Have you ever met anyone famous?

StewartBros

Just like the title says, let us know if you've ever been able to meet anyone famous.  Actors, singers, whoever you happen to have encountered.

Suppose I'll get the ball rolling!  Since I've been to a few film conventions, I've been able to meet a number of actors and other stars, many of whom I've gotten a photo with or asked them to sign something.  These include the following....

Stan Lee (creator of Marvel Comics, as if you didn't know! :P)

Carl Weathers (Rocky movies)

Michael Madsen

Michael Biehn (The Terminator, Aliens)

Summer Glau (Firefly, Serenity)

Kelly Hu (X-Men 2, Cradle 2 The Grave)

Tyler Mane (X-Men)

Dirk Benedict (The A-Team)

Sigourney Weaver

Neve Campbell (Scream movies)

Jeff East (Superman: The Movie)

Marc McClure (the Superman movies)

Zach Galligan (Gremlins)

Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Claudia Wells, James Tolkan and Harry Waters Jr (Back To The Future)

I met John Hannah as well once, when he walked into my old workplace one day.  I appeared in the music video Am I The Only One, by Leo Ihenacho (aka Leo The Lion), who has performed with The Streets and Kylie Minogue.  Finally, in 2005 I was cast as an extra in the movie The Jacket, so I got to (briefly) meet Adrien Brody, Keira Knightley, Kris Kristofferson and Daniel Craig!

Whew, I actually didn't realise there were so many people to list!  Ok, now let's hear who you've met. :)

• Like 4

Sean Schemmel (English voice actor of Goku), 

William Salyers (voice actor of Rigby from Regular Show)

Roger L. Jackson (voice actor of Ghostface in the Scream movie series, voice actor of Mojo Jojo from The Powerpuff Girls)

Jason Spisak (voice actor of Razer from the animated Green Lantern series)

Met them at one of New Zealand's Armageddon Expo's last year and got their signatures with the addition of "To Skyes" on it with the exception of William Salyers who wrote "Don't blame me! Skyes did it!"  B)

Had the opportunity to meet Richard Dean Anderson while there too but the line was so long

• Like 3

I have an autograph book somewhere. In it, I have autographs from Goofy, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie, Tic & Tac (the French names for Chip & Dale), and Donald.

Sure, it was at Disneyland Paris. So what?

Serious answer: I met Thieryy Henry once. I don't follow football, so I had no idea who he was. Just bumped into him in a clothing store in Dubai. I apologised, then my little brother and my dad were all like: "Do you know who that was? That was Tierry Henry!" I still didn't know who he was...

Yes, but too many to list. I used to attend film premieres in London often. To name a few:

Jennifer Aniston, Gerard Butler, Zac Efron ( <3), Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Stanley Tucci, Daniel Craig, Prince William, and maaaaaany more.

I would really love to meet Jon Hamm!

Edited by Beeinhollywood
  • Like 1

Only "famous" person I've met is Jason Danzelman. Lead singer of a group called Verses - Check em out :) Got ma CD signed by him too, nice guy :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Z6jS4x5bw&app=desktop

I have an autograph book somewhere. In it, I have autographs from Goofy, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie, Tic & Tac (the French names for Chip & Dale), and Donald.

Sure, it was at Disneyland Paris. So what?

Serious answer: I met Thieryy Henry once. I don't follow football, so I had no idea who he was. Just bumped into him in a clothing store in Dubai. I apologised, then my little brother and my dad were all like: "Do you know who that was? That was Tierry Henry!" I still didn't know who he was...

OMG BRO!!!! Titi is a legend amongst Arsenal (football) fans ;_;

Edited by Max

The most famous people I met were 2 developers from God of War 2. I met them in the train from England to Belgium where I heard 2 people talking about Greek mythology, Kratos, and how to improve development. They were on a business trip to Germany and we talked about the games and they were teasing God of War 3 so much up to the point that I wanted to pull my hair out. When it was time for me to go, they gave me their business card and told me to mail them and they'd send me trailers and stuff when it was ready for the general public.

Arnold Schwarzenegger. He's a lot shorter than you would expect.

Michael J. Fox before the Parkinson's really set in. You know that scene at the end of Back to the Future 3 where the Delorean returns to the present on a set of tracks behind a residential neighborhood? I used to live there.

My dad and I once flipped off George W. Bush's motorcade as it passed through the Lincoln Memorial traffic circle. We were alone on the sidewalk so it's not like he wouldn't have seen us if he was looking in that direction.

Bill Clinton after he left office. He has a way of making you feel like the center of the universe when he talks to you. What I'm saying is that he's very charismatic, regardless of what you think about his policies.

I once met Senator Harry Reid of Nevada while he was the Senate majority leader, he's every bit the douche people accuse him of being.

• Like 2

I get that he is (was?) a big deal. He was just hanging out with his kids. Good that he was able to do that without security and what-have-you. I'd imagine that he'd be mobbed if he did that in the UK.

Haha you're probably right xD

Mark Lowry (singer, comedian)

Sean Curran (lead singer of the band Bellarive)

Ray Romano (comedian and actor)

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) - I nearly had a heart attack when I met him. Dan is my HERO <3

Benjamin Burnley (lead singer of Breaking Benjamin)

George Clooney (Gravity) - this one was completely by accident. I was walking out of a supermarket and accidently ran into him. When I realized who I had run into, I had a near panic attack. He was very sweet about it xD

Edited by AnimeDreama
  • Like 1

Let's see I've seen Heavy D (when I was a kid in New York), John Cleese (in a Norwegian airport), Lanaa Nathan (at House of Fraser. I even got her autograph), Anna Wintour (saw her drive by in London), and Mary Greenwell (make up artist to celebrities-does she count?).

Michael J. Fox before the Parkinson's really set in. You know that scene at the end of Back to the Future 3 where the Delorean returns to the present on a set of tracks behind a residential neighborhood? I used to live there.

Nice!  I was at the London Film and Comic con last month, which is where I met a fair number of the people I listed above.  It was largely themed around Back To The Future, for 2 reasons - because it's been 30 years since the first film was released, and because 2015 is the year that Marty and Doc travelled forward to in BTTF II.  Anyway, most of the major actors from the first film were there, including Fox, although I never got to see him, as he and Sigourney Weaver were in a private room away from the rest of the convention.  I did get a photo with Christopher Lloyd though, and got a BTTF poster signed by 4 of the other actors from the film, plus photos with Weaver, Kelly Hu and Neve Campbell.  That was an expensive weekend! :)

I got a chance to go to a meet and greet with Zacky Vengeance, The Rev and Johnny Christ from Avenged Sevenfold back in like 2008. Got pictures and autographs. It was pretty cool. I've also met the guys from 30 Seconds To Mars but really, really briefly.

Other than that I've only met some Finnish hockey players and some other celebrities while I was at work so I don't think that really counts. I've seen Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, Jerry Bruckheimer and others in the PotC 4 movie premiere in London and I also saw Lady Gaga come out of a hotel during that same week haha but I didn't really meet them so I don't really count those either.

Edited by novemberrx

When I was a kid I met Stone Cold Steve Austin at a mall signing he was doing.

At an event called Spooky World here in MA I met the wrestlers Kane, Mankind, and The Hardy Boys.

When Robert Downey Jr was filming the movie The Judge I didn't get the chance to actually shake his hand or anything like I did with the Wrestlers but my mom and I drove past him in front of the Dedham court house. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot. I've also met Steve Grogan a former quarterback for the New England Patriots. Got an old styled Patriots helmet signed by him. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

I've met a few, mostly musicians after concerts. 

The most notable ones, for me at least, were:

Thrice (Dustin Kensrue, Teppei Teranishi, Eddie Breckenridge, Riley Breckenridge) 

Jesse Lacy (singer of Brand New)

Tim McIlrath (singer of Rise Against)

I could list other people that I've seen at cons, but I don't really think that counts as meeting them. Since they're being paid to sit there and basically just say hi, you don't get to really talk to them or anything.

Edited by ExHaseo

Billie Piper (Doctor Who). Met her back when she was a pop star.

Ken (not sure what his real name is) from Aqua (the group that sings that I'm a Barbie Girl song).

Alanis Morrisette - at one of her concerts.

Billy Joel - at one of his concerts with Elton John.

Marilyn Manson - very briefly met him outside his hotel when I was walking to University. (His hotel was right across the road from my classes.)

Tina Landon (Dancer/choreographer) - back when she was touring with Janet Jackson.

Several All Blacks and other minor New Zealand celebs that most of you probably never heard of.