Have you ever met anyone famous?

StewartBros

I met Marky Ramone, but that's about it. My dad has met Tom Brady, Stephen Knight, the guy who does the voice of Optimus Prime, and Shaq from banking.

*King not knight

Also my Fajah has talked to Steven Spielberg, and has seen Whitey Bulger at a bar. 

This is a bizarre story, but Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean, Blackadder, Johnny English) owes my Dad £20. I'll elaborate...

When I was about 12 years old, one of my Dad's old bosses invited us to Silverstone for a classic car meet where he was taking part in one of the races. We were chilling out in said bosses Winnebago, minding our own business when in walks Mr. Bean himself. Anyone who knows anything about Rowan Atkinson knows he's a massive petrolhead and he was there taking part in one of the races as well.

Anyway, him, my Dad and his boss, who Atkinson knew, got chatting while I sat there completely starstruck. Eventually, he revealed the reason he was there is because he needed some cash (something to do with an admin fee, if I remember correctly) and he didn't have any on him. My Dad, being a massive Blackadder fan, whipped out his wallet and thrust a couple of notes at him. Atkinson gratefully took the money, shook hands with Dad, boss and myself and left. We never saw him again.

I've also met a few footballers (John Barnes, Glenn Hoddle, Stuart Pierce, Ozzie Ardiles) but those encounters weren't nearly as interesting.

• Like 1

Only famous person I met was the wrestler Spike Dudley. He apparently grew up where I live and he probably went to my elementary school because he visited us in 2002 IIRC. We all got autographs (which I lost) and we got to hold a belt he had (I think he was European champion at the time) The belt was pretty heavy!

I've never met anyone really famous before, though I had one friend who met Magic Johnson in a hotel elevator. He said he was like "Holy, ef! You're Magic Johnson!!!" Magic Johnson was like "Yeah, that's how they all react." He didn't get a picture or autograph because he was just out getting ice for a sec!

Had another friend see (not actually meet) Andrew Luck at an Awolnation concert. I was pretty jealous because he's my favorite player.

I met the members of Jump 5 when I was younger (can't remember how old I was). They had some small concert at our church. I was right up front to see them in all their poppy glory. :P

I never met him, but my dad use to train Mark Walberg before I was born. (Fitness trainer, not in acting lol)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't met anyone super famous, but I've met someone whos been on tv a lot in Norway (mostly christian tv shows). My teacher however saw the vocalist in my favorite band(!) shop at IKEA, and you can I guess that I was f*cking jealous. It ain't impossible for me either to bump into him as he lives in my neighbour city (yeah city, not town. One of Norways biggest). Really hope I meet that bastard one day.

I used to work in the Media industry so yes, I worked with famous people, Australian famous that is. After leaving and pursuing an I.T career I worked with and ex "Home and away" and an ex "Neighbours" person, I think only the British watch these shows, or not ;) . And one of my childhood friends was in an Australian kids show for every season. A famous Australian criminal blew my closest friends fathers brains out with a shotgun.

After working in the media industry, it deadens the excitement receptors of meeting famous people.