Kingdom Hearts 2.9 listed on a linked in Resume

Superbuu3

Saw this on AGB, I considered a possibility this was a typo of 2.5, but given the time frame that would've been post KH 2.5 launch and the fact it says PS4 would require a crap load of typos. Guess we should wait and see I own and haven't played 1.5 or 2.5 so i'd be irritated if this is true lol, but if this had all games from both collections on it I'd be very tempted to just sell those and grab this.

Richard-W-VanDeventer-LinkedIn.jpg

• Like 3

Wonder if maybe they are porting it to PS4?

Defintely a possibility they did the same with FFX/X-2, so its not out of character. As they've done the definitive HD remaster. Plus I think Squenix released a decent amount of PS3 remasters on PS4 across the board. This also might happen to keep people quiet when KH3 gets pushed back to 2020.

• Like 1

Wonder if maybe they are porting it to PS4?

No Nomura said it isn't happening. We won't see the games on PS4, atleast not for a while.

However he has said several timea that it would be weird leaving out Dream Drop Distance from Playstation, so we'll see if they announce a Final Mix for DDD soon, or maybe just a port. That might be for PS4.

I think we'll get DDD Cutscenes on the KH3 disc (Like 358/2 Days and Re:Coded)

Also a side note is, Nomura aims and kind of promised one game from the KH series one year, and he's been doing it. This year is X / Chi / Unchained Key.

So if KH3 doesn't release next year we might see a DDD port / Final Mix or something entirely else.

Oh also, this 2.9 thing could very well be real and it actually looks like a DDD port now that Im reading about it.

So it got leaked earlier from Square and now from someone who works there. The fact that he is working on Flowmotion for 2.9 makes me belive that its DDD, its happening guys!!!!

Edit: If this is real, PIXAR WORLDS ANNOUNCED! Also.. ehrm... Gummi's will be back xD

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 3

Defintely a possibility they did the same with FFX/X-2, so its not out of character. As they've done the definitive HD remaster. Plus I think Squenix released a decent amount of PS3 remasters on PS4 across the board. This also might happen to keep people quiet when KH3 gets pushed back to 2020.

That is blasphemy sir! Sike I really hope that KH3 comes out in the next few years. Prefer it to be 2016....

Also I couldn't care less about DDD. I felt that game sucked until the last hour. It also didn't really move the story forward that much. I honestly just want KH3 already.

My only assumption is that it will be a direct prequel to Kingdom Hearts 3 kinda like MGS V: Ground Zeroes.

EDIT: There will be no 1.5 or 2.5 on PS4 Nomura said so himself.

"Usually, most of the reactions from the KH fans and media consist of "Please put [this world] in the game!" (Laughs) Rather than comments on the game system itself, we get requests for "Put this world in, put my world in!" much more. Whichever world is a popular map should determine whether or not the masses will greatly enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3. Recently, we also received a significant increase in requests for the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix to be released on the PS4. Unfortunately, we don't have any plans for that."

Sources: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/no-plans-for-kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-2-5-remix-on-ps4/ ,
 http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/08/03/no-plans-kingdom-hearts-remix-ps4-ports-according-franchise-director/

Edited by drag0n2

I have been holding off on buying 1.5 and 2.5 for one reason, and this is it. I fully expect a "complete" collection on PS4, that includes all the games from 1.5 and 2.5. It would be a perfect way to get PS4 owners who never played KH, interested in KH3. The name 2.9 would make sense, as like a full collection of every game before #3, so 2.9.

This doesn't make much sense. Why would they release a 2."9"? The additional ".5" in 1.5 and 2.5 made sense, because it was KH 1 and 2 with extra content in the form of the movies and a side game, but adding an additional ".4" doesn't make much sense. It's especially weird that they would only re-release 2.5 on PS4, and if it were a collection of the entire series, it would make way more sense to be just be called something like Kingdom Hearts ReMiX or Collection. And if they were just adding cutscenes for 3D, why would make it an entire release instead of just DLC or a downloadable stand alone? It's far cheaper for them that way, and they would stand to make more money releasing it as a stand alone. Also, it lists their total development time on the project, and if it's 10 months into development, that means that the project is well into development. So if it were real, it would've at least been announced at this point. Especially since it looks to be a collection/re-release, and would be released before KHIII. At the very least, it's going to take place before KHIII, given that it's got 2 in the name, so it would have to be released before KHIII.

Too many things just aren't consistent and don't add up. It just doesn't make any sense. I don't buy it.

• Like 1

This doesn't make much sense. Why would they release a 2."9"? The additional ".5" in 1.5 and 2.5 made sense, because it was KH 1 and 2 with extra content in the form of the movies and a side game, but adding an additional ".4" doesn't make much sense. It's especially weird that they would only re-release 2.5 on PS4, and if it were a collection of the entire series, it would make way more sense to be just be called something like Kingdom Hearts ReMiX or Collection. And if they were just adding cutscenes for 3D, why would make it an entire release instead of just DLC or a downloadable stand alone? It's far cheaper for them that way, and they would stand to make more money releasing it as a stand alone. Also, it lists their total development time on the project, and if it's 10 months into development, that means that the project is well into development. So if it were real, it would've at least been announced at this point. Especially since it looks to be a collection/re-release, and would be released before KHIII. At the very least, it's going to take place before KHIII, given that it's got 2 in the name, so it would have to be released before KHIII.

Too many things just aren't consistent and don't add up. It just doesn't make any sense. I don't buy it.

Lol. First of all you talk about that it hasn't been announced yet,, Square have an secret announcement for next week, and at Square's official conference at E3 it also listed 2.9 (confirmed by KH13) dude it will release next year in that case, Fallout 4 was developed for 4 years and Horizon around 3 vefore getting announced. This is ofcourse giant games but still.

Secondly, we've just gotten 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3 and Nomura has said several times it won't come to PS4 (atleast not for now)

However the most important part of the story, DDD is the only game left out from Playstation, its basically the Ground Zeroes for KH. Nomura has stated that it would be weird leaving out DDD from Playstation and it sure is since it is one of the most important games in the series.

It makes sense that they ad .4 since its basically the 2.9 of the series before KH3, it is the entire prolouge of KH3 almost. You find out several things about important characters like Axel, other Nobodies, Sora, Riku and even Kairi. It sets everything up for KH3.

Since both Square and Nomura wants all games on one platform (Playstation) and they have promised one game in the series each year, its highly likely this will happen.

It needs, it is, it has to be Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for PS3 and PS4. It simply has to.

Attraction Flow isn't in DDD ofcourse, its new in KH3, so that makes me wonder, however I could totally see it being implented in 2.9. Maybe its something new? (BBS2... :( )

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

Yeah, there's already been the 2.9 mention at E3 and now this. It's funny that everyone on the internet is like "Well I guess I might be Dream Drop Distance". Of course it's Dream Drop Distance, what else would it be? lol

All I gotta say is, I hope it's on PS4. I keep having to drag my PS3 out every time I wanna play some Kingdom Hearts, lol

Edited by BlindMango

There's also the fact that there were multiple Dream Drop Distance clips in the montages at Sony's E3 conference, so I'd say it's very likely there will be a DDDHD at some point (PSX?)

Yeah we have TGS, D23 and PSX left this year.

I don't think it will be shown at D23 as I feel like KH3 will be the main focus. However Both Disney Infinity and Battlefrint will have launched at D23 so maybe they need to show more.

KH has been shown a lot at TGS in the past, however its been silent after KH3 was announced. I could totalky see this being announced next week at TGS, I mean Square even has a 'secret game' to show there. KH 2.9?

And even PSX would make a lot of sense since its an Playstation exclusive most likely. We'll see.

Im betting its getting announced next week at TGS.

And as I said in my status update, I bet my fucking cactus its DDD.

It makes much more sense that 2.9 refers to a remake of a game (KH3D), not a new game, since none of the previous "new" games have been numbered sequentially.

KH Chain of Memories

KH Coded

KH 358/2 Days

KH Birth By Sleep

KH Dream Drop Distance

While the remakes have.

It makes sense that it is called 2.9 since it happens before 3. xD

Yeah, there's already been the 2.9 mention at E3 and now this. It's funny that everyone on the internet is like "Well I guess I might be Dream Drop Distance". Of course it's Dream Drop Distance, what else would it be? lol

All I gotta say is, I hope it's on PS4. I keep having to drag my PS3 out every time I wanna play some Kingdom Hearts, lol

At least you don't have to drag your PS2 to play KH or KH2 xD

• Like 1

Finally KH DDD is coming to the PS3 :dance: and maybe it has cutscenes from KH X.

Dude wouldn't it be something if 2.9 was DDD HD as the main game like KH1 and KH2, we had KH X with Remastered cutscenes and we have a surprise Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume 2 in the collection to serve as the important side game like Re: Chain of Memories or Birth By Sleep.

Wouldn't that be the shit? :P