's "Greatness on the Road" Award: Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers
» AP Defensive Player of the Year presented by Old Spice: Khalil Mack, Oakland Raiders
» Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2017: LaDainian Tomlinson, Morten Andersen, Jason Taylor, Kenny Easley, Jerry Jones, Terrell Davis, Kurt Warner
» AP Comeback Player of the Year presented by McDonald's: Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
» Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year presented by Nationwide: Eli Manning, New York Giants; Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
» Bridgestone Performance Play of the Year: Buccaneers wideout Mike Evans' one-handed catch against the Falcons
» AP Most Valuable Player: Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

Well, I'm ok with most of the winners, but I really can't understand the coach of the year to Garrett... I mean, are you kidding me? One and done, outcoached by GB's staff in that game, did nothing special during the season... Someone like Quinn totally deserved before him.

he did go 13-3 with a rookie qb, which me being a fan of the team did not expect like many others

I kind of like Del Rio for COTY.  The Raiders have floundered for a long time. Del (and Carr) sure righted the ship this year.  The last game of the season kind took them out of consideration.

A side thought on the MVP... If your team goes 3-1 with your back up and then his back up, and looks pretty strong against decent competition (2 playoff teams and 2 near playoff teams), how can you really be an MVP candidate?  Not a knock at all!  But if your team looks playoff bound without you... ?

9 hours ago, Rocko said:

he did go 13-3 with a rookie qb, which me being a fan of the team did not expect like many others

Yeah he did go 13-3... before one and done.

Who expected the Falcons to the SB? Who expected the Raiders to the playoff (and who knows if Carr did not injure)?