Platinum Rain Day - Ended

:platinum: 6/10

Motorstorm: Apocalypse

Lc99656.png

Last Trophy: I Made It Myself

Modify your vehicle using all the available options.

Decided to change my list up a little in order to clear my backlog of some random games I've bought in recent sales. I bought Motorstorm: Apocalypse for dirt cheap (around $2) in a recent flash sale and it was money well spent. I'm not the biggest racing game fan (although I loved them when I was growing up) but this was a very fun arcade style racer. The action was chaotic and fast paced for the majority of the game. I could probably nitpick and name a few flaws, but at the price I can't really complain. 

1. Darksiders II - 48/50 (98%)

2. Okami HD - 49/51 (98%)

3. 3D Dot Game Heroes - 49/51 (98%) UR

4. Just Cause 2 - 49/51 (98%)

5. Guacamelee! - 46/48 (97%)

6. Motorstorm: Apocalypse - 46/48 (98%)

7. Rogue Legacy - 0%

8. Hotline Miami - 0%

9. The Wolf Among Us - 0%

10. Sleeping Dogs - 0%

• Like 3

UPDATE TIME!!! More progress on HDN Re;Birth2 and RESOGUN. Also adding the rest of my games as of now, unless I come up with better options later.

• Devil May Cry 2 - 88% (31/34 trophies) Just need Bloody Palace mode. READY TO POP
  • RESOGUN - 98% (32/34 trophies) Left beating the game with Nemesis. Rookie mode is a formality after beating the game on Veteran. READY TO POP
  • DRIVECLUB - 17% (23/122 trophies) This is going to look so horrible at like 25% platinum or lower
  • Diablo 3 - 89% (43/46 trophies) Going to grind out the gold, then I'll just have my level 30 on Hardcore to do. I'll stop at 29 and be ready to pop it then.
  • FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 - 76% (39/50 trophies) Not sure what I'll be saving, but I'll figure it out
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - 92% (41/45 trophies) Just got to grind the gold and create 100 items, then that will leave seeing the normal ending as my last trophy.
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 - 94% (38/41 trophies) Working on Stella's Dungeon and collecting the materials needed to make 200 plans! I'll be leaving the 200 plans trophy for last, but I want to make sure I have everything ready to make all the plans I need!
  • Resident Evil 5 - 34% (29/51 trophies) Been playing this co-op with a friend. We only get to play once a week, so this game might not make the cut. We should be finishing our first playthrough with all collectibles and unlocking and upgrading all weapons. Then next week I'm going to try and solo Veteran to unlock Professional, which I'll co-op with my friend. Also going to wrap up most of my random trophies, and leave unlocking the costumes for last.
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 78% (46/51 trophies) Still unsure about this because of the boosting that I need. If I can boost it, I'll just have to collect the flags and win the max bet at the fights, so it'll be easy enough after the MP is done...but those servers can make or break this one.
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories HD - 62% (31/48 trophies) - 2 playthrough with each character needed. Proud mode is beat with both characters, all mini game trophies are done, and I've beat the game without continuing or fleeing. Most random trophies are done. Standard speedruns with both characters, then beginner mode runs to max level with each, and collect all the cards. Hopefully I have time to do all of this by the 1st.
  • Like 1

I'd like to add LEGO Batman 3 for PS4 to my list. I know doubling up on the same title is meh but as I said, LEGO Batman 3 is the only hard copy I have for PS4 as I am very poor right now and I'd have to slit my wrists to get my parents to buy another game for me as they really want me to be independent. :(  (Figurative, of course - I'm not cutting myself literally. :devil: )

To be fair, LEGO Batman 3 on the PS4 is harder than the Vita version - you have to go to the Lantern Worlds and do everything there... including the races on Oa. (Why does Hal Jordan love racing?!?!? :facepalm: ) I did manage to complete all the ground races with just a classic Batmobile(a couple of retries were had) but I am going to wait until I complete all the quests on the hub worlds so I unlock Green Loontern to get the trophy for doing an air race with him. At the time being, I am running through Free Play 100%(only stage I have had to redo so far is Chapter 3 because I don't have any mini cheat or the Atom) and doing random quests in the hubs - I've completed Hat Trick in the Hall of Justice and completed all the exterior quests in the Hall of Doom.

I know that's why I don't think I'll ever load it on my list cuz who wants to pay for all that dlc to get a 100%

weren't those all free with the seasonpass or something? i think i downloaded most of them already and didn't have to pay for it. but i got the physical version of the game, if that makes a difference.

definitely wanna play it sometimes but i have to get a new wheel first. just sold my g27 yesterday, because it doesn't work with the ps4 anyways :(

Update 

Platinum Number 4 ready to platinum: 

Ratchet And Clank - I only need to buy one more gold weapon :)

This is the first time I have ever played a Ratchet & Clank game and I must admit I loved it, time to start work on Ratchet & Clank 2 :P

• Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - 41/43 (96%) - ready to plat
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor - 50/52 - ready to plat
  • Tales From The Borderlands - 34/36 - ready to plat
  • Ratchet & Clank - 33/35 - ready to plat 
Edited by Razza
  • Like 2

If this is still open to join, I'm game. Don't know if I will make all 10 by the deadline but I have two games ready to plat

Achieved:

1. Rise of the Guardians 48/50 -Belief Spin- 

2. Grim Fandango Remastered 46/48 -"THAT'S NOT FUNNY"-

Working On:

3. Lightning Returns 30%

4. Pier Solar 0%

5. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories 43%

6. Time and Eternity 13%

7. God of War (Vita) 21%

8. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 2%

9. Jak II 0%

10. LittleBigPlanet 2 76% OR Jak 3 0%

Maybe(s) if I have enough time:

11. Assassin's Creed II

12. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

13. God of War: Ascension

14. Spider-Man: Edge of Time

15. L.A. Noire

PRD :platinum: #6: Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2

1Lb030a1.png

My first HDN game... and to be fair I still don't understand what the hype is all about. Still it has some great characters, a lot of humour, and references to other series. It also breaks the fourth wall in a funny way.

The Project Platinum Assassin's Creed is up, which means another cross-over event :dance:.

It isn't, at least not nearly boring as Bioshock 2. You can afk it if you have a turbo controller. Set it to auto press O and go do something else for 9 minutes and 30 seconds.

Unfortunately I don't have a turbo controller :(.

Oh God, you all are bringing up some horrible memories. That game was just a joy to boost. You need 6 people to start an Alliance match and then you just take turns slapping each other in groups of 3 for hours and hours. The main problem is that the servers were crappy, at least when we did it. Never fails that someone won't be able to login to the MP and constantly gets an error message.

The Abstergo Employee of the Month isn't hard if you have a plan and a partner who knows what they are doing and listens.

That sounds... fun :|.

You can remove Tales from the borderlands and Virtue's Last Reward from my list as i popped them yesterday. Needed some quick points for the THL. So it'll bring my total back to 7.

You did what now :jaymon:? *faints*...

Hey Dragon, you forgot to update my Duke trophies :( 46/51 :D

I have no idea what you're talking about :ninja:.

Update 

Platinum Number 4 ready to platinum: 

Ratchet And Clank - I only need to buy one more gold weapon :)

This is the first time I have ever played a Ratchet & Clank game and I must admit I loved it, time to start work on Ratchet & Clank 2 :P

• Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - 41/43 (96%) - ready to plat
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor - 50/52 - ready to plat
  • Tales From The Borderlands - 34/36 - ready to plat
  • Ratchet & Clank - 33/35 - ready to plat 

Awesome, congrats buddy :yay:. I hope you'll become addicted and play all the R&C games :D.

If this is still open to join, I'm game. Don't know if I will make all 10 by the deadline but I have two games ready to plat

Achieved:

1. Rise of the Guardians 48/50 -Belief Spin- 

2. Grim Fandango Remastered 46/48 -"THAT'S NOT FUNNY"-

Working On:

3. Lightning Returns 30%

4. Pier Solar 0%

5. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories 43%

6. Time and Eternity 13%

7. God of War (Vita) 21%

8. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 2%

9. Jak II 0%

10. LittleBigPlanet 2 76% OR Jak 3 0%

Maybe(s) if I have enough time:

11. Assassin's Creed II

12. Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

13. God of War: Ascension

14. Spider-Man: Edge of Time

15. L.A. Noire

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:. I'll just add all 15 games for now, let me know if you want to remove some of them.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Time for an big update. I havent gotten anywhere with Sorcery Saga and KHII but I did some work on Monster Monopiece. Meanwhile I started doing the backlog games. Seems those plats I being saving for a special occasion arent gonna be needed and I decided to plat them on new years. So far Dengeki Bunko is being challenging that damn score attack ugh.. 297 million T_T SMH. Eh so yeah 3 plats ready Dragon..  :)

• Sorcery Saga Curse of the Great Curry God [54% - 25/34]
  • KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX [38% - 24/51]
  • Monster Monopiece [82% - 44/51]
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted [98% - 45/47] PLAT READY
  • Minecraft Playstation Vita Edition [91% - 49/51] PLAT READY
  • XBLAZE LOST MEMORIES [97% - 38/40] PLAT READY
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax [77% - 50/59]
  • Like 1

39L83856f.png
The Bright Knight

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

That's my latest trophy - yes, I finally rescued the last Adam West. I'm at 48% in LB3 for the PS4 - I spent all day getting 100% all the Free Play versions of all 15 stages and completing all of the Lantern Planets(including Oa - GODFORSAKEN AIR RACES WILL MAKE ME DIE AN EARLY DEATH :devil::shakefist: ) and also obtained all the Red Bricks, so all that's left to do is... complete all the hubs(like Watchtower) 100% by completing all the quests. :holy:

To those who have a Vita, use it to look up guides on GameFAQs if you need help - my Vita saved me a ton of time going back and forth between the computer.

I did like revisiting the game again - the dialogue on the hub planets is so hilarious. :awesome:

Anyways, tomorrow I will be busy getting ready for a promotional gaming binge on Halloween for Extra-Life as well as getting this game PRD by this time tomorrow - well, a bit earlier, but you get the idea. I plan on the last trophy being the one with the stud fountain. G'night, I need to get much needed sleep. ;)

Another unexpected game will be ready during the weekend... I am planning to pass the 80% mark completion of all my games, so I am trying to finish old games and very rarely starting a new one... so... Resident Evil 6 finally got its turn. I still have some chapters to finish on Pro and some skill grinding but... I am planning to do that this weekend before I leave for Germany for a week (which will prevent me from playing :()

So plat number 8

Resident Evil 6 - 49/50 (91% - at least I think it will be that much since it will leave one gold only)

I will leave one skill to buy on the first of January.

I must admin this game is no near as hard as the fifth one and more boring in terms of gameplay (probably due to the longer chapters). Still, it is not that bad as people saying it is :)

For HDN I could not agree more about the hype. I haven't played the first two (although I have them), only the third one but... It is just not that interesting to me like the Tales of games.

• Like 1

As for all the hype with any games, I think anytime a game gets all this hype you don't like it as much because you compare it to your favorite games and of course there not going to live up to it. I started with the 1st HDN game and played the 2nd and 3rd ones and loved them before everyone started talking about them so I loved them. They also kinda have that old school I hit you you hit me battle system so if your not a fan of that then you prolly won't like the games. Plus the humor can get repetative so unless your a die hard fan you might get bored of that as well. I will always love my Neppy though!!

Update

1L222b9b.png

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell ready to Plat

41/46 79%

I'm leaving four trophies for January:

4S8bd1d0.pngdouble hockey sticks (100% New Hades City take Over)

46S06d57f.pngSatan Punchers (Beat the Game)

45S130e4d.pngSaints Creed ( Stand on tallest mast of Queen Anne's Revenge)

23Sad5e86.pngEpic Flight Quest (Fly from Snowball's Chance to Sinterpol HQ)

Leaving these behind because I wanna end this game on a high note. After all the endless grinding and collectibles I'm a little soured on the game. It was fun as hell but all the challenges and money grinding took away from the fun.

• Like 1

Final Trophy

18L41e4ca.png
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS4 version)

Bat's All, Folks! (See the 100% Stud Fountain)

91% (39 trophies out of 41)

To the mods: LEGO Batman 3 for the PS4 is now my sixth game which is ready to plat and is going into the Rain Day bin until the ball drops on New Year's Eve. ;)

The game in my profile says 65%, but that's only because I have a couple of DLCs that I haven't finished yet - namely the 75th Anniversary one because I couldn't complete it right away. I'm actually at 91% in the main game, I just have to pull the LEGO Stud Fountain switch to seal the deal. :)

Tomorrow I will be spending all day playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, in order to celebrate Halloween and also promote my upcoming day-long marathon for Extra Life. If you are interested in helping me out with a donation, please click on the link in my signature and check out the page it goes to. Thank you all very much.

Edited by Maphantom238

Leaving these behind because I wanna end this game on a high note. After all the endless grinding and collectibles I'm a little soured on the game. It was fun as hell but all the challenges and money grinding took away from the fun.

I had the same feeling finishing the game.  Fun to play but some of those trophies were pretty stupid and not really related to the game in any way.  Re-elected was the better of the two.

Might as well give my monthly update now as I'll be playing Costume Quest 2 and watching some horror movies for Halloween. Made a few changes as I'm not sure if I'll be able to plat a few games in time:

1. 3D Dot Game Heroes - 49/51 (91%) [Plat ready]

2. Angry Birds Star Wars – 10/51 (14%)

3. ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West – 19/59 (30%)

4. KILLER IS DEAD - 0/48 (0%)

5. Quantum of Solace - 49/51 (97%) [Plat ready]

6. Ys: Memories of Celceta - 47/52 (91%) [Plat ready]

7. Zone of the Enders HD Edition - 2/25 (4%)

8. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition - 0/25 (0%)

9. WWE 2K14 – 40/42 (90%) [Plat ready]

10. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune – 46/48 (91%) [Plat ready]

11. Tales of Zestiria - 0/56 (0%)

12. Gravity Rush - 62/64 (98%) [Plat ready]

13. Rayman Legends - 46/51 (84%) [Plat ready]

14. Smart As - 27/29 (91%) [Plat ready]

15. Rogue Legacy – 22/30 (62%)

16. Pier Solar and the Great Architects - 10/38 (14%)

17. Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart – 50/52 (91%) [Plat ready]

For Rayman Legends I just need to collect a Teensie and I only need one more point for the max level of Awesomeness. Smart As only needs a math mini-game to be played in genius so that should take a few minutes as well. I think I'm halfway through Pier Solar and I'm pretty sure why a lot of people quit this game and isn't as well regarded as other retro homages like Shovel Knight. Quite a shame as Pier Solar actually has good flavored text, unlike the mess that is Hyperdevotion Noire.

I'm a fan of tactical-RPGs and Hyperdevotion Noire could have been my entry point into the Hyperdimension series, but this game easily fits in some of my worst lists: worst tactical-RPG and Vita game I've played so far, worst game I've played in 2015 and second worst game I've ever played. I'll review this later as I have most of my problems with the game thought out, except for a minor one: the humor. Deadpool does fourth-wall breaking and I like it, but when the characters did it in this game it fell flat. I might just cut that criticism out if the review turns out to be longer than two pages. I'll give Compile Heart another chance as HN was co-developed by Sting, the same developer that made the archaic Dungeon Travelers 2.