Platinums/100% that you have huge respect for.

elfennf

I think it actually takes LESS time to plat it offline than online (much less noise while waiting for groups, or after campaigns, etc.).

I've heard from multiple sources that it takes much longer to level up the guild without having other guild members due to no online so it's entirely yourself working for it. Among other things.

But I'm just making assumptions they're right. I have yet to play them myself.. Though I should get around to them. They look fun.

I've heard from multiple sources that it takes much longer to level up the guild without having other guild members due to no online so it's entirely yourself working for it. Among other things.

But I'm just making assumptions they're right. I have yet to play them myself.. Though I should get around to them. They look fun.

That might be true, although it's not hard to solo the stupid "Kill the Red Guy" mission over and over.

It's not fun, either, but it's not overly more time-consuming (relatively speaking). I wanted to plat this, but I got so frustrated with how slow the online proceeding were (not the online itself, mind you -  just the waiting for people and whatnot), that I gave it up, and found that soloing (at least for mid-rank guild ranks) was much faster. 

But anyway, I've hijacked this thread long enough. Another 100% I respect is retro.grade (although lots of people have hacked it). Getting perfect on all of the extreme levels is no joke. I'm in the top 20 on the flippin' leaderboard, and I still can't perfect that last song.

Edited by starcrunch061

There are guys/gals that are just plain better than most of us. This is the trophies that you have major respect for. Mostly because of the dedication or it is just toooo hard. Megaman 10 100%. Complete game without being damaged(Mr Perfect). Max payne 3 platinum. And the shadows rushed me. Ninja Gaiden Sigma platinum. Whoever got these trophies legit. Well done. Standing ovation.

Is that a typo in the title or is "mayor respect" just a cool new slang term that I'm unaware of?   :unsure:

Who knows? elfennf never seems to check back in on topics that they start...

To answer the OP: nothing. I don't know for certain that any trophy, besides the ones I earned, aren't earned by a team of people using one account.

My trophies are my personal road map of my experiences in games. That's all I'll ever see them as.

But futuridium and Nidhogg are glitched 100%s so no one has earned them yet. And I respect people who have platted games they like,not just easy games to boost up their PSN level and trophy count.

On futuridium I meant 100% all trophies available.

It'll be patched soon anyway, but classic smasher and flappy flappy are the hardest trophies there and they're obtainable.

Nidhogg might not even be glitched.

I have respect for anyone that has earned the following trophies (without cheating):

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 ( and NG Sigma 2+ if it were even possible :rolleyes: )

Cloudberry Kingdom

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence ( missing a battle during your S-Rank run)

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier ( if you have the patience for those 2 friend challenge trophies)

King of the Fighters XIII ( 200 trials completed?! Madness....)

This.

Edited by iLu

Based off of my own games I would definitely list:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - There's no way I'm going to grind that level 50 trophy.  hahaha gtfo  I still don't understand how the Abstergo Employee of the Month works either

Twisted Metal - These multiplayer trophies have some ridiculous requirements and are glitchy on top of that.  Oh, and the servers are pretty much dead.  

While I have a rough time focusing on one game at a time, I'm almost certain these are two games that I will never platinum because of the multiplayer trophies included in the game.  These two games have even changed my buying habits.  If I think a game may have very difficult trophies or tedious ones, I won't touch it.

Any of the older Rock Band, Guitar Hero, or DJ Hero games are pretty ridiculous, despite most of the trophies being a piece of cake to anyone who's at the very least average. The newest Rock Band and Guitar Hero games are actually easier than the past games, and don't involve anything with Pro Guitar, Tre Cool's 74 killer beats, or 5-starring the best of the best Van Halen songs, especially on guitar, so I won't count those. Also, most fighting games are kind of a bitch, as they require the player to complete all of the challenges necessary, and some games like Super Street Fighter IV, Injustice: Gods Among Us, and the King of Fighters series are pretty serious. Then, everyone usually agrees on the same amount of games, like Vanquish, Warhawk, Gran Turismo 5, Max Payne 3, Lost Planet 2, you know, the generic lot. However, I have the most respect for you if you are a serious trophy hunter and hunt through games both hard and painful to play, and have a really fucking awesome completion percentage. Everyone collects at their own pace, and trophy hunts their own way, which I'm not discrediting, but those who go through tons of suffering just for achieving something makes the victory all the more sweeter. 

I'm one or two challenge missions away from the plat on VANQUISH I can say that I may never get the plat to this game...they are hard.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma gets my respect as hard.
White Knight Chronicles is not a hard game.... just very monotonous. I wish a third one would be made so I can get the plat as well.
Injustice seeing how rare the plat is
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Meat Boy

Gran turismo 5.... too bad you can't get the plat to it anymore.

• Like 1

Platinums I have mad respect for would be:

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (those combo challenges!)

Mortal Kombat X (only because I'll personally never get 10 ranked wins in a row)

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Street Fighter IV

Twisted Metal

White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Also, if I ever see anybody with the platinum for Super Meat Boy I will give them mad props because that's a platinum that looks impossible (to me at least).

As far as 100%s go:

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Street Fighter III Online Edition

Again, these are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Also, sorry for the wall of text.

Making Hannah Montana plat #100. I'd never have the guts to do that. Other games that come to mind are:

• Catherine
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Vanquish
  • WipEout HD

One of my friends has the platinum for WipEout HD. He says it's one of his proudest platinums. 

But futuridium and Nidhogg are glitched 100%s so no one has earned them yet. And I respect people who have platted games they like,not just easy games to boost up their PSN level and trophy count.

I'm the same way. It drives me insane when I see somebody with hundreds of platinums and I look at their list just to see that they platinumed Sound Shapes (among other games) three different times.

Edited by Josh_the_White
  • Like 1

After looking through and seeing a few games listed here that i have plat or 100%

i can only say good job to those that got the following Plat:

Super Street Fighter 4

following 100%

Gundemonium Recollection

Hitogata Happa

(Just used games that i have played so far)

• Like 1

ANYBODY who has PLATINUM'ed *these* games right here:

Need for Speed: The RUN (those TIMED Trials!)
Street Fighter X Tekken (Missions 17, 19, & 20)
Killzone 2 (ELITE mode and those MULTIPLAYER trophies)
Super Street Fighter 4 (any of those "editions", LOL)
WipeOut HD
Gran Turismo 5 or 6
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Max Payne 3
Injustice: Gods Among Us: ULTIMATE Edition (challenges, etc…)
Vanquish
(Ultimate) Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Sonic Unleashed
Mortal Kombat (the "Master ALL Characters" madness)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (COMBO Challenges)
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions

I'm gonna run with a few off my list that I remember being a pain to Plat...

Gran truismo 5 (Gold standard trophy)

Prototype (Pt trophy)

Shift 2 (king of the hill trophy)

Cabela's dangerous hunts 2011 (I will survive trophy, some how i did it with the ds3)

Grand theft auto 4 (Auf wiedersehen Petrovic trophy - had to do all races and modes 3 times due to glitchy servers)

Call of duty world at War (for the motherland trophy - grenades anyone?)

Pain in the arse dlcs...

Dantes inferno dlc (it's in the trial - a combined time of around 20 hours for one shitty bronze trophy!)

Dishonored dlc (by my hand alone trophy) still yet to 100%

Dragon age origins dlc (grim reaper trophy)

I try to finish all the games I play but some of these games go from piss easy trophies to devasatingly difficult trophies. Perserverance is key, practise enough and you will get the trophy

• Like 1