The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So Bray was originally scheduled to be Sanity's leader, minus Killian Dain (dude never really fit in with that group anyways).  If the choice was between that and the current alliance with Hardy, I'll take Sanity any time.  Guess their call up is next week so we'll find out.

• Like 2

I don't say anithing regarding Sanity because I don't follow NXT, but I find hilarious how they book Bray Wyatt: he loses almost every rivalry and, recently, he has aligned with the man he defeated him only to betray him, if the rumors are true.

About Paige, I'm extremely happy for her! Her job was a way to forget about her recent problems, and it was sad watching her cry during the retirment speech: luckly, WWE did help her, giving her another job, and it will be great seeing her every single week on SmackDown!

• Like 2

@GoodbyeBread @itachi-destroyer @ee28max : Very interesting read, guys :)

Who do you consider Best Face wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Growing up: Razor Ramon - funny enough, when I started watching wrestling, my favorite wrestlers (Shawn and Razor) were heels, and I never was a Bret Hart fan for that matter. I picked Ramon, because he turned face way before Shawn did. I guess the Bad Guy was a cooler Good Guy after all.

Today: Daniel Bryan - I would've said AJ Styles, but since Daniel Bryan recently returned to the ring, so he gets my vote. Before AJ arrived in the WWE, Bryan was the best pure face they had. These two are really head-to-head though. In a time where it's cool to boo the faces and root for the baddies, both Daniel and AJ are truly loved and respected. To be naturally over these days is much harder than it was 20-30 years ago. It's good to see that portraying a hero, a role model so to speak, still works.

All Time: Hulk Hogan - hands-down, Hogan was the perfect babyface. The Real American theme, his looks, his charisma, the way he performed, his promos, he just had "it". Thanks to him, wrestling became a global phenomena. Even those who never watched wrestling know him. That says a lot about the influence he had.

Any era: Shawn Michaels - as mentioned before, HBK is one of my favorite wrestlers. Granted, he was a much better heel in the 90's, but when he came back in 2002, he made up for it with a long face run. Love him or hate him, Shawn is one of the all-time greats. Jericho comes to mind too. The Lionheart aka Y2J aka G.O.A.T. had to be on my list somewhere. So, let's give him a spot right here.

Who do you consider Best Heel wrestler? (today/all time/any era/growing up)

Growing up: Yokozuna - Yoko was the top heel back then and I didn't like him very much. Apparently he did an excellent job as a despicable big man, together with Mr. Fuji in his corner. Although I wasn't too fond of him, I have nothing but respect for the late great Rodney Anoa'i and appreciate everything he has done.

Today: The Miz - once the annoying kid from MTV and Tough Enough. Today maybe the only old school heel left in the business. Mizanin learned how to adapt and reinvent himself year after year to stay relevant and to stay on the bad side.

All Time: Ric Flair - The Nature Boy was and will forever be the dirtiest player in the game, no doubt about it. He had five star matches before there was a rating system. Jerry Lawler is another candidate who always understood how to play the part as a villain. For example during his rivalry with Bret Hart or Jake Roberts.

Any era: Owen Hart - credit where credit is due. The King of Harts was one of the best heels in the business. Much like The Miz today, Owen knew exactly how to gain heat. The minute he was cheered, he came up with something to get booed again. Hart was obnoxious, smart, loved to cheat and made several deals with the devil - like having Cornette as his manager and Yokozuna as his Tag Team partner.

Who do you consider the Worst Face wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Growing up: Barry Horowitz - now here's a name many of you might have already forgotten. Barry was a jobber. One who was never supposed to be more than the guy who gets squashed by future stars. In 1995 though, WWE tried to copy the 1-2-3 Kid's rise to the top, when they gave Horowitz an upset victory over Skip from the Bodydonnas. His "push" (if you can call it that anyway) lasted a couple of months, then he went on a losing streak after losing streak again, until he got released. He was okay as a heel jobber, but as a face? Oh boy. On a side note, "Witz" is a german word for "joke", and that's what Barry was, a joke. I bet he still pats himself on the back these days, when he accomplishes something...

Today: Roman Reigns - I have to pick Roman. It's not even his fault, but I think we all know that. Vince tried to go the Hogan route, then he tried to go the edgy route (like Stone Cold was), and it's just not working as it should be. Reigns has his moments, but those are far and far between.

All Time: Alberto Del Rio - that was a tough one, but I went with Del Rio because he is such an unlikeable person. He always looked like a scumbag and acted like one too. Needles to say, his brief run as a face was simply terrible. Del Rio is a born heel. Bam Bam Bigelow, Yokozuna, or Dean Malenko were better heels as well and never clicked with me, when they were babyfaces.

Who do you consider the Worst Heel wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Growing up: Isaac Yankem DDS - At first I wanted to say Bastion Booger, but to be honest the dentist takes the cake. What a horrible gimmick that was. Poor Glenn Jacobs. He had so much to deal with being the Black Knight, Lawler's dentist, and Fake-Diesel long before his successful run as Kane.

Today: Baron Corbin - Baron still hasn't reached his full potential yet. He's pretty much doing the same stuff he did in NXT. Most the the time Corbin is just boring and nothing else. Something needs to happen with his character. Edge and Hunter Hearst Helmsley had similar problems during their career. Then Edge became The Rated-R Superstar and Helmsley became Triple H.

All Time: Beaver Cleavage or The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust - …nuff said.

Best match you ever saw and why?

That's really hard. There were just too many to name a specific one. The first Ladder Match between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon maybe. Or the Ladder Match between HBK and Jericho from No Mercy 2008. The Iron Man Match between Shawn and Bret, because that has been classical wrestling in its purest form of art. NXT had many memorable matches, such as Nakamura vs Sami Zayn or Zayn vs Owens.

Worst match you ever saw and why?

Again, too many to pick the worst ever. I remember Austin beating Yokozuna in two minutes was crap. Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole, Bret vs Vince at WrestleMania or Bret winning the US title from The Miz wasn't a joy to watch either.

In your opinion or words, What is Pro wrestling? (Good matches? Good characters? Good Storylines? Good Segments? Good Booking? Good Promos?)

Pro wrestling is all about passion. We are passionate watching it and talking about it. The wrestlers are passionate doing their jobs and living their dreams performing in front of a loud crowd. It's an adrenaline rush, an addiction, and it often can be as exciting as frustrating. Good booking is the most important thing. The characters must be creative and interesting, their motives have to be clear. The promos are a big part of it of course. Without them, there are just matches and even the most boring matches can be worthwhile, when the storyline that led to the conclusion was good.

Edited by Jesaya815
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

@GoodbyeBread @itachi-destroyer @ee28max : Very interesting read, guys :)

Who do you consider Best Face wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Growing up: Razor Ramon - funny enough, when I started watching wrestling, my favorite wrestlers (Shawn and Razor) were heels, and I never was a Bret Hart fan for that matter. I picked Ramon, because he turned face way before Shawn did. I guess the Bad Guy was a cooler Good Guy after all.

Today: Daniel Bryan - I would've said AJ Styles, but since Daniel Bryan recently returned to the ring, so he gets my vote. Before AJ arrived in the WWE, Bryan was the best pure face they had. These two are really head-to-head though. In a time where it's cool to boo the faces and root for the baddies, both Daniel and AJ are truly loved and respected. To be naturally over these days is much harder than it was 20-30 years ago. It's good to see that portraying a hero, a role model so to speak, still works.

All Time: Hulk Hogan - hands-down, Hogan was the perfect babyface. The Real American theme, his looks, his charisma, the way he performed, his promos, he just had "it". Thanks to him, wrestling became a global phenomena. Even those who never watched wrestling know him. That says a lot about the influence he had.

Any era: Shawn Michaels - as mentioned before, HBK is one of my favorite wrestlers. Granted, he was a much better heel in the 90's, but when he came back in 2002, he made up for it with a long face run. Love him or hate him, Shawn is one of the all-time greats. Jericho comes to mind too. The Lionheart aka Y2J aka G.O.A.T. had to be on my list somewhere. So, let's give him a spot right here.

Who do you consider Best Heel wrestler? (today/all time/any era/growing up)

Growing up: Yokozuna - Yoko was the top heel back then and I didn't like him very much. Apparently he did an excellent job as a despicable big man, together with Mr. Fuji in his corner. Although I wasn't too fond of him, I have nothing but respect for the late great Rodney Anoa'i and appreciate everything he has done.

Today: The Miz - once the annoying kid from MTV and Tough Enough. Today maybe the only old school heel left in the business. Mizanin learned how to adapt and reinvent himself year after year to stay relevant and to stay on the bad side.

All Time: Ric Flair - The Nature Boy was and will forever be the dirtiest player in the game, no doubt about it. He had five star matches before there was a rating system. Jerry Lawler is another candidate who always understood how to play the part as a villain. For example during his rivalry with Bret Hart or Jake Roberts.

Any era: Owen Hart - credit where credit is due. The King of Harts was one of the best heels in the business. Much like The Miz today, Owen knew exactly how to gain heat. The minute he was cheered, he came up with something to get booed again. Hart was obnoxious, smart, loved to cheat and made several deals with the devil - like having Cornette as his manager and Yokozuna as his Tag Team partner.

Who do you consider the Worst Face wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Growing up: Barry Horowitz - now here's a name many of you might have already forgotten. Barry was a jobber. One who was never supposed to be more than the guy who gets squashed by future stars. In 1995 though, WWE tried to copy the 1-2-3 Kid's rise to the top, when they gave Horowitz an upset victory over Skip from the Bodydonnas. His "push" (if you can call it that anyway) lasted a couple of months, then he went on a losing streak after losing streak again, until he got released. He was okay as a heel jobber, but as a face? Oh boy. On a side note, "Witz" is a german word for "joke", and that's what Barry was, a joke. I bet he still pats himself on the back these days, when he accomplishes something...

Today: Roman Reigns - I have to pick Roman. It's not even his fault, but I think we all know that. Vince tried to go the Hogan route, then he tried to go the edgy route (like Stone Cold was), and it's just not working as it should be. Reigns has his moments, but those are far and far between.

All Time: Alberto Del Rio - that was a tough one, but I went with Del Rio because he is such an unlikeable person. He always looked like a scumbag and acted like one too. Needles to say, his brief run as a face was simply terrible. Del Rio is a born heel. Bam Bam Bigelow, Yokozuna, or Dean Malenko were better heels as well and never clicked with me, when they were babyfaces.

Who do you consider the Worst Heel wrestler? (today/all time/any era/ growing up)

Growing up: Isaac Yankem DDS - At first I wanted to say Bastion Booger, but to be honest the dentist takes the cake. What a horrible gimmick that was. Poor Glenn Jacobs. He had so much to deal with being the Black Knight, Lawler's dentist, and Fake-Diesel long before his successful run as Kane.

Today: Baron Corbin - Baron still hasn't reached his full potential yet. He's pretty much doing the same stuff he did in NXT. Most the the time Corbin is just boring and nothing else. Something needs to happen with his character. Edge and Hunter Hearst Helmsley had similar problems during their career. Then Edge became The Rated-R Superstar and Helmsley became Triple H.

All Time: Beaver Cleavage or The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust - …nuff said.

Best match you ever saw and why?

That's really hard. There were just too many to name a specific one. The first Ladder Match between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon maybe. Or the Ladder Match between HBK and Jericho from No Mercy 2008. The Iron Man Match between Shawn and Bret, because that has been classical wrestling in its purest form of art. NXT had many memorable matches, such as Nakamura vs Sami Zayn or Zayn vs Owens.

Worst match you ever saw and why?

Again, too many to pick the worst ever. I remember Austin beating Yokozuna in two minutes was crap. Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole, Bret vs Vince at WrestleMania or Bret winning the US title from The Miz wasn't a joy to watch either.

In your opinion or words, What is Pro wrestling? (Good matches? Good characters? Good Storylines? Good Segments? Good Booking? Good Promos?)

Pro wrestling is all about passion. We are passionate watching it and talking about it. The wrestlers are passionate doing their jobs and living their dreams performing in front of a loud crowd. It's an adrenaline rush, an addiction, and it often can be as exciting as frustrating. Good booking is the most important thing. The characters must be creative and interesting, their motives have to be clear. The promos are a big part of it of course. Without them, there are just matches and even the most boring matches can be worthwhile, when the storyline that led to the conclusion was good.

I forgot about the last one, I edited it on my post ?

Good read as well ?

• Like 2

Alright, this is usually something I couldn't care less about but there's a point here that I can't ignore.  Cena and Nikki are breaking up, I know, whoop-dee-freakin'-doo.  I couldn't help but notice,however, that in their public statement made on social media that asked that we "respect their privacy during this time of their lives".  Am I the only one that thinks if you want your privacy respected then don't post private shit on social media?  And don't think for a second this won't be a focal point of Total Bellas whenever the next season airs.  Stuff like this annoys me to no end.  Social media is an absolute plague on this world.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 3

Ok guys, here is my opinion regarding he first part of the SuperStar Shake Up... I'm split in half: a lot of things that I really appreciate, and others that I find huge mistakes.

Where do I start? I start with the things I did not like, and I'd start with the secondary titles situation: imho, it's a bullshit the fact that Raw and SmackDown has switched the Intercontinental Championship and the United States Championship twice in two years. I think they had to keep the US Title on SmackDown and the IC Title on Raw for some other years, they did not have to switch them again this year. I know that Seth Rollins and the Intercontinental Championship, until tomorrow, are not officially traded, but it is a matter of fact... And regarding him and Jinder Mahal, I wish they became two of the most important SuperStars of their Rosters: Rollins of Raw, of which he was the first Draft Pick in 2016, and Mahal of SmackDown, where he became, between controviersy, a Main Eventer, only lo later become a Mid/Upper Carder with a secondary Title. Switching them is a huge mistake in my opinion, it had to happen later, maybe even in the '20s.

Regarding Jeff Hardy, who is still on Raw, I'm happy he is receiving a solo Push... But not in this way. Jinder Mahal has won the Title since few weeks, he deserved a better run, and expecially, I wanted to see Jeff on SmackDown, not on Raw, where he is too damn near to Woken Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt (I'm not a big fan of these gimmicks, lol). And now that Jinder Mahal has lost the US Title, I'm very very afraid he may end up in a comedy scenario with No Way Jose.

I'm not happy also of Baron Corbin, basically, for the same reasons of Seth Rollins and Jinder Mahal: I wish Corbin became one of the faces of SmackDown, his eventual trasnfer to Raw had to happen later.

Now let's start speaking about the things I'm happy of, instead. First of all, The Miz: since they did the bullshit of trading Seth Rollins to SmackDown, it's good to have The Miz on SmackDown too. In this way, their rivalry will go on without problems until Backlash, not like Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt's rivalry last year (One on Raw, and the other on SmackDown), and it's very likely that Miz will do something with Daniel Bryan...

Then, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Despite the fact that I loved their SmackDown run in 2017-2018, trading them back to SmackDown would have been a huge mistake: their rivalry with Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon has ended, and if Owens and Zayn went back to SmackDown, the rivalry would have continued, and it did not have to. Also, after WrestleMania, SmackDown needs something new, such as Daniel Bryan again a Full Time Wrestler, Shinsuke Nakamura Heel, new SuperStars coming from Raw thank to the Shake Up... And also Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn not anymore on SmackDown. I'm looking forward to see what they will do on Raw.

And then, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre. At the beginning, I didn't want Ziggler to Raw because of the same reason of Baron Corbin, but since Ziggler had no future on SmackDown while Corbin had it, I'm positive on having Ziggler on Raw. Also, his alliance with Drew McIntyre may be a cool thing, and if you don't know, I really liked Drew McIntyre back in 2009-2012. Now just bring back Broken Dreams, please. Lol. I'm also very happy of Bobby Roode on Raw, this change was needed: on SmackDown, despite winning a United States Title, I didn't enjoy Roode's booking at all. I hope that his career on Raw will be better.

I'm a bit sorry that the Team of Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable has been split up, since I was a huge fan of them, but if it means that Shelton Benjamin will have a solo run on SmackDown, I'm ok about that. Also, I'm pretty sure Gable will reunite with Jason Jordan... And in deepest part of my hearth, I'm hoping that The Ascension will finally get a push on Raw. Yes, I love The Ascension. I SAID THAT. NOW DON'T HATE ME, PLEASE.

Regarding the Women's Divison, I'm very happy of Natalya on Raw, this change was needed (Either her or Naomi), while I honestly don't care about the trade between Absolution and Riott Squad.

I also don't care of all the other things, since every other trade has been made between Jobbers or Low Carders. Tomorrow, I'll say what I think about the second part of the Shake Up :D I see Seth Rollins, The Absolution and either Sasha Banks or Bayley (I prefer Bayley) going to SmackDown, then I don't know.
Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 3

Some thoughts regarding Jeff & Jinder + Ronda & Natalya:

Jinder dropping the belt to Jeff is really good. Giving him a singles push works well, and putting Jinder in a feud with No Way Jose gets him out of the title picture for now, which works for me since I never really liked him anyway. He is a decent heel, but the evil foreigner gimmick isn't all that exciting. Also, if you want to make Jose work on the main roster somehow, pitting him against someone as unlikeable as Jinder Mahal is actually a pretty good shout.

Also, concerning what the dude above me said about wanting to see Jeff on SD instead of Raw, it's still possible for him to make the switch, I think. He could still be drafted to SD, together with his newly won championship. That would separate him from his brother's new tag team.

Also, I enjoy Natalya being on Raw and turning face again. It makes sense for her to hang out with Ronda since Natalya was the one training her. Having both of them tag team for a while is a neat idea and allows Ronda (who's already pretty good) to develop even further and be guided by Natalya through some matches. Also, Natalya has been heel for quite some time, and it's a refreshing change in general. :)

• Like 3

Raw was really fun to watch. The only problem I see is having the same midcard, just on a different brand right now. Ziggler, Corbin, Mahal and Roode...most of them had feuds or at least matches against each other in recent months. Same goes for Ryder and Mojo or even Owens and Zayn in a way.

Chad Gable on Raw will be interesting, especially when Jason Jordan returns. Another run as American Alpha would be awesome, as well as a rivalry between the two.

Bit surprised that Charlotte is still on Smackdown, but other than that it was a good Shake Up so far. The blue brand already won with Bryan, AJ, Nakamura, Orton, and The Miz being on the same show. Here's hoping that Finn Balor with the Good Brothers, Jeff Hardy, and Elias, will be added to the roster tonight.

• Like 3

RAW was awesome and the Shake Up had its ups and downs. Here's what I think:

Jeff Hardy winning the US title from Jinder Mahal was a great shout, thus becoming Grand Slam on the old and current format. I think his singles run would be better off at SmackDown than it is at RAW. I feel a "jobber" sense coming up. Jinder? No Way, it will be Jose ?. I think Jinder on RAW was a great decision as well, I just don't know if they'll keep him on the title picture just like 90% of his time on SmackDown. This leaves me puzzled because what happens to Randy Orton's No. 1 Contender US Championship at Backlash? 

I already like the idea of Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre as a team. If they go on to the Tag Team championship picture, this will help Dolph Ziggler become Grand Slam and help him at least have a moment after the terrible booking at SmackDown (especially making him vacate the US title). Nice Claymore Zig-Zag finisher combination. Mr Broken Dreams is looking bigger than before IMO (remember that Vince likes big sweaty men) and now we have all the former 3MB members on RAW. What's heading towards us, a reunion just like Dean Ambrose moving to RAW last year?

Really disappointed when I saw Riott Squad on RAW. Looks like we (if y'all would like it) will never see a Carmella / Liv Morgan feud, now that Ms F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S is SmackDown Women's champion. We might see Sasha Banks and Bayley go to SmackDown and continue their feud there. 

The Miz to SmackDown without Miztourage will be weird, and AWESOME at the same time. Daniel Bryan is coming for you! I'm excited to see what Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn will do on RAW. I really thought that email that Zayn read was fake. These two will never be boring. Braun Strowman, Finn Bálor and Seth Rollins moving to SmackDown? We'll find out tonight. 

I was really expecting Dean Ambrose to appear during Elias / Renee Young interview. I don't know why, I just want him back. Hopefully he'll return at Greatest Royal Rumble. 

There are some reports that the Shake Up won't happen tonight due to the South African tour but I highly doubt it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

I was really expecting Dean Ambrose to appear during Elias / Renee Young interview. I don't know why, I just want him back. Hopefully he'll return at Greatest Royal Rumble. 

His injury was pretty serious (December) and he needs 8-9 months to rehab, so think Summerslam (I miss him as well).

• Like 2

A few thoughts on last night's RAW:

Firstly, Smackdown has lost a TON of major superstars as they've made the move to the RAW brand (Bobby Roode, Baron Corbin, Jinder Mahal, Breezango, Dolph Ziggler and, arguably the biggest losses, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn). I suspect RAW will also lose a few stars in the process as well. I have a strong feeling Finn Balor will make the switch (he has been wearing blue on awful lot lately) as well as Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman.

Jinder Mahal spent one year in the Smackdown brand and became a huge heel in the process and having successful stints as the WWE Championship and winning the US title. One night on the RAW brand and he is back to been a jobber ? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for Jeff Hardy and I'm glad he's won a champonship but this just shows what the RAW brand is all about. Smackdown make the effort to build up superstars and RAW makes the effort to tear them back down. It is why I want both Finn Balor and (especially) Braun Strowman to make the move to Smackdown. In the last year, Braun has built quite a reputation for himself and there is nobody else on the RAW brand quite as OVER as he is right now. Even last night during the 10 man tag match, the crowd were restless and chanting for Braun to come on. This, despite the fact that the match also featured a surprise appearance by Bobby Roode and the returning Bobby Lashley. Yet RAW continue to build Braun up but stop short of making him the face of the brand. That honour goes to Roman Reigns who the crowd refuse to get behind. Braun moving to Smackdown would be quite a coup for the Smackdown brand but, more importantly, with Smackdown's success at building up superstars, can you imagine how popular Braun would be in a year's time?

• Like 3

Weirdly enough, the true winners of the RAW shake-up is ... Smackdown ! :D 

They took pretty much everyone who weren't use correctly on SD Live + some useless wrestlers like Mojo so SD Live will most likely end up with the better roster. I would have love if they took The Usos and Naomi too since I didn't want to see The Usos + New Day on the same brand again ... Too bad Drew McIntyre is on RAW as a lackey for Ziggler and a possible 3MB "reunion" down the line ... Hopefully he'll drop Ziggler quickly and make a name by himself on RAW.

It's pretty much a given that Jeff Hardy or Seth Rollins is going to be transfered to Smackdown tonight so it's a win-win situation for the blue show.

I don't know why they didn't traded Charlotte to RAW/Ronda to Smackdown though. It's almost like they were not thinking of the possible card for WM35. Smackdown is going to get some NXT superstars tonight (Andrade w/ Zelina + Sanity ?) and some RAW stars like Balor w/Balor Club, Jeff Hardy/Seth Rollins, Alexa Bliss.

The superstar I'm the most happy for is The Miz. He is going to be even more awesome on Smackdown and will likely be used better than he was on RAW.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Where do I start? I start with the things I did not like, and I'd start with the secondary titles situation: imho, it's a bullshit the fact that Raw and SmackDown has switched the Intercontinental Championship and the United States Championship twice in two years. I think they had to keep the US Title on SmackDown and the IC Title on Raw for some other years, they did not have to switch them again this year. I know that Seth Rollins and the Intercontinental Championship, until tomorrow, are not officially traded, but it is a matter of fact... 
Regarding Jeff Hardy, who is still on Raw, I'm happy he is receiving a solo Push... But not in this way. Jinder Mahal has won the Title since few weeks, he deserved a better run, and expecially, I wanted to see Jeff on SmackDown.

You were saying ... ?

Wow, Samoa Joe @SD that is Huge! 

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 3

I'll be honest

Glad to see Big Cass back, but I don't think he will last long.

He'll need to work on those promos quickly. There only so much leg room you can use for your size in your promos. 

----

Watching SD so far and I think they got the better deal than Raw did ;) 

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 2

As I expected, Smackdown ends up with the better roster by a large margin. The blue show could definitely be a 3 hour show with all the talent they have right now. RAW can be viewed as the "A show" by WWE creatives but they were crazy to let Smackdown get The Miz, Samoa Joe, The Bar, The Iconic, Asuka, Andrade Cien Almas /w Zelina, Jeff Hardy, The Club and Sanity.

(The only thing that I don't really like is having Sanity without Nikki Cross, how could they just not mention her that's crazy and she can't stay in NXT forever...)

If only Drew McIntyre and Rollins were on Smackdown I could probably just skip RAW every week and I wouldn't even mind.

Too bad that the PPV are all going to be dual branded, I would have love to see SD have 3-4 hour of exciting matches with the roster they have. 

Apart from that the show was good but I wonder how they are going to make a good use of their roster with just two hours.

• Like 3

Amazing Shake Up, Smackdown just got bigger and better. Samoa Joe and The Bar were huge surprises. SD doesn't even need Sheamus & Cesaro as a Tag Team, so they might as well split them up. Then again, there's little room left in the midcard and main event scene. This roster is so jam-packed!

19 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

(and I'm sure I missed some others :P )

Come on, how could you forget "The Immortal" R-Truth?! :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Amazing Shake Up, Smackdown just got bigger and better. Samoa Joe and The Bar were huge surprises. SD doesn't even need Sheamus & Cesaro as a Tag Team, so they might as well split them up. Then again, there's little room left in the midcard and main event scene. This roster is so jam-packed!

Come on, how could you forget "The Immortal" R-Truth?! :P

Shame on me :facepalm: I used to love him when he was looking for some kind of conspiracy each and every week and when he teamed with The Miz to form The Awesome Truth :P His career is pretty much over though but it's still great to see him once in a while.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Shame on me :facepalm: I used to love him when he was looking for some kind of conspiracy each and every week and when he teamed with The Miz to form The Awesome Truth :P His career is pretty much over though but it's still great to see him once in a while.

Man, those were the days :D . I still can't believe that he once was the No. 1 Contender for the WWE Championship and challenged John Cena for it. R-Truth is just an enhancement talent right now of course. He pretty much had to switch brands after Smackdown lost Breezango, because every show needs at least one goofy character. xD

• Like 2

Ok guys, SmackDown has passed, and this SuperStar Shake Up is over, so here is my opinion of what has happened last night, on SmackDown.

Also about SmackDown, there are things that I appreciate and others that I do not.

First of all, you can easily imagine it if you remember what I wrote yesterday about Raw... Jeff Hardy, baby! Jeff on SmackDown, going solo, faaaar far away from the overrated shitty Gimmick of his brother, and leaving the US Title here, on SmackDown! I'd say 10/10, but there is the problem that the rivalry between The Miz and Seth Rollins for the Intercontinental Championship leading up to Backlash can't be built up in a good way, since Rollins is still on Raw... But I don't complain about that, if I had to choose between Rollins or Jeff on SmackDown, I have no doubts. And yes, I'm the happiest person of the world. Also, who had feels watching Jeff taking on Shelton Benjamin? Man, I felt 10 years old again :D

I'm also happy of Big Cass: honestly, I was expecting him to return to SmackDown ever since he got injured last year, but I thought he would have returned as a Baby Face, not as a Heel. But don't misunderstand me, I'm enjoying him as a Heel, I think he is perfect as the first real rival for Daniel Bryan. I know, the "David vs Goliath" thing is overused recently, but... It works, so why shouldn't they use it again?

Then, Asuka: honestly, I thought she was already on SmackDown despite losing against Charlotte at WrestleMania, but it's ok, let's make it official, trading her again on Raw would have been annoying.

Absolution going to SmackDown in exchange of the Riott Squadd is ok, they had to do that; also, let's see what they will do with Sanity and with Andrade Almas, I've heard speaking very well about them, I want to see what they will do on SmackDown.

I'm happy also, who would have said, of R-Truth: I've always been a fan of him, and I think having him on Raw interacting with Goldust every single time, was annoying. On SmackDown he will do something different, maybe he will even appear more, and I want to see where the angle between him and Tye Dillinger will lead. Talking about the Tag Team Divison, I'm happy they traded Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson: I had lost hopes that WWE no longer believed in them, but this trade on SmackDown may be a great step in their careers. I'm also glad they did not send Finn Balor on SmackDown as well: I've always criticized their reunion on Raw, I've found it senseless and just for fan service, since Balor was a Face and Anderson and Gallows were Heel.

I did not, however, like Cesaro and Sheamus being sent to SmackDown. Basically for the same reasons I didn't want Seth Rollins to SmackDown as well, because Cesaro and Sheamus used to be the top of the Raw Tag Team Division, I wish they spent at least another year here. Also, what will happen to their match against Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt at Greatest Royal Rumble? And in the end, Samoa Joe: I don't repeat myself, same reason, I wish he became a face of Raw, but life sucks, so nothing, lol
Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

SmackDown was awesome, it got even better. Too bad we'll be seeing both branded PPVs from now on. 

Jeff Hardy on SmackDown is a good choice although I thought SmackDown would be getting the Intercontinental Championship this time around. Shelton Benjamin is finally solo and I think Chad Gable will reunite with Jason Jordan when he returns. The match felt like I was reliving 2008-2009. 

Shinsuke Nakamura being addicted to AJ Styles' balls is really funny. I like how he just comes from outta nowhere and do that, and tells Renee Young that he can't speak English. I hope AJ Styles is done having kids. 

Big Cass return was surprising. I thought he'd be at RAW but here he is. I also thought they'd change his name but they didn't. 

Asuka on SmackDown was already predictable since her loss to Charlotte at WrestleMania. I think we're gonna see a 6 women tag team match next week. Hopefully Carmella will keep the title a little longer before losing it. 

SmackDown got so much better, now adding Andrade "Cien" Almas w/Zelina Vega and SAnitY (would be cool if Nikki Cross was there too). Can't wait for The Miz. 

The Bar on SmackDown was the most shocking one. I think this means they'll split here and part ways. Hopefully Cesaro gets pushed now. 

10 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Man, those were the days :D . I still can't believe that he once was the No. 1 Contender for the WWE Championship and challenged John Cena for it. R-Truth is just an enhancement talent right now of course. He pretty much had to switch brands after Smackdown lost Breezango, because every show needs at least one goofy character. xD

Those good old days. Wasn't he a WWE Champion at a point? I remember he was having the title during his entrance and faced John Cena at some weird PPV (Capitol Punishment?) The alliance with The Miz against John Cena & The Rock at Survivor Series 2011 was awesome too. Do you remember "And I choose my partner to be... The Rock!"(Savila on mic from mouth)

• Like 2