Dead Weight

PSNP Community's Top 10 PS3 Games

What do you think of the idea of more community chosen lists?   204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the idea of more community chosen lists?

• Yeah, I would like to see more of these.
    • Meh... I'm indifferent about it.
    • No, I'm not a fan of this.
  2. 2. What should the next community chosen list be?

• PS4
    • PS Vita
    • PS2
    • PS1
    • PSP
    • A Nintendo console
    • A Microsoft Console
    • PC
    • Mobile
    • None, I don't want another list.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 posts in this topic

The list is wonderfull, If people actually love The Last of Us that much, I guess it is time for me to get the game. Also only four of my nominations made it to the top 4

• Batman Arkham City - 14th place
  • God Of War 3 - 15th place
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - 20th place (it is weird seeing them together since they're both polar opposites of each other, I still love them equally)

hmm I actually agree that every single game on this list completely deserves its spot, actually a really good list!

Am I late to the party?

e.gif

Anyway, where's Dragon Age. lol

Edited by skinner49

19 minutes ago, skinner49 said:

Am I late to the party?

e.gif

Anyway, where's Dragon Age. lol

It's #23 :giggle:

Nice list, I should try some of those.

PS4 list next, followed by Nintendo. Theres no need for a new PS3 list so soon, especially before giving other systems a chance. (Remasters and remakes excluded.)

if there's a ps3 list without Get Fit With Mel B at the top, i will cordially unsubscribe from this website

and honestly the psp has so many great underrated games. seeing as it hardly gets any recognition or carries very little relevance anymore, i'd love to see that list. maybe every now and then a legacy compilation of no longer supported devices?

38 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Needs to have a list of vita games next. 

Way ahead of you, the vita list was made back in 2016

This list is good. A few games I've yet to play, like Last of Us and Skyrim, which I have picked up for PS4.

Also stoked to see my personal favorite, MGS4, made it to the top ten. You did well my friends.

Considering the website is focused on trophies, I'd say go for a Vita list next. It's life span is pretty much over it can kind of be a definitive list, as opposed to the PS4 which will have more games coming all the time and would have to be updated often.

Once we do get to a community PS4 list, I think re-releases should be excluded, otherwise we will end up with a list very similar to this one.

It would also be cool to do a list of just PlayStation exclusives.

Edited by ocstat

The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 lawl- this is why you don't let scrubs vote. The entire studio of Overrated Dawgs could never in their lifetime achieve what one person from other studios on this list (Levine, Kojima, Miyazaki) could do. 

Edited by coldkillaaaaaaaa

List is excellent idea!  I'd rather follow this forum and hear "real" likes than look at Metacritic or one of those other sites.  Their ratings seem a bit skewed with how gamers rate some of these games.

On 10/30/2017 at 8:20 AM, Tesla_Rules said:

List is excellent idea!  I'd rather follow this forum and hear "real" likes than look at Metacritic or one of those other sites.  Their ratings seem a bit skewed with how gamers rate some of these games.

Agree.  Hate to waste money on a game that has been hyped and then to find out it is buggy, uninteresting or just unplayable.  Have enough of those laying around 😆

Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are in the top 10. Faith in humanity restored, well at least PSNP 😂

Where is Deadly Premonition, Dead Space 1, and Dragon's Crown tho..? 😡

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

Shame I've missed this until two years after the fact... but list looks pretty damn solid to me.

Personally, I think Demon's Souls probably got the nod in the top 10 moreso because of reputation than actual quality, but Dark Souls certainly belongs (even if I personally don't care for those games).  I'd probably swap Demon's Souls with GTAV and call it a day.

It's kind of funny how few of those top 10 games really interested me though.  Obviously the Naughty Dog games won me over, RDR good, Skyrim good, Mass Effect good... but Bioshock eh, Assassin's Creed II eh, MGS4 eh, Souls games eh, Far Cry 3 always looked interesting but I never really gave it a fair chance so eh.  They all definitely belong because I'm certainly willing to admit they are top-tier games... but never did much for me personally.

EDIT: Even going into the top 20.  I won't list them all but there's only like 5-6-7ish games in the 10-20 range (factoring in all the ties) that I enjoyed.  Portal 2 should be much higher, by the way... being tied with Hyperdimension Neptunia is not only insulting but very indicative of which slice of the community made that happen. xD

Edited by Dreakon13

I'd like to see a list that has the 10 worst PSNP's PS3 games.  Some games are so hyped up that everyone buys them, just to find out how bad they were designed.

And, how many (if any) bad PS3 games have or are going to be remastered?

Not surprise for the last of us but i don't like it ahah

Excellent list. Covers pretty much all of the great games in the console.

Glad to see games like Bioshock, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Batman Arkham City, Mirror's Edge, Portal 2 and L.A. Noire make it over. Those are some of my favorites games on the console as well.

Only disappointment for me in this list was its severe lack of anything Gran Turismo... lol What happened?

Clicked the thread to vote Tlou then i saw it's already #1. That game aside from amazing story telling, characters etc it's a technical marvel. Masterfully crafted from every angle while using minimum resources. Watch TLoU Boundary Break episode on Youtube.

Great list. At least confirms that I have good taste because 90% of the titles is in my collection.

LOL, not a single Tales of game in the Top 20, but several Neptunia trashy entries in there. OK, I guess, but not a good list for this reason alone, imo.

The list was for the PS3, right?  There is no way GTA V is not on this list!

Nice list , but about me Im play a lot game in past on PS3 

but there are some game in my heart

Ninja Gaiden , Sigma 1,2 & 3 & 3 Razor Edge and I’m still playing this games 9 year playing this game

Edited by Kagresimaru