National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

I'll throw in here.

I think that OL is the most important part of an offense.  It can make/brake RBs/QBs.  An average QB can be a star and a star can be average (but some players are athletic enough to mitigate some OL incompetence).

On that note, Brady has almost always benefited from great protection.  Though they have had good RBs, they have also had to scrape from the bottom of the barrel for RBs and they still have done great!  Why?  OL!  A bum like Cassle can look like a star with Pats' OL.  And their two nobodies this year looked like starters.  I bet you they go almost anywhere else, they will tumble like Cassel.  Rememeber when people thought that Brady was washed up and done?  His OL was a mess and he was getting no protection.  Brady is a great QB, but you give him an average or worse OL, and he is Eli Manning/Flacco. 

I agree with others about Belichick too.  Your head coach can make all the difference and inept leadership has crushed the careers of so many potential starting qbs. For example, look at Ryan, last year he took huge strides back because his coach pigeon holled him (then look at him before last year and now). Same with Peyton getting boxed in a coaches ignorant system in Denver.  A good coach finds the best way to use his players (and/or gets players that fit their model).  Your average coach will develop his own system and force players fit their system.  There is a reason some teams win year after year.

I also agree with Pats' division.  They have missed the playoffs once since 2003.  They are almost never fighting for the division.  The Bills' organization is a complete mess.  The jets aren't much different. And Miami can never put a full season together (they almost did this year).  They either start implode early or late and have a strong other half.

Is that Brady's fault? No!  Does it matter? No!  If Goliath defeats David, does that say ANYTHING about Goliath and his ability?  Not really!  If you put Pats in the North, they don't make the playoffs every year.  Brady has to face real teams and real defenses and then you find out if Goliath deserves to be the goat.  Brady is great? yes.  Goat?  I think a lot of Flaccos and Alex Smiths would look like goats contenders playing for the 2000-2016 Pats.  Would they look as great great as Brady?  Maybe not.  But I am sure some others would, and maybe be even greater!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dmsleight said:

I also agree with Pats' division.  They have missed the playoffs once since 2003.  They are almost never fighting for the division.  The Bills' organization is a complete mess.  The jets aren't much different. And Miami can never put a full season together (they almost did this year).  They either start implode early or late and have a strong other half.

Is that Brady's fault? No!  Does it matter? No!  If Goliath defeats David, does that say ANYTHING about Goliath and his ability?  Not really!  If you put Pats in the North, they don't make the playoffs every year.  Brady has to face real teams and real defenses and then you find out if Goliath deserves to be the goat.  Brady is great? yes.  Goat?  I think a lot of Flaccos and Alex Smiths would look like goats contenders playing for the 2000-2016 Pats.  Would they look as great great as Brady?  Maybe not.  But I am sure some others would, and maybe be even greater!

You mean 2008 they've missed the playoffs? Probably a mistake you forgot to mention. 

Even though pats's division is weak, people forget that Brady has face enough deserving teams that are way better than their division where once again, I have to came back to that statement completely false of Earl because Brady has face tough enough battles in his life to even consider to become GOAT. The trend itself goat is also true and should also be respectable of how Brady has done that I still see it being as ridiculous if they still don't think he is that. 

There are other QB's that are also great as well that should mention,  but not as hard determined and still more hungier to play football he loves so much that he's enjoying every moment of it that he'll reflect the years how he has broken the all time great's records. 

8 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

*cough* Gronkowski *cough*

And no, he hasn't buckled.  But honestly, what was there to buckle under this season?  The might of the 2nd easiest schedule didn't break him!!  a 4 game suspension where his team went 3-1 (which also supports a number of my claims) didn't break him!!  Having to almost play a good team in the playoffs until the injury bug made the game a joke didn't break him!!  Sorry, not impressed.  I'll concede he's in the hall of greats, Hell, I'll even put him on the Mt. Rushmore of greats but I'll never consider him the GOAT.  Too many asterisks.

Gronk was the 42nd pick in the draft.  He had a career total 75 catches in his entire collegiate career.  Pats scouts could see what the other NFL scouts couldn't.  He wasnt even the first TE selected in that draft. 

I have no respect for brady as an athlete when he has flopped for flags in the past and still whines for them now if he's barely touched by an opposing player. However, I think this should be an interesting match-up between the 2 teams and hopefully nothing fishy happens like with the steelers hotel fire alarm being set off by a pats fan

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I have no respect for brady as an athlete when he has flopped for flags in the past and still whines for them now if he's barely touched by an opposing player. However, I think this should be an interesting match-up between the 2 teams and hopefully nothing fishy happens like with the steelers hotel fire alarm being set off by a pats fan

yeah that fire alarm shenanigans had to be set up by the pats or their fans just to make sure the pats win. GO FALCONS!

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Gronk was the 42nd pick in the draft.  He had a career total 75 catches in his entire collegiate career.  Pats scouts could see what the other NFL scouts couldn't.  He wasnt even the first TE selected in that draft. 

Yes they did, but that's not my point.  Is he or is he not the best TE in football?  Is he or is he not Brady's absolute go to guy?  Does his presence make Brady's life much much easier?

7 hours ago, dmsleight said:

Nope. read again!

...Then again, your writing is confusing, so maybe I don't understand what you are trying to say.

I don't think they've missed the playoffs on 2003 where I just checked online of Google and the team was on there. Only on 2008 they missed the playoffs once not 2003

That's how I typed the exact words of what I say. 

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Rethink of what you said where I guess you forgot that Cam Newton is a huge complainer of things that he think it should be call for flags than Brady. 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

I wouldn't mind seeing what Brady would do if he was in a place like buffalo where they a get a new coach every 2 years. Brady is good because he's been in the same offense with the same head coach for 15 years. Go and put any other qb in that situation and watch how good he does every year. Is Brady great? Sure, but the best ever? Fuck no. He reminds me of someone like Tim Duncan who played with the same coach for 20 years and won championships. Was he great? Yup. Best ever? Nope. Both were great because of them being in good situations with the best coaches ever in each sport (Pop in the NBA and Belichick in the NFL) 

39 minutes ago, Kubanga said:

I wouldn't mind seeing what Brady would do if he was in a place like buffalo where they a get a new coach every 2 years. Brady is good because he's been in the same offense with the same head coach for 15 years. Go and put any other qb in that situation and watch how good he does every year. Is Brady great? Sure, but the best ever? Fuck no. He reminds me of someone like Tim Duncan who played with the same coach for 20 years and won championships. Was he great? Yup. Best ever? Nope. Both were great because of them being in good situations with the best coaches ever in each sport (Pop in the NBA and Belichick in the NFL) 

Similar situation of how both of them are great, but way different abilities that Brady and Duncan has. Brady would still do well that I don't think it's fair if you think he ain't the best just because it'll be a possibility of what if Duncan and Brady switched teams. The comparison is a little off I think only by different parts of how they play efficiency that both of them are definitely the greatest of all time no matter what

1 hour ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

I don't think they've missed the playoffs on 2003 where I just checked online of Google and the team was on there. Only on 2008 they missed the playoffs once not 2003

Rethink of what you said where I guess you forgot that Cam Newton is a huge complainer of things that he think it should be call for flags than Brady. 

I never mentioned cam newton, but he's only been doing it for 2-3 years now, especially that temper tantrum in the super bowl. Tom Brady has been acting like a gigantic baby for 10+ years now, I don't respect that in any sport. NBA is just as bad as is soccer. It just stands out more when supposed hall of famers start acting like it too

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I never mentioned cam newton, but he's only been doing it for 2-3 years now, especially that temper tantrum in the super bowl. Tom Brady has been acting like a gigantic baby for 10+ years now, I don't respect that in any sport. NBA is just as bad as is soccer. It just stands out more when supposed hall of famers start acting like it too

Brady isn't a giant crybaby where that is just ridiculous. If you haven't seen of how you compare of Newton does it and then you think Brady is like that every time, then you're wrong. Even Martellus Bennett made a great statement about Brady of people who hate on him doesn't see that he isn't petty like Newton was. Wish I could find the photo of what he says, but it says exactly when he gets tackled a lot, or mentions something is wrong, he doesn't throw a fit of how you judge him being a crybaby which is too dumb, and a hater of Brady handling his emotions way better than players of what they done. Plus even Bennett also mentioned that Brady stands up from the brutal hits he's gotten, but not suffer way more excuses that I could point out why Newton is worse if you want to know. Doesn't matter if his career got started already, you're there to play football not act emotional every game. Players may get mad at things if something doesn't right it happened, but difference is they control their emotions, have a talk of how to improve of the game, and bring all of the emotions of thriving the sport. 

Maybe that's why even people don't watch football as much can't assume of how great a team is that winners focus on winning losers focus on winners because fans or casual fanbase just jealous that they can't be excellent. 

49 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Brady isn't a giant crybaby where that is just ridiculous. If you haven't seen of how you compare of Newton does it and then you think Brady is like that every time, then you're wrong. Even Martellus Bennett made a great statement about Brady of people who hate on him doesn't see that he isn't petty like Newton was. Wish I could find the photo of what he says, but it says exactly when he gets tackled a lot, or mentions something is wrong, he doesn't throw a fit of how you judge him being a crybaby which is too dumb, and a hater of Brady handling his emotions way better than players of what they done. Plus even Bennett also mentioned that Brady stands up from the brutal hits he's gotten, but not suffer way more excuses that I could point out why Newton is worse if you want to know. Doesn't matter if his career got started already, you're there to play football not act emotional every game. Players may get mad at things if something doesn't right it happened, but difference is they control their emotions, have a talk of how to improve of the game, and bring all of the emotions of thriving the sport. 

Maybe that's why even people don't watch football as much can't assume of how great a team is that winners focus on winning losers focus on winners because fans or casual fanbase just jealous that they can't be excellent. 

I have no reason to ever be jealous of a team that has been caught cheating twice now. Either way before this goes on a long tirade, how does everyone feel about the halftime show for this year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I have no reason to ever be jealous of a team that has been caught cheating twice now. Either way before this goes on a long tirade, how does everyone feel about the halftime show for this year?

No evidence where that's a hater statement even that's a another lame excuse that you previously heard being a lie. Still is consider to be jealous if you still talking about it that even your favorite team ain't doing so well maintained either you have in Iraq not. Laughable this is. 

Brady is once again the GOAT at the end of the day. It's the haters that don't appreciate where that's why you and everyone don't understand the Patriots language and great ethics they have. Same ol hater talk that it's still pathetic that they bring the lamest excuses all the time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

No evidence where that's a hater statement even that's a another lame excuse that you previously heard being a lie. Still is consider to be jealous if you still talking about it that even your favorite team ain't doing so well maintained either you have in Iraq not. Laughable this is. 

Brady is once again the GOAT at the end of the day. It's the haters that don't appreciate where that's why you and everyone don't understand the Patriots language and great ethics they have. Same ol hater talk that it's still pathetic that they bring the lamest excuses all the time

It's just a game, I have no reason to ever get emotionally invested in it. I'm a "hater" because I hate cheaters. You may claim that there was no evidence, but NFL investigations claim otherwise. Instead of trying to dismiss cheating allegations, even patriots fans make them worse by setting off fire alarms in the opposing team hotel to get a clear advantage.

3 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

the patriots are historically a cheating team from spygate (Patriots were fined over $750K for it, it's a true fact look it up [$500K to the coach and the patriots $250K]) to deflate gate and now firealarm gate. Also Brady is notoriously a cry baby.

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

36 minutes ago, Qu1ck57r1k3 said:

the patriots are historically a cheating team from spygate (Patriots were fined over $750K for it, it's a true fact look it up [$500K to the coach and the patriots $250K]) to deflate gate and now firealarm gate. Also Brady is notoriously a cry baby.

Still don't believe the that fact where even the alarm is total bullshit excuse where yet again y'all make up ways that annoys you personally. 

37 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's just a game, I have no reason to ever get emotionally invested in it. I'm a "hater" because I hate cheaters. You may claim that there was no evidence, but NFL investigations claim otherwise. Instead of trying to dismiss cheating allegations, even patriots fans make them worse by setting off fire alarms in the opposing team hotel to get a clear advantage.

They didn't even did the alarm shit either where that also didn't effect the game just because of the result. Look more of evidence and quit judging of those lame excuses every time filled either hate. 

Yall something else where I totally see why people hate when people are true winners while people already bitching out of these lame excuses, I'm glad to be a pats fan because of all of those tears are so dumb even keep on responding of that crap, lol. People be butthurt over the simplest things that aren't true because we keep on winning. Never look more if the other side of rumors these days that I don't get why people always pulling a blame game that aren't even accused of heat they did as well just because of noise without other evidence just like ESPN apologize to wrong information of report. Screw all of that see the photo below of the simple fact that once again, haters are whiners. 

16266085_10208058410727504_9162033063895582618_n.jpg

8 hours ago, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

Just a suggestion, shouldn't we make another thread for this?

Its 2017, not 2015 

I already brought this up when the season started.  I suggested the title just gets changed to the "NFL thread" but only the OP or a mod can do that.  The OP'er has been MIA since his opening post so I put in a PM request to a couple of mods and the big cheese himself.  There was no response from anyone.

16 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

I can tell that your not a native English speaker, so I will help you out.  I said they missed the playoffs once since 2003.  That means starting in 2003 until this moment, they have missed one time.  The 2008 season is the one time I was referring to in my statement.

I know, its a language issue, so don't sweat it.

So, this thread really went on the Brady GOAT track, which is too bad. It's hard to denigrate Brady, particularly since 2005, when he really started carrying his team.

So, in another vein, here's a crazy stat (and apologies if someone mentioned it before): in 13 of the 14 seasons from 2003-2016, the AFC SB participant has had one of three QBs: Brady (6), Manning (4), Roethlisberger (3).

(And Flacco should be thanking the idiocy of John Fox for his appearance.)

On 1/24/2017 at 1:44 AM, dmsleight said:

Same with Peyton getting boxed in a coaches ignorant system in Denver.  A good coach finds the best way to use his players (and/or gets players that fit their model).  Your average coach will develop his own system and force players fit their system.  There is a reason some teams win year after year.

To be fair, Peyton thrived under John Fox. My problem with him wasn't offensive playcalling, but his ridiculous conservative defense. By the time of Kubiak, Peyton was broken down, having just enough in the tank...to outplay Brady in their final duel. :lol: