A very easy way to beat brtual difficulty!

I think the best way is to play with patches until you will unlock Brutal. 

Than delete your game from hard drive and install it again. But when patch starts to download, just pause it. 

Go back to your game, enable glitch and make a save. After that you can install patch again, because tweaks will stay in the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, I'm so glad I got physical copy of the remastered trilogy so that I could use the glitch. I couldn't imagine doing Brutal difficulty the legit way, I saw a couple of gameplay videos where even standard mooks take several headshots to kill, all the while you can be killed from any gun by a single shot.

For anyone who manages to do it without a glitch, much respect.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Mine doesn't work.

I have the physical copy and I tryed deleting and not installing the patch1.02. The tweak works at first but everytime I die it resets.

Any other thing I haven't tried yet? It is the only trophy missing for 100% and crushing was already traumatizing, anything to make this easier.

its not that hard to get brutal on uc3 if managed to get brutal legit on uc1. ive done uncharted collection all brutal trophy without any workaround, its very rewarding & satisfying to get it brutal trophy legit. good luck to everyone who wanna try get it legit, perseverence is the key :)

Edited by JOJOVchronicles

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I can confirm that this method works for the digital ND collection that was on PS+ in January (v1.02) with no problem. You don't have to delete the patch or resort to other methods to get the game in v1.00.

Be advised however, that the tweaks work a bit different than in the two previous games. The infinite ammo does not longer give you endless grenades unfortunately. Also, whilst armoured guys in the predecessors used to go down in two shots with the one shot kill tweak, they now can take much, much more if you focus just on the armour. One heavy ate an entire magazin of my KAL 70 and was completely unphased. Just aim for the head or spots that are unarmoured.

• Like 2

I know the tweak glitch is still available in the first game becuase I just did it a couple of months ago and I updated my trophy guide accordingly: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3419-uncharted-drakes-fortune-remastered-extended-collection-dlc-trophy-guide

It does have to be done a little bit differently than it used to be, so it's important to follow the steps listed in the guide.

That said, I have not yet replayed 2 and 3 to confirm that it works the same way in those, but I believe that it does.

35 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Bunch of dirty cheaters.

The trophy isn't really yours unless you know the soul-crushing pain of restarting the same checkpoint 20 times due to spawn deaths. 

Exactly. It's a shame some 'players' nowadays can't face a challenge.

• Like 1

I hope people try out Brutal difficulty without any tweaks first though. I know the difficulty gets hated on, but I find it to be pretty satisfying. But if you really want to use the tweaks, then that's fine.

The limited amount isn't an issue if you know how to maximize the ammo you get (pick up the gun you want, drop it, pick up a different drop of the same weapon, then go back and pick up the first weapon). If you do that with a pistol for example, you'll get 32 + 32 ammo, rather than 32 + 1-2 ammo.

That being said, Brutal mode is cheap at some moments. There's a lot of moments where the checkpoint reloads and you die instantly without getting the chance to take cover. But even if you use the tweaks, that'll still happen regardless. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Bunch of dirty cheaters.

The trophy isn't really yours unless you know the soul-crushing pain of restarting the same checkpoint 20 times due to spawn deaths. 

But thats the best thing about it, you still get that part of the experience because tweaks do not really protect you from getting instantly spawn killed, unless you managed to get through every tricky section on first try of course?

I for one still had plenty of funny checkpoints that saw poor Nathan play the target dummy several times before finally enough of the enemy shots missed for him to get to safety and have an actual go at the section.

• Like 1

Brutal level was really bs in some chapters because checkpoints didn't allow me to live, birth and death at the same time.

This level is sufficient to be crazy even with tweaks.

Edit : Tweaks didn't work with 1.02 patch. (I've ND Collection physically).

So I delete the game and disconnect the psn account. It works. 

Edited by seyhano

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...