post your three favorite rpg games ever played

yiazmat50112254

Final Fantasy VI - Best game ever made. Changed my life and helped me view characters in a video game in a sympathetic light.

Chrono Trigger - I've beaten this game the most of all of my games.

Final Fantasy IX - Seems cheap to put a second FF up here, but I absolutely love the characters, story, and music.

I could list more, but 3 were required :)

• Like 1

I don't actually play many rpgs, but...

1.  Parasite Eve!  This was one of the first RPG's Id ever played and the first nonsports game I had on the PS1.  I haven't seen a single vote for it, so maybe I'll post thirty more times to give it some love.  This was my favorite PS1 game and I still put it in from time to time.

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.  Does this count? I saw someone else put it.  One of my all time favorite games.

3.  FF9.  It was the only FF I played all the way through, although I think I tried all its predecessors.

• Like 1

1) Runescape,

ahh yes the memories of 2008 where I used to spend hours cutting yew trees , mining iron/ gold ores. Best memories I've had. Of course you can't forget about cooking swordfish and leaving a trail of lit fires in the grand exchange.

2) Brave Frontier on mobile.

Possibly my one of my favourite games out there. It's really weird that I became addicted to a mobile game but believe it was unlike any other. It follows a bit of the final fantasy formula but I've never got to play FF since there are too many out there and also I'm older now and don't have time to sink in hrs on video gaming as I used to.

3) skyrim

This game is hugggge( no I'm not Donald Trump). Been playing it for years . it's awesome besides the bugs and the constant stutters plus loading on ps3 but it's still great nonetheless.

oh wow! I never noticed that I voted twice until now when saw my name shows up in the double voters, I would go with my original post then, I voted the second time because I thought it was a similar yet different topic, if the double voting is bad then i'm sorry.

no problem. there were 6 new double voters with this ranking so that means more people make this kind of mistakes.

besides, being enthousiastic about my forum isn't such a bad thing imo :D

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.  Does this count? I saw someone else put it.  One of my all time favorite games.

sorry but actually not.

i want to ask (if you like to get it into the ranking) to put a number 4 with it if you are uncertain. this way a mistake can be made without risking not to be added into the ranking. this tip is not just for you only, but for all people who are hestitating, this because you aren't the first who made a small mistake which resulted into being unaddable.

the new ranking isn't here yet so there is still time to edit it if you want to.

i hope that this helps.

Edited by yiazmat50112254

sorry but actually not.

i want to ask (if you like to get it into the ranking) to put a number 4 with it if you are uncertain. this way a mistake can be made without risking not to be added into the ranking. this tip is not just for you only, but for all people who are hestitating, this because you aren't the first who made a small mistake which resulted into being unaddable.

the new ranking isn't here yet so there is still time to edit it if you want to.

i hope that this helps.

Ok, in that case, here is my vote:

1. Parasite Eve

2. FFIX

3. Pokemon Emerald

I started playing RPGs in the PS3 generation so I missed FF and all that. But here it is:

1. Fallout: New Vegas 

2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

3. Fallout 3

Honorable mentions go to Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, and the Souls series

There are a lot of great RPG games I haven't played yet like the Witcher and Mass Effect, so my current favorite RPG games are:

• FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright & Conquest
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Edited by NEVEC1213

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chrono Trigger (SNES, PSX, Nintendo DS) - My first RPG and probably one of the best that I've ever played.  I have the SNES, PSX, and Nintendo DS versions of the game.

Tales Of Vesperia (Xbox 360) - So many hours of my life was invested into this game and I still don't have all of the achievements.  Still one of the best games I have ever played.

Tales Of Xillia 2 (PS3) - I feel like I'm cheating by adding another Tales game on here, but this is probably the one game that has ever made me outright cry.  I like the gameplay and story so much and it's probably higher than Tales Of Vesperia on my list of Tales games when it comes to story.

I find it very hard to pick three games and this list would change so much I have at least 10 other games that could be on this list depending on when the question is asked but here are three for now.

• Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES) - This was an outstanding game for its time.
  • Golden Sun (GBA) - If I could put a series I would put down all three games, I really enjoy the story of the whole series and gameplay but number 1 was hard to beat.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3) - Everything about this game I really enjoyed (Well minus the game trying to force you to like one female character over the others) Can't wait to play the second game, which came in the mail yesterday.

A Bronze mention to Tales of Graces f - This was an amazing story with the f version adding even more onto it.

Some others I would have liked to have put in would be almost any Tales of game , Link to the Past, A few of the Fire Emblem games, A few of the Final Fantasy games, Persona Series, Valkyria Chronicles series, Bravely Default would also be up there as well
I shall stop now as this list could just keep going on and on.

Edited by fisty123

• 1 month later...