Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

Hehe you did! :) but like I said to another user it's understandable you don't remember it since it was like 9 months ago when I first made the thread :P

I grew a bit of interest for the Persona series over the time so I too want to see Persona 3 making its way to the PS4! :D although can you tell me if their stories are related between 1, 2, 4 and 5 or is it like the Final Fantasy/Tales of series were each installment has its own unique story (except for some exceptions here and there)?

Only the first and the second one are related, the third and the fourth ones have their own unique story (it's the same mechanic, a JRPG with teenagers living in a high school life, with social links, shadows and dungeons, but it's 2 different stories, new characters and another atmosphere). I highly recommend!

Edited by straysheep87
  • Like 1

Only the first and the second one are related, the third and the fourth ones have their own unique story (it's the same mechanic, a JRPG with teenagers living in a high school life, with social links, shadows and dungeons, but it's 2 different stories, new characters and another atmosphere). I highly recommend!

Thank you very much! :) I'm certainly interested on it now!

One of the THE best series on the PS2. The PS1 games were a little clunky (particularly in battle). P3 fixed that, but the story was a little too...apocalyptic and symbolic. P4 just got it ALL right, though. Highly, HIGHLY recommended.

That's really good to hear! :D although personally I'm not much into RPG as I am into horror games, so I'll prefer to see Sony releasing more horror games for the PS2-to-PS4 catalogue, since I think there are already too many RPGs on it. Would be good to have a little more variety. :)

Still I might try the Persona series if Sony decides to re-release them! and I'm waiting to start with P3 first.

what do you mean by a working emulator? if you meant those pc emulators well not everyone has a decent or powerful pc to make them run properly, at least i know i don't so i can't play them without them being played at 10 fps or not working at all, or since unofficial emulators aren't perfect you can encounter bugs and glitches too, so this re-releases are very helpful an much better in my opinion, especially for the trophy support thing.

Not talking about PC. The PS3 plays PS1 games by using an emulator and the Wii U plays Wii games by using an emulator.

Not talking about PC. The PS3 plays PS1 games by using an emulator and the Wii U plays Wii games by using an emulator.

yeah but due to lack of trophies that's why i haven't bought any ps1 or ps2 game on the ps3. the thing is this ps2 emulations on ps4 cost more to be made compared to those ps3 versions, and not just due to the newly added trophy/platinum support but those remote play, share play, streaming, etc functions also need to be tested manually to ensure they work properly, its not an automated process like some people think. that's why it's kind of understandable why they aren't giving them away free to previous owners. if this emulation was similar to the ps3 one, which means lacking any of the new ps4 features then i would agree they should give them free for previous owners. in any case one can just wait for a sale if its not happy with the current prices.

Persona 3 FES(I NEED IT!)

Destroy All Humans 1 and 2

Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Godzilla: Save the Earth

All of the Silent Hills

Area 51

Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge

Crash Twinsanity and Wrath of Cortex

Dragonball Z Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3

Need for Spedd Most Wanted

Peter Jackson's KIng Kong
The Simpsons Hit and Run

Predator Concrete Jungle

Spider Man 2

Star wars Battlefront 2

Tekken 5

Would love it if they ported all of the HD collections we got fro the PS3 too. Like Sly Collection, Jak Collection, Ratchet, etc.

• Like 1

All of the Silent Hills

Area 51

Need for Speed Most Wanted

The Simpsons Hit and Run

Predator Concrete Jungle

Spider Man 2

Star wars Battlefront 2

Tekken 5

Would love it if they ported all of the HD collections we got fro the PS3 too. Like Sly Collection, Jak Collection, Ratchet, etc.

Those two games in particular. Spider-Man 2 is probably my all time favourite PS2 game. I'd also throw in the first Spider-Man too (movie game whatever you call it).

NFS Carbon

NFS Underground

NFS Underground 2

Worms 3D

Dead Or Alive 2

Enter The Matrix

Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Smackdown Shut Your Mouth

Burnout Revenge

Garfield1_PS2Box-UK.jpg

Am I the only one who has played this game? Yes? Okay then.  I'd still want it, even if it's highly unlikely.

I never finished the game myself, but did still enjoy playing it.

I actually did play it too some years ago! :D in fact I included it on my wish list but for some reason I can't remember it seems that I removed it.

I never finished it either, would be cool to have it on the PS4 :P man, the PS2 had so many good games! even the niche/least popular ones were good.

All of the Silent Hills

Area 51

Need for Spedd Most Wanted

The Simpsons Hit and Run

Predator Concrete Jungle

Spider Man 2

Star wars Battlefront 2

Tekken 5

You might have luck with the first Destroy All Humans game, since it got leaked last month on the PEGI site for a PS4 release! :)

You can read about it here: [New PS2 leak?] Destroy All Humans rated for PS4

I would also like to have all those HD Collections you mentioned, together with the Shadow of the Colossus and ICO one.  :wub: 

Whne is the Red Dead Revolver game suppose to release. I wonder what will be anounced next. It seems it has been a while.

It's now available on the PS4! :) what a coincidence that it got released just one day after you made that comment :P  :D

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

I actually did play it too some years ago! :D in fact I included it on my wish list but for some reason I can't remember it seems that I removed it.

I never finished it either, would be cool to have it on the PS4 :P man, the PS2 had so many good games! even the niche/least popular ones were good.

Yeah, I myself had rented it out from the video store actually and I did have fun with it, even if, as I said, I never finished it.  But I did do a fair bit on it... can't recall if I made it to the backyard on the game or not though.  I mean if it ever came to the PS4, doubt it would have a platinum, but hey, a 100% list for this game would still be good in my book :D

• Like 1

I would personally really like to get a Saints Row 1 & 2 remaster with trophies included.

Saints Row 2 is one of my favourite games of all time and I think it's millions of times better than the Saints Row games that have come out after it so far.

I wouldn't mind having these, either. But I'm 99.99% sure those weren't PS2 games..