Top 5 Best Games of 2015

Crzy Minus

Welcome to the top 5 games of the year thread.

Now rules of our Top 5 Lists, re-releases don't count (ex: Grand Theft Auto V PC) DLC/Expansion Packs don't count either unless they're just honorable mentions which are fine (ex: Destiny The Taken King), and of course if you played less than 5 games from this year, you can still make it a Top 4 or Top 3 if you like! Now all being said, here's my Top 5 Best Games of 2015:

5. Rocket League

PC, PS4 (Version played), Xbox One

17227491096_0a3bd83f58_b.jpg

To be honest, I fucking hate soccer and I also never liked any form of sports games (though sometimes I do play some racing games). But I guess Rocket League somewhat brought me some satisfaction out of it, not quite all of it sometimes it can fall off being a little repetitive, but I have to give it credit for bringing something new to the table and actually being fun if you play it with the right people. So yeah, not much to say aside being a fun game and also a complete shocker that I found a sports game that I ended up liking.

4. Fallout 4

PC (Version played), PS4, Xbox One

Dogmeat-meets-Protagonist.jpg

I've been switching this one with number 3 multiple time thinking which one was better, but the more I though about Fallout 4 the more of it's low points grabbed me especially in comparison with Fallout 3. However Fallout 4 is the equivalent of a real video-game, and by real video-game I mean that it truly knows the amount of amusement you can have while playing it. Imperfect? Yes. But fun as hell? Hell yes.

3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

PC, PS4 (Version played), PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360

2663549-metalgearsolidv_phantompain_tgs_

Metal Gear Solid V may not be the best entry in the series, but it really is one of the best games of this year just for the look and gameplay alone. Surprisingly the more I thought about it the more I realized how much as a game it added to itself, and being as good as it is I'm pretty sure if could've been much better. If Konami gave more time to Kojima Productions to polish the game further more, I'm pretty sure MGSV:TPP would've been not just a fantastic game but a modern masterpiece. R.I.P. Kojima Productions

2. Bloodborne

PS4

1280x720-fi_.jpg

Bloodborne can be perfectly describe in just one word: "Epic" It is a spectacle on design, the lore is intriguing and it doesn't just challenge you as a player but rewards your intelligence as a player. Just like the other Soul games only the formula here is changed and for very good reason. As of right now Bloodborne is also my second favorite in the Souls series just behind Dark Souls. Bloodborne is easily one of my most loved games of this year.

1. Undertale

PC

1444239780_13bb7c5c75a11f362b395d7240b71

Undertale is an indie old-school RPG but really more than just that, Undertale is an experience that I don't think another game has given me. Underale's specialty doesn't just rely on it's innovative combat as an RPG but execution-wise it's just marvelous. It's story is astonishingly carried and it's characters are well realized thanks to it's amazing writing. The humor works too and beyond that it brings a lot more to it just like it's high replay value for a game around $10. It's clever, it's effective, it's just stunning and for an independent game of this low-scale, it's impressive. That's why Undertale is my best game of 2015

Honorable mentions: Destiny The Taken King, The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth, N++ and Hotline Miami 2

Oh and just to mention I have Life is Strange on my library too, but haven't played it yet so I can't judge it. Also in case you wondered I have not played neither own The Witcher 3.

Okay so what is your Top 5 of 2015 if you got one?

Edited by CrazyMv94
  • Like 2

I have yet to finish most of them, but so far they're:

1- Bloodborne

2- The Witcher III

3- Fallout 4

4- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

5- Splatoon

Compared to last year, this year was a better one in terms of quality. Yes, we had some occasional bugs in some games, but not in large amounts like last year's releases.

5.Ride

4.Lego Jurassic World

3.The Order 1886 (Far too short but still fun)

2.Wolfenstein The Old Blood

1.Assassin's Creed Syndicate

All played on ps4.

It appears I don't buy as much as I thought!. Playing Uncharted collection but left that off with it being remastered. 

Edited by mysticmosh
  • Like 1

1. Neptunia Rebirth 3

2. Final Fantasy Type Deuce

3. SAO Re: Hollow Fragment

4. Steins;Gate

5. Dengeki Bunko

Most games I played this year actually came earlier (or were only localized this year) so I had to include the games that were localized this year even though they came out earlier in Japan =D

Okay, 4 HanaKanas, now we're talking. :awesome:

3:2 Vita, PS4, PS4 surprised me xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

1. Neptunia Rebirth 3

2. Final Fantasy Type Deuce

3. SAO Re: Hollow Fragment

4. Steins;Gate

5. Dengeki Bunko

Most games I played this year actually came earlier (or were only localized this year) so I had to include the games that were localized this year even though they came out earlier in Japan =D

Okay, 4 HanaKanas, now we're talking. :awesome:

3:2 Vita, PS4, PS4 surprised me xD

But isn't Final Fantasy Type Deuce 0 an HD remaster?

I wonder whether i even played five games from 2015. I don't own a PS4 yet and i don't want to get PS3 version of big titles such as Metal Gear Solid.

Vita is the only current gen console i have but most of the games i played on it weren't this years releases.

So yeah. I guess Steins Gate Vita is the game of the year for me. 

For me here are my top 5! I haven't played a lot of the best games of this year like The Witcher 3,Fallout 4,Bloodborne,etc but I plan on getting at least The Witcher 3 by mid next year. Anyways here's my list

1.Until Dawn

2.Life Is Strange PS4

3.Lego Jurassic World

4.Just Cause 3

5. The Order 1886

I might add Life Is Strange to the list seeing as I plan on playing it this week. I also do plan on playing Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 which came out this year but not sure really when. Maybe early next year? EDIT:Added Life Is Strange to the list. Amazing game.

Edited by DanteHellMode98

I don't think I even played 5 games that came out this year, they're just too expensive for me. So erm ... 1. Rocket League? :D

EDIT: I have played 2 TellTale Games that came out this year, but I just wouldn't put them on a list of best games.

Edited by QuinlanLJ

• 5 weeks later...

Oo good thread. For me, the best games of 2015 are:

1. Witcher 3 (for the stunning and expansive environment)

2. AC Syndicate (for the fluid close combat and fun side challenges/trophies)

3. Mortal Kombat X (a beautifully polished game with a variety on offline and online challenges - it constantly evolves, with new characters, living towers, faction wars.)

4. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (for value for money - I'd also never played the first and third games and loved them)

5. Possibly Just Cause 3. I'll let you know when I've played it ;)

Incidentally, I'd like to throw in the other extreme and say that I found The Order the most disappointing of the year. So, so many cutscenes...it was a little bit like watching a movie rather than playing a game. Great for getting a quick platinum, but there is no sense of achievement when you get it because the gameplay time is so minimal :(