National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Wow, are the Falcons really going to choke this one away.  Honestly, how many times are they going to blow an opportunity to just end the damn game.  4th down stop woulda done it.  Nope.  Onside kick in good field position.  Nope.  In field goal range to make it a 2 score game with only 5 minutes left.  Nope.  Starting to get the "Atlanta deserves to lose this damn game" feeling watching this 4th quarter meltdown.

This is Stunning, Tom Brady just wow how you tied it.

first ever OT in superbowl :D 

p.s so much better then Superbowl 50 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Falcons blew that 

Tom Brady now confirms for me he's the G.O.A.T 

Edited by Rocko
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Falcons fans have to be furious about the missed facemask on the holding call that pushed them back from field goal range.  It gets called and the penalties cancel out and the Falcons (most likely) get their field goal try.  It was such an obvious foul too.

Atlanta got a couple of breaks from the referees, too.  Maybe they got hosed here, but I hate the notion that you blame one play or one missed call (like this one) when the team as a whole set a new standard for postseason chokery.  There's no good reason why the game should have even been that close at that point.  When you cough up a 25-point lead, it's on your team for fucking it up, not on the referee for one call.

As for me?  I didn't have a dog in this particular fight, because my disdain for the Patriots generally gets cancelled out by my rooting for the AFC in the Super Bowl.  I'm plenty happy that James White had a whale of a game, because he's a good ol' University of Wisconsin guy and I root for them no matter where they're playing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Falcons fans have to be furious about the missed facemask on the holding call that pushed them back from field goal range.  It gets called and the penalties cancel out and the Falcons (most likely) get their field goal try.  It was such an obvious foul too.

Yeah, but the Falcons receiver would also have needed to be called as he pulled the defenders helmet right off. 2 missed calls there, so they would have offset, leaving the holding penalty stand.

This wasn't decided by the refs. Good game. Great comeback. Falcons just didn't have that extra gear.

Love my Patriots getting that 5th ring that now the haters are crying that they can't achieve greatness that people still don't get that the team itself is a great dynasty! Love this soo much haha!

This is why the team achieves greatness of things like this every freaking year where win or lose, I would always appreciate the New England Patriots!

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

1 minute ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Love my PAtriots getting that 5th ring that now the haters are crying that they can't achieve greatness that people still don't get that the team itself is a great dynasty! Love this soo much haha!

Don't worry when Brady retires the pats will be irrelevant like they were for the 30 years before Brady got there so you better enjoy it now.

Just now, Kubanga said:

Don't worry when Brady retires the pats will be irrelevant like they were for the 30 years before Brady got there so you better enjoy it now.

They won't be relevant where they still consider to be the best team that would be announced of how excellent the dyansty is.. Too much haters on this website.

They won't be relevant where they still consider to be the best team that would be announced of how excellent the dyansty is.. Too much haters on this website.

Lmao yeah they will be irrelevant cause they'll suck. You will be the Steelers or Lakers of the future " we suck now but remember when we won those championships" 

1 minute ago, Kubanga said:

Lmao yeah they will be irrelevant cause they'll suck. You will be the Steelers or Lakers of the future " we suck now but remember when we won those championships" 

Not exactly where pretty much y'all hate that those are the facts they made history just because your favorite team doesn't make the list. Still revelant no matter what of their past accomplishments. Haters gonna hate :P:P:P:P

Either put it the rings of accomplishments that made history of records, or shut up and still be jealous that they still get represent of how much a team should look like if you want success.

Love my team so much ^_^

Not exactly where pretty much y'all hate that those are the facts they made history just because your favorite team doesn't make the list. Still revelant no matter what of their past accomplishments. Haters gonna hate :P:P:P:P

Or you'll be like how the Cowboys have been since our last Super Bowl win

Just now, Superstarmaste1r said:

Lol you pats fans are funny. I could care less. My cubs just won a world series and my Lakers have 16 chips (even though they suck now) although a better comparison for the pats would be the 90s bulls when one player won all of the championships because of one player then were destined to never win a championship again. Don't worry though I'm sure you'll bandwagon another team when the pats start to suck. That seems like the sort of fan you are.

Yeah, but I don't show or brag much of how y'all make fun of teams that cheat where at least other teams have won championships than your favorite team. Accept greatness

Lmao I was one of the people that said Deflategate was bullshit, but use that excuse against me anyways. Ill accept that the pats won 5 super bowls in Tom Brady's career only to never win another.

2 minutes ago, Kubanga said:

Lmao I was one of the people that said Deflategate was bullshit, but use that excuse against me anyways. Ill accept that the pats won 5 super bowls in Tom Brady's career only to never win another.

Same to other teams that requires sportmanship where still people would still hate on anything that rather people don't want them to succeed that I'm enjoying every moment of how they still the greatest team on earth.

Overall, y'all wish your favorite fl team has those success where it's far better than  most haters bitching on so many things that Patriots does right while haters does things wrong. Go figure.

Same to other teams that requires sportmanship where still people would still hate on anything that rather people don't want them to succeed that I'm enjoying every moment of how they still the greatest team on earth.

Last I checked the Yankees were the greatest team on earth considering they have the most chips of anybody but go on.