New Year's Eve 2015 Platinum Event

Sounds fun. I'll review my games and have a think, but the likelihood is that I'll be doing something boring and social on NYE. It'd be a great start to 2016's hunting.

Can I point out that Teslagrad is a great game to do this with if you haven't already got that plat. Just leave one collectible un-collected, then walk over it at midnight to collect your plat. Plus, the set-up won't take you more than a few hours. Guide in my sig if you need it. 

Edit: And, in consideration of the below post, I will also point out that Teslagrad will be releasing on Vita (finally) this week (in EU at least).

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

Also let me be frank, this is probably one of the first events here that unabashedly gives the advantage to Vita players. Vita has that near instantaneous trophy pop, and doesn't take up valuable TV time. Perfect for the gamer whose spouse wants to watch the ball drop on TV, or who's out on the town and owns a set of cargo pants. Just sync your trophies when you get home.

• Like 1

You really have weird traditions to celebrate new year's day. :P

I'll probably be drunk at that time to be precise with the popping. The only time I could pop a platinum at the precise moment was for my bithday some time ago. Once in a lifetime.

I hope all participants can achieve the goal :)

• Like 2

Count me in. I was planning on doing this anyway but now there's an event for it. I was going to pop Metro Last Light Redux as my first plat for Platinum Rain Day as the trophy I need to pop for the plat is called Cheers for having 3 drinks which seemed like an appropriate trophy for New Years Eve. However I will do Goat Simulator instead as the last trophy I need is for licking an object and being I have the PS4 version I can easily do it at the right time.

• Like 2

hmmm... count me in... I am actually planning to pop my plats in Draggy's plat rain even in 01/01 anyway... and yep... mine's going to be a Vita game: Persona 4 Dancing All Night...

I know exactly which one I will do for this.  Count me in.

The game will be White Night.

I'll probably end up participating,  presuming I don't end up going to a party to watch the ball drop.

I think I'll plat Teslagrad.

Hmm, this sounds fun and doable. But what the hell should I plat...I guess I'll be optimistic and say Star Wars Battlefront.

I actually planned to do something like so, count me in.

I don't know which game, though...

Probably something in moonrunes so you can just write "moonrunes" as my game.

Count Me in too. I'll plat Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition.

Count me in. I was planning on doing this anyway but now there's an event for it. I was going to pop Metro Last Light Redux as my first plat for Platinum Rain Day as the trophy I need to pop for the plat is called Cheers for having 3 drinks which seemed like an appropriate trophy for New Years Eve. However I will do Goat Simulator instead as the last trophy I need is for licking an object and being I have the PS4 version I can easily do it at the right time.

Everyone quoted here has been added.

Participants:

6. Satoshi Ookami (something in moon-runes)

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll be rolling in this, but dunno which game I'll be doing since I have like 300 lined up atm. Guess I'll be doing Ratchet and Clank (Vita).

EDIT: Scratch that, I need to kill 10 enemies to pop that plat, that's a very easy trophy to fuck up and take longer than expected. I'll think of something else...

EDIT2: Done, Jak II it will be.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

I'll be up for this. I'm either going to have Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4) or LEGO Legends of Chima (Vita) ready to go. I'm hoping its AC:S, but I'll have my lego game sitting on the backburner in case that doesn't happen in the month of December.

EDIT: I believe I'll be able to get AC:S finished, so put that down. However, I'm going to try and set it up so I can get both plats above done on the same minute! SO I could get two plats at the stroke of 12!

Edited by jeschmit

Sure, sign me up for this event. I'll put up one of my Vita games so I don't miss the ball dropping(even though the ball dropping usually happens in New York an hour in advance because I'm in Central Time Zone). Let's see, will LEGO Legends of Chima work? That was the first I put on the PRD event list.

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll be rolling in this, but dunno which game I'll be doing since I have like 300 lined up atm. Guess I'll be doing Ratchet and Clank (Vita).

EDIT: Scratch that, I need to kill 10 enemies to pop that plat, that's a very easy trophy to fuck up and take longer than expected. I'll think of something else...

EDIT2: Done, Jak II it will be.

I'll be up for this. I'm either going to have Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4) or LEGO Legends of Chima (Vita) ready to go. I'm hoping its AC:S, but I'll have my lego game sitting on the backburner in case that doesn't happen in the month of December.

EDIT: I believe I'll be able to get AC:S finished, so put that down. However, I'm going to try and set it up so I can get both plats above done on the same minute! SO I could get two plats at the stroke of 12!

Count me in.

I'll Join..Just don't have a game lined up. But I'll be there. Got 0 Plans for New Years. :(  :facepalm:  :P . Might as well start the Year with a plat..who cares about the new years kiss ey? xD  xD  xD

Definitely count me in. :D

I'll give the Lego Batman 3 platinum a shot.

These have been added.